Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
PhD (Public Policy and Strategy), 2022 ,Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Researcher 2018-19
London School of Economics and Political Science, MSc in Public Policy and Administration , 2014, LSE-India Scholarship 2013-14
Panjab University, Master of Business Administration (major in Finance), 2010
S. S. College of Business Studies (University of Delhi), Bachelor of Business Studies, 2007
Area of Specialization:
Public policy, public management, policy advice, Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in infrastructure sector, financial regulation, regulation of infrastructure sector, innovative public finance, international relations etc.
- Assistant Professor, School of Business & School for Life, UPES- June 2021 – Present
- Project Investigator (Seed Grant 2022): Energy Transition with Students as Stakeholders: Comparative Public Policies for Uttarakhand and Massachusetts; 2) Co-PI in two other Projects
- Founder, Public Policy Group
- Teaching courses on public policy, political science and ethical leadership to both undergraduate and graduate students
- Fellow, CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition - May 2017-Feb 2018
- Co-led and co-authored study for the Asian Development Bank
- Policy Adviser, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry - May-July 2016
- Policy Consultant, Centre for Budget and Governance Accountability (CBGA) - Feb-July 2016
- Policy Consultant, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy - Feb 2015-Jan 2016
- Young Professional, Planning Commission of India, Government of India (GoI)- Jan 2012-Sep 2013
- Financial Analyst, Foreign Investment Promotion Board, Ministry of Finance (GoI) - Nov 2010-Dec 2011
Recent Publications, including working papers, reports and articles:
- ‘Dealing with Wicked Problems in Rural Electrification through equitable policies in Developing countries’ Session on Effective and Equitable Public Policy and Service Delivery in an Era of Growing Inequality, 9th Fred Riggs Symposium, 2022.
- ‘Chapter on India’s Policy Resilience and Economic Reforms’ with editorial inputs, 116th Yearbook – Resilient India, PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 2021.
- ‘System Dynamics Modeling for grid-interconnected business model for rural electrification in India’, 38th International System Dynamics Conference, System Dynamics Society, 2020.
- ‘Interconnected mini-grids for augmenting electrification efforts in India: Business Plan for future and policy recommendations’, Working Paper, UEA-Massachusetts Institute of Technology-IIT Comillas; 2019.
- 'Analysis of Select Social Sector Public-Private Partnership Projects in India', Asian Development Bank, 2018.
- ‘Public Policies and Investments for the Welfare of Children in Urban Poverty in India’, CBGA and Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2017.
- Rail Budget 2016: Prabhu signals shifting focus to customers’, staff', www.firstpost.com, 2016.
- 'Connecting the Dots: An Analysis of Union Budget 2016-17', CBGA, 2016.
- ‘Report of the Task Force on Financial Redress Agency’, Ministry of Finance, GoI, 2016.
- ‘Public-Private Partnership and Fiscal Rules in India’, Young Scholar’s Conference on Government Finance and Public Policy Issues, CBGA, 2016.
- 'Regulatory Control of Foreign Direct Investment - A Case of Pharmaceutical Sector in India', Journal of Governance and Public Policy, Volume 5, No. 1, January-June 2015; ISSN 2231-0924.
- Manu Sharma, Payal Dey and Gunwant Singh Saini, 'Silver and Global Equity Markets', The Journal of Private Equity, Spring 2014, Vol. 17, No. 2: pp. 18-22.
- Eldho Mathews, Biju A Chittuparamban, Sharvari Joshi, and Payal Dey, 'Engaging the Corporate Sector: Narayana Murthy Committee Recommendations and the Future of Indian Higher Education', Economic and Political Weekly, Vol - XLVIII No. 29, July 20, 2013.
Research & Publication:
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2017) Case-VODAFONE-IDEA MERGER: IDEATING FOR CONSOLIDATION(Case) with reference317-0166-1, published by The case centre (formerly European Case Clearing House (ECCH)), London
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2017), A book chapter "Sustainable business model for the state owned power distribution companies in India: Need of the hour" published in an ebook titled " Business Environment of Infrastructure Challenges and Way Forward" with an ISBN: 978-1-63535-614-4
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2016) Case- Volkswagen: Coaxing Hoax! ref no: 316-0388-1, published by The case centre (formerly European Case Clearing House (ECCH)), London
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2016), “Factors that affects Project Sucess in Oil and Gas Projects” in ebook with ISBN 978-194343889-1
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2015) Case- Bhushan Steel : A Tryst With Destiny with ref no: 315-323-1 / 8 , published by The case centre (formerly European Case Clearing House (ECCH)), London
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2015),“Technology Adoption in Newspaper Industry: A Strategic Thinking View”, in the International Conference on 'Advances in Management and Technology: Mapping Strengths with Opportunities' (ICAMT-2015) held at Motilal National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad on January 29-31,2015. Also published in book “Advances in Management and technology: Mapping Strength with Opportunity” Vol-II, published by The McGraw Hill Companies with ISBN: 978-93-392-2075-4.
- Geetika and Rajesh Tripathi. (2008), “ICT and Strategic Product Management: A case study of Newspaper Industry” in a book Critical Thinking in E-Governance, GIFT Publishing: New Delhi with ISBN : 8190629433, 9788190629430
- Geetika and Rajesh Tripathi. (2007), “Copyright Protection in India: Gap between the Act and Implementation” in the national workshop on intellectual Property held at the Motilal National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad on December 14-15, 2007.
- Geetika and Rajesh Tripathi. (2007), “E-Government Approach to Management of Intellectual Property in Indian Folklore” in a book (ed)Foundation of E-Government, GIFT Publishing: New Delhi with ISBN 8190339788, 9788190339780
- Delivered Talk on “Petroleum Sector : Opportunities and Challenges” at All India Radio, Dehradun, Uttrakhand September 7,2017
- Delivered Talk on “Opportunities in Media Industry”” at All India Radio, Nazibabad, Uttar Pradesh on 31 March,2017
- Delivered Talk on “Environment Protection: Our Duties” at All India Radio, Nazibabad, Uttar Pradesh on November 5,2014
- Conducted Hindu-Business Line-Cairns, India Lecture Session held at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun on 24 March,2014
- Delivered Invited Lecture on the topic: “Yellow Journalism in Black and White” at UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Role of Media in Nation Building” held at ISDC, University of Allahabad, on March 1-2, 2014
- Rajesh Tripathi (2017), "Still Distance matters: A study of CAGE Model with reference to Indian M&A", presented in an International Conference on "Sustaining Competitive Edge in Changing Global Scenario" organised Institute of Management Accountants, USA and Christ University, Bangalore on Feb 7-8, 2017
- Rajesh Tripathi (2016), “Do Indian companies shy away from Corporate Governance? A Critical Examination” presented at the India Finance Conference, jointly organised by IIM-A, IIM-B and IIM-C during December 19-21, 2016.
- Rajesh Tripathi (2016), "APCL: Compress Present to Pump Future", a case study was presented in annual convention of SMF held at IIM, Lucknow (Noida campus) on December 15-17, 2016
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2015),“ Advertisement Clutter: A spreading tentacles on FMCG Consumers”, in International Conference on Management of Infrastructure (ICMI-2015) held at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun on 6-7, February, 2015
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2014),“Competence Building in Medical Tourism Industry: An Indian Perspective”, in International Conference on Management of Infrastructure (ICMI-2014) held at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun on 14-15, February, 2014
- Rajesh Tripathi. (2014),“Petroleum Products: From Essential to Market Commodity”, in International Conference on Management of Infrastructure (ICMI-2014) held at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun on 14-15, February, 2014
- Presented a paper on water management in the national workshop on Water management held under the aegis of Institute of Applied Sciences, Allahabad on March 29-30, 2008.
- Presented a paper on “IPR:A Tool for Protection of Music and Fine Arts” in a national seminar on Music and Fine Arts in an Industry-Oriented Society held at Allahabad Degree College (AU) on September 12-13,2008.
- Presented Paper on “ Knowledge Transfer: Creating IP hub with a special perspective to India’s Potential” at UGC sponsored National seminar on IPR held at Allahabad Degree College, Allahabad on Feb 3-4, 2007.
- System Dynamics Society
- American Society for Public Administration
- South Asian Section on Public Administration
- Sanskriti School Alumni Association
Honours and Achievements:
- Awarded Clean EDGE Asia Fellowship 2022-23 by The National Bureau of Asian Research and the U.S. Department of State
- Recognized as Featured Scholar in Spring Edition of South Asian Section on Public Administration, 2022
- Awarded Full Scholarship for presenting paper (virtually) in 9th Fred Riggs Symposium, 2022
- Awarded Full Scholarship by the Millennium Institute for presenting paper (virtually) in 38th International System Dynamics Conference; Session Chair
- Awarded Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship in Public Policy, 2018-19
- Awarded SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2014-15 by the State Bank of India (unable to join)
- Awarded LSE-India Scholarship 2013-14 for pursuing Masters at the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship and National Eligibility Test 2012 in Management by University Grants Commission
- Received Best Paper Award in International Conference on Banking Consolidation 2009, Mumbai
- Awarded Merit Scholarship for Higher Education 2008-10 by Central Warehousing Corporation