Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
B.E (Information Technology), RIT Raipur.
M.E (Software Engineering), Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra(Ranchi)
PhD (Computer Science Engineering)
Area of Specialization
Digital Image Processing, Data Mining
Research & Publication
- Principal Investigator for L & S Band Airborne SAR Data Classification by means of Evolutionary Computing Algorithm, Space Application Center, ISRO, Ahmedabad, India.
- Co-Principal Investigator for “Digital Cancer Diagnosis with Counts of Adenoma and Luminal cells in Pleomorphic Adenoma Immunostained in Healthcare System” under SEED Grant from UPES Dehradun, India
- Co-Principal Investigator for “Decentralized Voting System” under SEED Grant from UPES Dehradun, India
- Pattern Analysis and Machine Learning Technique for Cancer Diagnosis using Whole Slide Images.
The focus area will be:
• Accurate and cost-effective cancer diagnosis
• Usage of a machine learning algorithm for feature extraction and pattern analysis
• Tissues classification based on texture
• Analysis and reporting with minimal pathologist interventions
- Submitted research proposal to SAC, ISRO, Ahmedabad (Under review) Title: Implementation of Evolutionary Computing Algorithm for polarimetric SAR data processing and classification.
Paper and Conferences
- Anil Kumar, Abhinav Mishra, Akash Ranjan, Shashi Kumar, “Optimized web model for easy and fast access of SNAPHU through GUI on AWS server without switching the platform”, ISRS-2016
- Rajat Subhra Bhowmick, Anil Kumar, Gagan Deep Singh, Shashi Kumar, ”Model for land cover estimation using Google Maps color images and unsupervised machine learning technique in python”, ISRS-2016
- Garg, R., Kumar, A., Bansal, N. et al. Semantic segmentation of PolSAR image data using advanced deep learning model. Sci Rep 11, 15365 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-94422-y
- Rajat Garg, Anil Kumar, Manish Prateek, Kamal Pandey, Shashi Kumar, “Land cover classification of spaceborne multifrequency SAR and optical multispectral data using machine learning”, Advances in Space Research, 2021, ISSN 0273-1177, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2021.06.028
- Kumar A, Prateek M. Localization of Nuclei in Breast Cancer Using Whole Slide Imaging System Supported by Morphological Features and Shape Formulas. Cancer Manag Res. 2020 Jun 16;12:4573-4583. DOI: 10.2147/CMAR.S248166. PMID: 32606950; PMCID: PMC7305844.
- Anil Kumar, Manish Prateek, "Automated Detection and Classification of Ki-67 Stained Nuclear Section Using Machine Learning Based on Texture of Nucleus to Measure Proliferation Score for Prognostic Evaluation of Breast Carcinoma”, DOI 10.21203 /rs.2.21063 /v1, Preprint, Research Square.
- Verma, V., Kumar, A., Chauhan, P. and Gupta, M. K. (2020). Interactive Segmentation Technique for Ex-Vivo Skin Laceration Detection. International Journal on Emerging Technologies, 11(3): 371–376.
- Rajat Garg, Anil Kumar, and Shashi Kumar, “Implementation of Semantic Segmentation of UAVSAR Data”, The Proceedings of National Seminar on ‘Recent Advances in Geospatial Technology & Applications’, March 02, 2020, IIRS Dehradun, India.
- “SHIP DETECTION USING SENTINEL-1 SAR DATA”, Aayush Grover, Shashi Kumar, Anil Kumar, ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume IV-5, 2018,
- “MODEL FOR LAND COVER ESTIMATION USING UNSUPERVISED MACHINE LEARNING ON GOOGLE
MAPS COLOR IMAGES”, Rajat Subhra Bhowmick, Anil Kumar, Gagan Deep Singh, Shashi Kumar, ISPRS Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XLII-5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5194/isprs-archives-XLII-5-147-2018.
- “SEMANTIC SEGMENTATION OF L&S BAND SAR DATA AFTER TUNING THE HYPER PARAMETERS IN MACHINE LAEARNING MODELS”, Anil Kumar, Rajat Garg, Susheela Dahiya, Manish Prateek, Shashi Kumar, IEEE InGARSS-2021, December 6-10, 2021. (Accepted)
- Attended NISAR-2016, Science and Application Workshop conducted by SAC, ISRO, Ahmedabad.
Honours and Achievements
- Nominated as Adjunct II membership of WInSAR supported by UNAVCO and funded by NASA and NSF. It is an international agency that supports research on space science and remote sensing.
- Reviewer for IEEE Access; Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Elsevier; Advances in Space Research, Elsevier
- Nominated for organizers/Associate Editor in a special section of Earth and Space Science, Wiley Publications.
- Nominated as Lead Speaker of NISAR (NASA ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar) Science Workshop – 2015 conducted in SAC, ISRO Ahmedabad, India
- Invited to deliver Guest Lecture to IIRS, ISRO Dehradun
- Invited to guide/mentor the thesis of the students of M.Sc. in Forestry from FRI Dehradun