Dr. Hiranmoy Roy
Sr. Associate Professor
B.A. (Economics), Cachar College, Silchar, Assam
M.A. (Economics), Assam (Central) University, Silchar, Assam
Ph.D. (Economics), Assam (Central) University, Silchar, Assam
Area of Specialization
International Business, Energy Economics and Power Sector, Econometrics, Development Economics
Research & Publications:
- Published a paper, “Energy Consumption and Human Development: Global Perspective “in the International Journal of Economics and Policy of Energy and Environment, 1/2015, ISSN - 22807659, Published by Franco Angeli, Italy.
- Published a paper Convergence of Human Development across Indian States, IGIDR Proceedings/Project Reports Series, PP-062-22 (http://www.igidr.ac.in/pdf/publication/PP-062-22.pdf)
- Published a book Energy Consumption and Human Development: Scenario 2025, Lap Lambert,Germany, April, 2013, ISBN- 978-3-659-37851-5
- Published a book International Business: Theory and Practice, Lap Lambert, Germany, June, 2014, ISBN- 978-3-659-55343-1
- Published a book Human Development: Trade and Energy Context, Serials Publication, New Delhi, 2016, ISBN: 978-81-8387-627-8
- Presented a Paper: An Empirical Analysis on the impact of International crude oil price shocks on India’s Demand for Crude Oil, in the 52nd Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), on January 4-6, 2016 in IIM Kozhikode
- Presented a Paper Energy consumption and Human Development: Global and Indian Perspective in 2nd International Conference on Applied Economics and Business, held on 28-29th July, 2016 in Mata Vaishno Devi University, Jammu
- Presented a paper “Factors Affecting Energy Demand (Oil, Gas, Coal and Power): An Indian Perspective” in the International Conference on Energy and Infrastructure, January 11-12, 2014, in School of Petroleum Management, PDPU, Gandhinagar.
- Presented Paper “Foreign Direct Investment, Exports and Economic Activity of India: A Long term Empirical Analysis” in International Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance in IIFT, Kolkata held on 10th – 11th January, 2013
- Presented Paper, “Midterm Monetary Policy Review: Role of Expectation in Indian Economy” in International Conference on Computational and Financial Econometrics (CFE- 2012) in IIT KGP, 27-29 December, 2012.