Dr. Mohammad Younus Bhatt
Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)
PhD (Environmental Economics), Jamia Millia Islamia, 2017.
MA (Economics), Aligarh Muslim University, 2012.
BA (Economics), University of Kashmir, 2010
Mohammad Younus Bhat is currently working as senior Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics and International Business, School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies. Prior to this, he was associated with Jamia Millia Islamia and Amity University. He has been engaged in teaching and research since last six years. He did his PhD in Environmental Economics from Jamia Millia Islamia. His area of research is Environmental Economics, Green Economics and Energy Economics. He has published his work in many national and international journals. He has participated in various national and international conferences and workshops on energy economics, environment and natural resource economics within and outside India. He has also authored one book on energy economics and environment which is published by Sage-USA, UK and India. He has completed two research projects under GoUK as principal/co- principal investigator. He also received IMPRESS grant from Ministry of Human Resource Development, GoI in 2018-19 to evaluate economic benefits of preserving Himalayan Biodiversity
- Choice Modelling, Economic valuation of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services; Climate Change-Economic Growth-Energy Consumption Nexus, Energy & Water Vulnerability in the Indian Himalayas.
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2022). Renewable energy and transitioning towards sustainable tourism: Inferences from kernel density and nonparametric approach, Renewable Energy, Volume 193, Pages 963-975. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2022.04.132.
- Mohammad Younus Bhat. (2022). Willingness to Pay for Improved Solid Waste Management: A Case Study of Srinagar Municipal Corporation. Int. J. of Environment and Waste Management. (Accepted for publication on 12-04-2022)
- Mohammad Younus Bhat. (2022). Global electric vehicle adoption: implementation and policy implications for India. Environmental Science and Pollution. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-18211-w
- Mohammad Younus Bhat. (2022). Domino-effect of energy consumption and economic growth on environmental quality: role of green energy in G20 countries. Management of Environmental Quality. https://doi.org/10.1108/MEQ-08-2021-0194
- Mohammad Younus Bhat. (2022). Does Biofuel Consumption Improve Environmental Quality? An Econometric Analysis. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13762-022-03992-5
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2021). “Exploring environment-energy-growth nexus in OECD countries: a nonparametric approach”. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13399-021-01835-w
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2021). “Willingness to pay for Biodiversity Conservation in Dachigam National Park, India”. Journal for Nature Conservation. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnc.2021.126022
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2021) “Does Workplace Issues Influence Women Career Progression? A Case of Indian Airline Industry”. Research in Transportation Business and Management. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rtbm.2021.100699
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2021). Realigning India’s Vietnam Policy Through Cooperative Sustainable Development: A Geostrategic Counterbalancing to China in Indo-Pacific. East Asia. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12140-021-09371-0
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2021) “Assessment of energy vulnerability in urban crowded space of Indian Himalaya” Environmental Science and Pollution Research. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-15408-x
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2021) “Challenges and solution for renewable energy (RE) Development in Uttarakhand” International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies.
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2021) “Economic growth and club convergence: Is there a neighbour's effect?” International Journal of Finance and Economics, 1-20. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijfe.2545
- Mohammad Younus Bhat (2021) “Is geopolitics a threat for offshore wind energy? A case of Indian Ocean Region”. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-12779-z
- Awarded fellowship during PhD by University Grants Commission;
- Received academic excellence award by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir