MBA Power Management - POWER BUSINESS AND REGULATIONS
The MBA in Power Management (Power Business & Regulations) program offered by UPES is designed to equip graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in leadership roles within the power and renewable energy sectors. The curriculum encompasses a strong foundation in core business disciplines, complemented by specialized expertise in power and renewable energy areas. The program aims to develop aspiring professionals' leadership, strategy, and decision-making abilities specifically tailored for the power and renewable energy industry. Students are trained to analyze both the Indian and global power scenarios, enabling them to develop optimization strategies and project-specific marketing and financial plans by effectively utilizing organizational resources. Additionally, the course places significant emphasis on the renewable sector and various technologies, ensuring that students are well-prepared to tackle current market trends and norms.
The field of MBA in Power Management is experiencing rapid growth, and pursuing this program at UPES provides students with valuable knowledge and skills required to thrive in the Power and Renewable energy industry. The full-time MBA Power Management program at UPES offers a comprehensive learning experience. Spanning over two years, the course includes summer internships, live projects with companies, industrial tours, dissertations (major projects), and sessions conducted by industry experts from India and abroad. The program's curriculum has been meticulously developed with inputs and feedback from experts and alumni who hold positions in renowned organizations such as Accenture, Cognizant, Ernst & Young, PWC, Tata Power, Adani Power, Crisil, and Sterlite Energy, among others.
The Power Business and Regulation specialization offered within the MBA in Power Management program focuses on efficient management of power and energy resources. Students will delve into subjects such as power systems, power regulations, financing power projects, energy conservation, and energy policy. They will also gain a comprehensive understanding of the challenges confronting the energy industry, including climate change and the rising energy demands. Furthermore, students will be trained to utilize data effectively in making business decisions. The program includes topics such as data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning, data visualization, and leveraging data to solve business problems. This specialization equips students with a holistic skill set to navigate the complexities of the power and renewable energy sectors, allowing them to make strategic and informed decisions in a rapidly evolving business landscape.
- Students undertake a major project and gain practical experience through summer internships and live projects with companies, enabling them to apply their learning in real-world scenarios.
- The program is designed to provide flexibility for students to choose career paths in manufacturing, service-side businesses, or consulting, ensuring they have multiple options to explore upon graduation.
- The MBA in Power Management (Power Business & Regulations) program encourages student and faculty exchange, research projects, seminars, conferences, and internships, fostering a collaborative learning environment and exposure to global perspectives.
- Students are exposed to real-world case studies, industry visits, and guest lectures by industry experts, enhancing their understanding of the power management sector and its practical challenges.
- The curriculum includes training on various software and technology tools relevant to the field, such as advanced Excel, SPSS, Python, TEMOA, PyPsa, and analytics tools like R-studio, equipping students with valuable technical skills.
- The management school at UPES provides state-of-the-art facilities, including smart classrooms, an Analytics Lab, a well-stocked library, and advanced analytical tools. Additionally, students have the opportunity to participate in student exchange, study abroad, and semester exchange programs with leading global partner management institutes affiliated with UPES worldwide.
Future Scope / Industry Trends
The future scope of the MBA in Power Management (Power Business & Regulations) program is promising and offers various opportunities in the power and green energy industries. The program prepares students for mid and senior management roles in power consulting, financing, business development, analyst, and research. There is a significant shortage of power professionals who can effectively manage the power and green energy business, creating a demand for skilled individuals in the field. The program emphasizes hands-on learning through internships and on-the-job training, allowing students to apply their classroom knowledge to real-world situations and gain a competitive edge in the job market. The curriculum covers industry practices, challenges, and emerging trends such as hydrogen, energy storage, battery storage, electric vehicles, carbon trading, and digitalization. Students also gain exposure to software and technology like Python, R-Studio, TEMOA, and PyPSA, enhancing their employability. With India's ambitious target of 500 GW of installed renewable energy by 2030 and the increasing global growth of the green energy segment, there is a rising demand for specialized energy analysts in power management. The future looks bright and prospective for graduates in Power Management, especially with the focus on green revolution and the production of green hydrogen.
Completing an MBA in Power Management (Power Business & Regulations) program offered by UPES School of Business opens up a world of promising career opportunities in the dynamic energy sector. Graduates of this program are equipped with a comprehensive understanding of the power industry's intricate business dynamics and regulatory frameworks. With this specialized knowledge, they can pursue diverse roles such as power plant managers, energy consultants, project managers, regulatory analysts, and business development managers in renowned power generation companies, consulting firms, government organizations, and regulatory bodies. The program's emphasis on sustainable practices and renewable energy sources further enhances graduates' prospects in emerging sectors like green energy, enabling them to contribute effectively to the global transition towards a more sustainable and efficient power ecosystem.
Listed below are the potential professional paths in the field of Power Management that the students can pursue.
- Power and Green Energy Regulatory & Financial Consultant
- Power and Green Energy Regulatory & Financial Analyst
- ESG Specialist
- Power and Carbon Trading Expert
- Energy Efficiency Consultant
- Fuel Procurement Analyst
- Green Energy Project Manager
- Sustainability Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Energy Storage & E-vehicle Expert
- Procurement Manager
The placement prospects for MBA in Power Management (Power business and regulations) students have significantly improved in recent years. Renowned companies such as Accenture Strategy and Consulting, Accenture Technology, Infosys, Wipro, CRISIL, Ernst and Young, PWC, Deloitte, ABPS Infra advisory, Mercados Energy, Adani Power, BCG, and others present attractive employment opportunities for these students. Furthermore, numerous mid-sized start-ups exhibit a strong interest in hiring postgraduates specializing in MBA in Power Management. Freshers in this field can expect starting salaries ranging from INR 6 to 30 lakh per annum. The offered salary is contingent on the candidate's skills, knowledge, and exposure.
Click here for detailed Fee Structure.
The minimum eligibility criteria for MBA in Power Management (Power Business & Regulations) to be fulfilled by interested students is as follows: Minimum 50% marks in Class X, XII and Graduation. Graduation From a recognized University in any stream
The process of selection criteria for students interested in pursuing MBA in Power Management (Power Business & Regulations) offered by UPES is based on the individual's performance in UPESMET / National Level Exams/ CUET followed by Personal Interview.