Dr. Patanjal Kumar
Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)
- PhD, Indian Institute of Management Rohtak, 2021
- M.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2013
- B.Tech., Indian Institute of Carpet Technology Bhadohi (U.P.), 2011
Dr Patanjal Kumar is a Senior Assistant Professor in the School of Business, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Kandoli Campus, Dehradun. Dr Kumar is also an Editor of Optimal Envelope, Associate Editor of the International Journal of Mathematical, Engineering and Management Sciences (IJMEMS) and Vice President of IEOM (Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Society International) New Delhi Chapter, India. Dr Kumar has completed his doctoral degree in the area of Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques from the Indian Institute of Management Rohtak. Dr Kumar has a master's degree in technology from the Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi, India. Dr Kumar has secured India's 4th, 14th, and 19th rank in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in the years 2010, 2013, and 2015 respectively. He has completed a bachelor of technology with honours. Dr Kumar is the recipient of many outstanding awards such as the Outstanding Teaching Excellence in SCM Award (IEOM Society International), the best research paper award (AGBA Society), and the best performer award (Bhartiye Kalyan Samiti, Varanasi, UP, India). He has also received a silver medal in Textile Technology from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow (U.P.). Dr. Kumar has taught at IIM Rohtak, The Northcap University Gurugram, VESIM Mumbai, and GLA University Mathura (India). Dr Kumar has worked in the textile industry (Product Development Cell, Auro Textiles, Vardhman Textile Limited), and the nature of his job was product and process development, root cause analysis, troubleshooting, fabric defect analysis, lab and bulk trial of new chemicals and finishes. Dr Kumar has published in leading journals such as Transportation Research Part E, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Business Strategy and the Environment, Applied Economics, American Business Review, Operations Management Research, Journal of Public Affairs, and so forth. He has presented his research work at various leading conferences such as INFORMS, IMRDC IIM Bangalore, COMAR IISc Bangalore, PAN IIM, PAN IIT, SOM, and so forth. He has also worked on defence, policing, and public policy projects. He is currently working in the area of Sustainable Supply Chain, Supply Chain Coordination, Game Theory, Optimization, Circular Economy, Digital Supply Chain, Industry 4.0, and Behavioral Operations Management.
- Sustainable Supply Chain, Supply Chain Coordination, Game Theory, Optimization, Circular Economy, Digital Supply Chain, Industry 4.0, and Behavioral Operations Management
- Kumar, P., Sharma, D., & Pandey, P. (2022). Industry 4.0 (I4.0) Based Virtual Organization Model for the Coordination of Sustainable Textile Supply Chain. American Business Review. (ABDC: A Category, Forthcoming)
- Kumar, P., Sharma, D., & Pandey, P. (2022). Coordination Mechanisms for Digital and Sustainable Textile Supply Chain. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management. 10.1108/IJPPM-11-2020-0615 (ABDC: B Category)
- Kazancoglu, I., Ozbiltekin-Pala, M., Kazancoglu, Y., & Kumar, P. (2022). Food waste management in the retail sector: challenges that hinder the transition to a circular economy. Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 1-12.
- Dixit, A., Kumar, P., & Jakhar, S. K. (2022). Effectiveness of carbon tax and congestion cost in improving the airline industry greening level and welfare: A case of two competing airlines. Journal of Air Transport Management, 100, 102182. (ABDC: B Category)
- Kumar, P., Baraiya, R., Das, D., Jakhar, S. K., Xu, L., & Mangla, S. K. (2021). Social responsibility and cost-learning in dyadic supply chain coordination. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 156, 102549. (ABDC: A* Category)
- Kumar, P., Sharma, D. and Pandey, P. (2021), "Three-echelon apparel supply chain coordination with triple bottom line approach", International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJQRM-04-2021-0101 (ABDC: B Category)
- Kumar, P., Jakhar, S. K., & Bhattacharya, A. (2021). Two‐period supply chain coordination strategies with ambidextrous sustainable innovations. Business Strategy and the Environment. (ABDC: A Category)
- Dixit, A., Jakhar, S. K., & Kumar, P. (2021). Does Lean and Sustainability Manufacturing Leads to Industry 4.0 Adoption: The Mediating Role of Ambidextrous Innovation Capabilities. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2021.121328 (ABDC: A Category)
- Sharma, D., Pandey, S. K., Kumar, P., & Mishra, M. (2021). Antecedents of public confidence in police in a conflict zone: A multi‐stakeholder view. Journal of Public Affairs, e2609. (ABDC: B Category)
- Sharma, D., Ahalawat, S., Patro, A., & Kumar, P. (2021). Spot Market and Derivative Segment of Equity in India. Applied Economics. (ABDC: A Category)
- Das, D., Dutta, A., Kumar, P., Kazancoglu, Y., & Ram, M. (2021). Building Supply Chain Resilience in the era of COVID-19: An AHP-DEMATEL approach. Operations Management Research. (ABDC: C Category)
- Das, D., Shriwastawa, A. K., Kumar, P. & Baraiya, R. (2021). Critical Success Factors for Manufacturing Industries to Mitigate the Impact of COVID-19. The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 57(1), 13-31. (ABDC: C Category)
- Dixit, A., Kumar, P., & Jakhar, S. (2021). Airport-Airline Coordination with Economic, Environmental and Social Considerations. arXiv preprint arXiv:2110.11694.
