MBA Power Management - GREEN ENERGY AND TRANSITION TO SUSTAINABILITY
The MBA in Power Management (Green Energy & Transition to Sustainability) program offered by UPES is designed to equip graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in leadership roles in the power and renewable energy sectors. The curriculum provides a strong foundation in core business disciplines while also focusing on specialized areas such as power and renewable energy. The program emphasizes leadership, strategy, and decision-making skills, preparing students for the challenges of the evolving power industry. Students in this program will develop a deep understanding of the Indian and global power scenario, enabling them to analyze and optimize strategies for power projects. They will also gain expertise in project-specific marketing and financial planning, utilizing organizational resources efficiently. The program places significant emphasis on the renewable sector and various technologies, ensuring that students are equipped to face current market trends and norms.
The MBA in Power Management program at UPES offers a comprehensive learning experience. Throughout the two-year course, students will engage in practical training, including summer internships, live projects with companies, industrial tours, and a major project. They will also benefit from sessions delivered by industry experts from India and abroad. The curriculum structure has been developed in collaboration with experts and alumni working in renowned companies such as Accenture, Cognizant, Ernst & Young, PWC, Tata Power, Adani Power, Crisil, and Sterlite Energy.
The specialization in Green Energy and Transition to Sustainability focuses on sustainable business practices and the role of businesses in addressing environmental challenges. Students will explore sustainability frameworks, corporate social responsibility, and sustainable development. They will also gain insights into the latest trends and practices in sustainable business. The specialization covers various aspects of the green energy sector, including solar, wind, hydrogen energy, energy storage and batteries, electric vehicles, and green highways. It encompasses both commercial and technical aspects, as well as regulatory considerations.
- Students undertake a major project (dissertation) and gain hands-on experience through summer internships and live projects with companies, providing practical exposure and industry insights.
- The MBA in Power Management (Green Energy & Transition to Sustainability) program offers flexibility, enabling students to pursue careers in manufacturing, service sectors, or consulting, allowing them to explore various avenues within the power management industry.
- The program promotes student and faculty exchange, research projects, seminars, conferences, and internships, fostering a collaborative learning environment and global exposure.
- Students engage with real-world case studies, industry visits, and guest lectures from industry experts, facilitating the application of theoretical knowledge to real-life scenarios and industry practices.
- Students gain proficiency in a range of software and technologies, including advanced Excel, SPSS, Python, TEMOA, PyPsa, and analytics tools like R-studio, equipping them with essential skills for data analysis and decision-making in the power management field.
- The management school at UPES provides state-of-the-art facilities, including modern smart classrooms, a well-equipped Analytics Lab, a well-stocked library, and advanced analytical tools, creating a conducive learning environment for students to excel.
Future Scope / Industry Trends
The future scope of the MBA in Power Management (Green Energy & Transition to Sustainability) program is promising. This program prepares students for mid and senior management roles in power consulting, financing, business development, analysis, research, and other related areas in the power and green energy industries, both in India and globally. There is a significant shortage of power professionals who can effectively manage the power and green energy business, creating a demand for skilled graduates in this field. The program emphasizes hands-on learning, offering internships and on-the-job training to provide practical experience and a competitive edge in the job market. The curriculum covers new trends in the energy sector, including hydrogen, energy storage, battery storage, electric vehicles, carbon trading, and digitalization. Students also gain exposure to software and technologies such as Python, R-Studio, TEMOA, and PyPSA, enhancing their employability. India's ambitious target of 500 GW of installed renewable energy by 2030, along with the growth of the green energy sector worldwide and the application of digital innovations in the power industry, further contribute to the increasing demand for specialized energy analysts in power management. With India's focus on producing green hydrogen and the projected growth in electrolyser manufacturing capacity, the future for graduates in Power Management looks bright and promising.
Graduates of the MBA program in Power Management (Green Energy & Transition to Sustainability) offered by the School of Business at UPES can embark on a wide range of rewarding career paths. This program opens doors to diverse opportunities, enabling students to engage with renowned companies and acquire valuable insights into corporate practices via summer internships, live projects, and placements. Through this program, students can delve into their specific career aspirations, establish partnerships with prospective employers, and potentially secure promising job prospects.
Listed below are the professional paths that students can pursue in the field of Power Management.
- Power & Green Energy Regulatory and Financial Consultant
- Power & Green Energy Analyst
- ESG Specialist
- Power & Carbon Trading Expert
- Energy Efficiency Consultant
- Fuel Procurement Analyst
- Green Energy Project Manager
- Sustainability Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Energy Storage & E-vehicle Expert
- Procurement Manager
The placement scenario for students pursuing an MBA in Power Management (Green Energy & Transition to Sustainability) has witnessed significant improvement in recent years. Renowned companies such as Accenture Strategy and Consulting, Accenture Technology, Infosys, Wipro, CRISIL, Ernst and Young, PWC, Deloitte, ABPS Infra advisory, Mercados Energy, Adani Power, BCG, and others present attractive employment opportunities for these students. In addition, numerous mid-sized start-ups express a keen interest in hiring graduates of the MBA in Power Management program. Freshers in this field can expect a starting salary ranging from INR 6 to 30 lakh per annum, depending on their skills, knowledge, and exposure.
Click here for detailed Fee Structure.
Interested students must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria to pursue an MBA in Power Management (Green Energy & Transition to Sustainability) with a focus on Green Energy and Transition to Sustainability: Minimum 50% marks in Class X, XII and Graduation. Graduation From a recognized University in any stream.
The process of selection criteria for students interested in pursuing MBA in Power Management (Green Energy & Transition to Sustainability) offered by UPES is based on the individual's performance in UPESMET / National Level Exams/ CUET followed by Personal Interview.