BBA - Human Resource
The BBA in Human Resource program offered by UPES School of Business is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of human resource management. Over the course of three years, students will delve into various HR-related topics, including human resource management, organizational behavior, compensation and benefits, employment law, training and development, recruitment and selection, employee relations, performance management, and strategic human resource management. This broad curriculum ensures that students acquire a well-rounded knowledge base in HR principles and practices.
In addition to theoretical coursework, the program also emphasizes practical experience through two internships. These internships provide students with the opportunity to apply their learning in real-world settings. The internships are structured to expose students to both the social and corporate sectors, ensuring they gain a diverse perspective on HR practices. This hands-on experience equips students with the skills and confidence needed to excel in entry-level HR positions across various industries and organizations.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded a BBA in Human Resource Management degree. This degree serves as a testament to their specialized knowledge and skills in HR, enhancing their employability in the field. Graduates of the program are well-prepared to pursue careers in HR departments, staffing agencies, consulting firms, and other organizations where human resource management is essential. With their comprehensive understanding of business administration and specialized HR expertise, BBA graduates from UPES are equipped to navigate the complexities of HR management and contribute to the success of organizations.
- Students undertake major projects, summer internships, and live projects with companies, providing them with real-world experience in the field of human resources.
- Students are exposed to real-world case studies, industry visits, and guest lectures from industry experts, ensuring they acquire practical knowledge and skills relevant to the HR field.
- The school has been ranked 39th in India in the Management Category by NIRF 2023 and is among the top 25 Business Schools in India according to India Today Ranking Issue 2021.
- The BBA in Human Resources program has industry alliances with renowned organizations such as KPMG, TATA Power, HPCL, and Essar Oil, providing students with opportunities for networking, internships, and industry insights.
- Students have unmatched global opportunities, including a semester abroad at the University of California, Berkeley, student exchange programs at top universities worldwide, and co-teaching by UCW and ULBS.
- The BBA in Human Resource program offers placement assistance for up to 5 years, membership in AACSB, and progression opportunities for master's programs with universities such as Nottingham Trent University and ULaw Business School, as well as a semester abroad with tuition fee waivers at University Canada West and ULaw Business School.
Future Scope / Industry Trends
The future scope of BBA in Human Resource program is promising, with several industry trends shaping its landscape. One significant trend is the emergence of algorithmic HR, where data-driven decision-making and automation play a crucial role in managing human resources effectively. Another important aspect is the focus on total wellbeing, recognizing the importance of employees' physical, mental, and emotional health. Managing workforce ecosystems has become essential, as organizations now deal with a diverse range of employee types, including full-time, part-time, freelance, and gig workers. The future also entails redefining remote and hybrid work strategies, accommodating the changing work environments. The role of the CHRO is evolving, demanding a broader skill set that encompasses strategic thinking, analytics, and technology proficiency. Furthermore, HR is entering the metaverse, exploring virtual and augmented reality applications for talent management. Creating purpose-driven organizations is gaining prominence, aligning employee values with organizational goals. Inclusion across the employee life cycle is a key focus, ensuring diversity and equity in hiring, development, and retention practices. Upskilling leaders and managers is crucial to navigate the dynamic workplace. Lastly, there is an increased investment in deskless workers, acknowledging their significant contributions and addressing their unique HR needs. By staying aware of these trends, HR professionals can proactively adapt and thrive in the future of work.
Completing a BBA in Human Resource program offered by UPES School of Business opens up a wide array of rewarding career opportunities. Graduates can pursue diverse roles in the field of human resources, such as HR generalist, talent acquisition specialist, compensation and benefits analyst, training and development manager, or employee relations consultant. They can find employment in various industries, including corporate organizations, consulting firms, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and multinational corporations. The comprehensive curriculum and practical training provided by UPES School of Business equip students with essential skills in personnel management, organizational behavior, recruitment strategies, training methodologies, and employment law, making them well-prepared to navigate the dynamic and evolving HR landscape. Graduates can leverage their knowledge and expertise to contribute significantly to the success of organizations by attracting and retaining top talent, fostering employee engagement, and ensuring compliance with labor regulations.
Listed below are the potential professional paths available for students to pursue in the field of Human Resource:
- Human Resource Manager
- Talent Acquisition Manager
- Training and Development Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- HR Generalist
- HR Consultant
- HR Director
In recent years, the placement scenario for students pursuing a BBA in Human Resource has greatly improved. Numerous prestigious companies, including Nykaa, Reliance Industries, Infosys, HDFC Bank, Adani IBM, Larsen & Turbo, TCS, Accenture, Spicejet, Genpact, Vedanta, Maruti Suzuki, Lead Squared, KPMG, Xiaomi, TATA Croma, Odex, Transystem, Amazon Industries, and others, provide attractive employment opportunities for these students. Furthermore, several medium-sized start-ups are eager to recruit graduates with a BBA in Human Resources. The salary offered to candidates is based on their skills, knowledge, and exposure.
Click here for detailed Fee Structure.
Interested students must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements for BBA in Human Resource: They should have achieved a minimum of 50% marks in both Classes X and XII.
UPES utilizes the performance of individuals in the Entrance Exam (UPESMET-UG) / UGAT’23/ CUET as the basis for selecting students interested in pursuing BBA in Human Resource.