Dr. Sourabh Kumar
Assistant Professor – Senior Scale
PhD (Department of Management), Indian Institute of Technology, India
M.Tech (Industrial and Production), National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
M.Phil. in Development Studies, University of Calcutta, India – 2014
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), UPTU Lucknow, India
- Assistant Professor- Senior Scale, School of Business, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Dehradun from March, 2022- till date.
- Assistant Professor, Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET) Meerut, Uttar Pradesh from Jan 2017- Dec 2017.
- Assistant Professor, Meerut Institute of Technology (MIT), Meerut, Uttar Pradesh from July 2014 – Dec 2016.
- Sourabh Kumar, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2022). A modeling framework of green practices to explore their interrelations as a conduit to policy. Journal of Cleaner Production, 335, 130301. (ABDC- A, ABS-2, SCI Q1, Impact Factor -9.297)
- Sourabh Kumar, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2022). A modeling framework and analysis of challenges faced by the Indian petroleum supply chain. Energy, 239, 122299. (ABDC-A, ABS-3, SCI Q1, Impact Factor-7.147)
- Sourabh Kumar, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2021). Exploring and measure the performance of the Indian petroleum supply chain. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 2021 (CS- 3.8, ABDC- B, ABS-1, ESCI Q2)
- Sourabh Kumar, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2021). Sustainability of operation through disruptive technologies in the petroleum supply chain. Benchmarking: an International Journal, 2021. (CS-6.1, ABDC- B, ABS-1, ESCI, Q2)
- Sourabh Kumar, and Dinesh Khanduja (2021). Cost of poor-quality reduction in the auto sector: an exploration with Six-Sigma. International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, 13 (1-3), 271-288. (ABDC-C, ESCI)
- An integrated approach of energy security: A modeling framework for energy independent policy evaluation.
- Prospects and challenges for green hydrogen production and utilization in the India.
- Assessing risks in pipeline construction: a case of Himalayan region.
PEER-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Sourabh Kumar, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2019). Green supply chain management in Indian Petroleum Industry: R programming approach. Society of Operations Management, IIT Kanpur, December 2019.
- Sourabh Kumar, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2018). Challenges faced by the distributors under the scheme Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in north India. Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management, IIM Lucknow, December 2018.
- Sourabh Kumar, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2018). List of challenges in supply chain management in the Indian Petroleum Industries. PANIITIMC-18, IIT Roorkee, November, 2018.
- Sourabh Kumar, and Dinesh Khanduja (2014). A Project Selection Approach in Six-Sigma Analysis. Advances in Manufacturing and Materials Engineering, NIT Suratkal, March, 2014.
- Sourabh Kumar, and Dinesh Khanduja (2021). Cost of Poor-Quality Reduction in Automobile Sector: An Exploration with Six-Sigma. Recent Advances in Manufacturing, SVNIT Surat, June 2014.
- Sourabh Kumar,, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2021). Green Supply Chain Management in the Indian Petroleum Industry Using AHP-VIKOR Approaches. Emerging Frontiers in Operations and Supply Chain Management, Springer, 181-200.
- Khandelwal, Chitranshu, Kumar, Sourabh, and Mukesh Kumar Barua (2021). Drivers of industry 4.0 in a circular economy initiative in the context of emerging market. Operations Management and Data Analytics Modelling: An Economic Crises Perspective, CRC Press, 135-148.
Research interests :
- Supply Chain Management: Performance measurement, Risk analysis, Demand planning, Transportation management, Blockchain adoption.
- Green Transition Applications in the Petroleum Industry: Risk assessment, Safety assessment, Low-carbon operations, Predicting oil and gas consumption.
- Energy Management: Energy security, Energy zero emission policies, Efficient and sustainable energy management, Alternative transportation fuel.
- Green Hydrogen: Operational issues.
- Six-Sigma: Business and operational Excellence.
Member of Production and Operations Management Society (POMS)
Honours and Achievements:
- MHRD Assistantship fully funded by Government of India for doing Ph.D. from Department of Management Studies, I.I.T. Roorkee, India.
- MHRD Assistantship fully funded by Government of India for doing M.Tech from Department of Mechanical Engineering, form NIT Kurukshetra, India.