Dr. Hiranmoy Roy
Sr. Associate Professor
- M.A. (Economics), Assam (Central) University, Silchar, Assam - 1996
- PhD (Economics), Assam (Central) University, Silchar, Assam - 2006
- UGC – NET - UGC - 1999
He is a visiting faculty to the Institute of Technology Management (ITM) under DRDO, Mussorie, IIM Kashipur, HNB Garhwal University, Doon University, and Banaras Hindu University etc. He is also a regular visitor to the most prestigious colleges of Delhi University and Calcutta University. He also took sessions in executive programmes of IOCL, Hero Motors, Mahindra and Mahindra and Government of Uttarakhand employees etc. He has also taken sessions in distance education (Centre for Continuing Education, UPES) and executive programmes of UPES for the last 10 years. He has attended industry attachment programmes with Power Trading Corporation of India (PTC), Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC), POSOCO and Power Grid. He has completed several research projects sanctioned by UGC, NITI Aayog, World Bank, UCO Bank, Government of Uttarakhand etc. He is a prolific writer, he writes articles in News Dailies and Magazines on Economics and Business Issues.
He has published 40 research papers in reputed journals like ABDC, Scopus, UGC and other peer-reviewed journals. Published 30 papers in edited volumes. He has also published five books with reputed publishers. He is a regular speaker on economic issues at various forums and presented fifty research papers at international and national conferences. He has also guided six PhD scholars who are very successful mid-level and senior managers in the industry in India and abroad.
Honours and Achievements:
- Honoured by World Bank for academic contribution
- Economic Development, Energy Economics, Power Sector, Econometric Modelling
- Published a paper “The empirical relationship between carbon emission and energy use of BRICS nations”, Journal of Public Affairs (Impact Factor – 0.860), DOI: 10.1002/pa.2154, on May 2020, PP – 1-6, Vo. 21, Issue.1, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/pa.2154, ABDC – B. ISSN:1479-1854.
- Published our paper 'Health Care Service Quality: A Journey So Far' in Benchmarking: An International Journal, Emerald, https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/BIJ-03-2019-0140/full/html, ISSN: 1463-5771, ABDC – B/ Scopus, Impact Factor – 1.04, July 08s, 2020, Vol 27, Issue 06, PP- 1893-1927
- Published our paper “Challenges and Solution for Renewable Energy (RE) Development in Uttarakhand” for publication in Int. J. of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies – Scopus / ABDC – C, https://www.inderscienceonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1504/IJEPEE.2021.118990, Vol. 14, No – 5-6, 9 Nov 2021, pp 487-50, ISSN: 1752-0460
- Published our paper, “Foreign Institutional Investors: Fair-Weather Friends or Smart Traders?”( Hari Venkatesh, Jyoti Kumari, Gourishankar S. Hiremath, Hiranmoy Roy) in Journal of Quantitative Economics, 19(2), PP. 291-316, DOI 10.1007/s40953-021-00233-3, Springer, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40953-021-00233-3, PP. 291–316 (2021)
- Published our paper, “Does HDIs level sustainable during 1999/2018 across cross-nations? An application of bootstrap quantile regression approach” (Anju Goswami, H.Roy and Prashant. Giri), Sustainable Operations and Computers 2 (2021) 127–138, Elsevier. DoI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.susoc.2021.06.001, ISSN: 2666-4127
- Published our paper, “Challenges and Solution for Renewable Energy (RE) Development in Uttarakhand, India “in the edited volume “Climate Resilience and Environmental Sustainability Approaches” edited by Anubha Kaushik, C. P. Kaushik and S. D. Attri, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-0902-2, eBook ISBN 978-981-16-0902-2, Springer Nature, Malaysia, 2021
- Published our paper, Development and validation of a scale for measuring hospital service quality: a dyadic approach, Journal of Health Research, Emerald, Scopus, DOI: 10.1108/JHR-08-2020-0329, March 2021, ISSN: 2586-940X
- Published our paper, How Does Innovation Affect Economic Growth? Evidence from G20 Countries in Indian Economic Journal, 9th December 2021, Sage, PP- 01-14, https://doi.org/10.1177/00194662211063562, ISSN – 00194662
- Energy Economics and the Environment: Conservation, Preservation and Sustainability, (EDs) Sage Publication, 29th July 2020, ISBN – 978-93-5388-310-2
- Life Member of the Econometric Society of India (TIES)
- Received Prestigious UGC – Fellowship for pursuing a PhD.