B.Tech. Chemical Engineering - DIGITIZATION OF PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
The B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Digitization of Process Technology) program offered by UPES School of Advanced Technology is designed to equip students with a comprehensive understanding of chemical engineering principles and their application in the digital age. The program focuses on integrating cutting-edge digital technologies into the traditional chemical engineering framework to optimize industrial processes, enhance productivity, and promote sustainability.
The curriculum covers core chemical engineering subjects such as thermodynamics, reaction engineering, process design, and transport phenomena. Additionally, it emphasizes courses related to data analytics, process simulation, automation, and artificial intelligence. Students will gain hands-on experience through state-of-the-art laboratories and industry-driven projects, enabling them to analyze, model, and optimize chemical processes using digital tools effectively.
The program aims to produce skilled chemical engineers who are adept at utilizing advanced technologies to address real-world challenges in industries like petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, energy, and environmental sustainability. Graduates will be equipped to design and implement innovative solutions, enhance process efficiency, and contribute to the ongoing digital transformation in the chemical engineering domain. Through a mix of theoretical knowledge and practical exposure, students will be prepared to thrive in dynamic and evolving industrial landscapes, making them valuable assets to the chemical engineering sector.
- The B.Tech. Chemical Engineering program at UPES School of Advanced Technology focuses on creating digital twins of chemical processes, allowing remote operation and monitoring from any location, keeping up with the trends of automation and digitalization.
- The specialization offers comprehensive training in data analytics, providing graduates with the ability to analyze and interpret data crucial for optimizing chemical engineering processes.
- The program incorporates the application of Internet of Things (IoT) in chemical engineering, preparing students to harness the potential of IoT technologies in this field.
- Graduates will gain expertise in automation technologies, enabling them to design and implement automated systems for efficient process control.
- The B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Digitization of Process Technology) program equips students with the skills and knowledge required to excel in the technology-driven world, empowering them to become professionals prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
- The curriculum is designed to address the evolving needs of the industry, ensuring that graduates are well-prepared to contribute to the digitization and optimization of process technology in the chemical engineering domain.
Future Scope / Industry Trends
The future scope of the B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Digitization of Process Technology) program is promising and highly relevant in today's world of sustainability, energy innovation, digitization, and gas engineering. With a focus on embracing digitization and leveraging technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning, chemical engineers are equipped to drive advancements in various industries. Through data-driven insights, they optimize processes, boost productivity, and bring about innovation on a large scale, making them pivotal in shaping the future of industries and contributing to a dynamic and evolving landscape of career opportunities.
Upon completing the B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Digitization of Process Technology) program at UPES School of Advanced Technology, graduates are well-prepared for a diverse range of career opportunities in various industries. These industries include chemicals, refining, petrochemicals, gas sectors, fertilizers, energy solutions, pharmaceuticals, specialty chemical industries, engineering, procurement, construction, research and development. Graduates can pursue roles such as production engineer, design engineer, petroleum engineer, refining engineer, process engineer, research engineer, process automation engineer, smart manufacturer, and data analyst. The program's well-structured curriculum, developed in collaboration with industry experts, academia, alumni, and parents, ensures that students are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to thrive in the industry upon graduation.
The B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Digitization of Process Technology) program at UPES School of Advanced Technology offers exceptional placements, enabling students to secure promising careers in the industry. Renowned companies such as ExxonMobil, Cairn India, Reliance Industries Limited, McKinsey & Company, Samsung Heavy Industries, ZS Associates, Bain & Company, Technip, SUEZ India, Epsilon Carbon, and Jubilant Ingrevia actively recruit graduates from this program. These esteemed organizations recognize the high-quality education and specialized skills that UPES students possess, making the program an excellent choice for those aspiring to excel in the field of chemical engineering and process digitization.
Click here for detailed Fee Structure.
Interested students must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Digitization of Process Technology) as stated below: Minimum 50% marks in Classes X and XII. with 50% in PCM (Physics/Chemistry and Mathematics) in Class XII.
The selection criteria for students who wish to pursue B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Digitization of Process Technology) at UPES depend on the individual's performance in UPESEAT / JEE / Board Merit / SAT/ CUET.