- Das, D., Datta, A., & Kumar, P. (2020). Exit Strategies for COVID 19: An ISM and MICMAC approach. Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management, 15(3), 94-109. https://doi.org/10.24083/apjhm.v15i3.423 (ABDC: C Category)
- Dwivedi, G., Tripathi, M., & Kumar, P. (2019). Sustainable Supply Chain Coordination Model based on Blockchain and Smart Contracts. Empirical Economics Letters, 18(2). (ABDC: C Category)
- Sharma, D. P., Srivastava, P. R., Panigrahi, R., Kumar, P., & Joshi, S. (2019). A Multi-Criteria Decision Making Approach for ranking Business Schools. International Journal of StrategicDecision Sciences (IJSDS), 10(3), 33-56. (ABDC: B Category 2016 List)
- Kumar, P., & Pandey, P. (2019). Mini-Marathon 2017: An Application of Newsvendor Model. Event Management, 23(1), 165-173. (ABDC: A Category)
- Das, Debashree and Kumar, Patanjal. “Supply Channel Coordination Model with Fairness Norms: Experimental Evidence from Ultimatum Game” AGBA Conference 2019 held during July 02-04, 2019 at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Kumar, Patanjal; Dwivedi, Gaurav and Pandey, Peeyush. “Green and socially responsible supply chain coordination in the three-echelon supply chain.” 2019 IMR Doctoral Conference (IMRDC) held during January 3-5, 2019 at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
- Kumar, Patanjal; Dwivedi, Gaurav and Pandey, Peeyush. “Mechanism design using virtual organization to coordinate the sustainable supply chain.” 6th PAN IIM World Conference 2018 was held during December 13-15, 2018 at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
- Kumar, Patanjal; Pandey, Peeyush and Dwivedi, Gaurav. “Designing industry 4.0 based sustainable supply channel coordination model under fairness concern: A game-theoretic approach.” 1st PAN IIT International Management Conference 2018 held during November 30-December 2, 2018 at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- Kumar, Patanjal; Pandey, Peeyush and Dwivedi, Gaurav. “Impact of virtual organization in sustainable supply chain management.” Presented in INFORMS Annual Meeting held during November 4-7, 2018 at Phoenix USA.
- Kumar, Patanjal and Pandey, Peeyush. “Integrating green and social innovation in the apparel supply chain using coordination with contracts.” Functional Textiles & Clothing Conference held during February 9-11, 2018 Delhi.
- Kumar, Patanjal and Eachempati, Prajwal. “Integrated Multi-Criteria Approach to Prioritize Stakeholders for Sustainable Development in India.” 5th PAN IIM World Conference held during December 14-16, 2017 at IIM Lucknow.
- Kumar, Patanjal. and Pandey, P. “Green and socially responsible supply chain coordination using revenue sharing and wholesale contracts in the three-echelon system.” 17th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) held during November 20-21, 2017 at IISc, Bangalore.
- Kumar, Patanjal, and Shirsendu Nandi. "A literature review on different models and solution approaches in sustainable supply chain management." 20th Society of Operations Management Conference held during December 18-20, 2016 at IIITM Gwalior.
Honours and Achievements:
- The Teaching Excellence Award in SCM in The First Indian Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management by IEOM Society International, the U.S.A. on August 18, 2021
- The Best Research Paper Award in Academy for Global Business Advancement 16th Annual World Congress, Place: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi; Date: 2 -4 July 2019
- Travel Grant, IMR Doctoral Conference, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
- Doctoral Program Scholarship, IIM Rohtak, 2015-2020
- All India Rank: 19 in GATE 2015
- All India Rank: 14 in GATE 2013
- All India Rank: 04 in GATE 2010
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India Scholarship 2011-2013
- Silver medal for excellent performance in Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, Place: Institute of Engineering and Technology, UPTU, Lucknow; Date: 28 December 2011
- Excellence award by Bhartiya Kalyan Samiti, Varanasi, India, Place: Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi; Date: March 2010
- Operational Research Society of India Membership: Membership number 2172/P/22/MO
- International Association of Engineers: Membership number 301622