Dr. Neelu Jyoti Ahuja
- B.Sc, Osmania University, Hyderabad-A.P
- M.Tech (Information Technology), Gandhi Vidya Mandir
- MBA, Madhurai Kamraj University
- Ph.D. (Geo-Informatics Engineering), University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun.
Area of Specialization
- Artificial Intelligence
- Expert Systems
- Intelligent Tutoring
- Cloud Computing
- Research & Publications: Research Projects / Consultancy
R&D Projects Completed: 01
- Government funded R&D Project titled, ‘An expert system for integrated solid waste management for Dehradu n city’, [Mar, 2013- Nov, 2015]. [Role: Principal Investigator], Total fund: INR. 3,15,000/- Funding Agency: UCOST, Dehradun.
R&D Consultancy Completed: 02
- Organized Expert Sub-Committee Meeting on Women & Nutrition (19th-20th June, 2014) [DST-PAC Meeting] at UPES. [Role: Principal Investigator] Total fund: INR. 7,09,300/- Funding Agency: DST, New Delhi, GOI.
- Organized ‘6th Meeting of Subject Expert Committee (SEC) on Engineering and Technology under WOS-A Scheme (1st to 3rd June 2018)’ at UPES. [Role: Principal Investigator] Total Sanctioned fund: 11,00,000/-, Funding Agency: DST, New Delhi, GOI.
R&D Projects Ongoing: 03
- The project entitled “Development of knowledge-based tutoring system for seismic data interpretation using visual and analytical tools integrated with intelligent tutoring” (DST letter no: D.O. No: SR/CSI/140/2013, dated 15th Sep, 2014. (Duration: 2015-2018), [Role: Principal Investigator] Total Fund: INR. 29,36,400/- Funding Agency: CSRI (Cognitive Science Research Initiative), DST, New Delhi, GOI.
- Project entitled “Rural Women Technology Park” (DST letter no: SEED/WTP/038/2014 dated 23rd June, 2014) . (Duration: 2015-2018) [Role: Principal Investigator], Total Fund: INR. 63,57,780/- Funding Agency: SEED (Science for Equity, Empowerment and Development Division), DST, New Delhi, GOI.
- Project entitled “Intelligent Tutoring System for Children with Learning Disabilities (LDs), Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia” (DST letter no: D.O. No: SEED/TIDE/133/2016 dated 13th Sep, 2017. (Duration: 2017-2020), [Role: Principal Investigator],Total Fund: INR. 42,15,404/- , Funding Agency: TIDE (Technology Interventions for Disabled and Elderly), DST, New Delhi, GOI.
Research Publications In Journals
- Malav ,A.,& Ahuja, N.J. (2018). Machine Learning Techniques for Effective Facilitation of Teaching And Learning: a narrative Review. i-manager’s Journal on Computer Science, 6(2), 33-38.
- THAPLIYAL, Monika; AHUJA, Neelu Jyothi. A CRITICAL REVIEW ON LEARNING DISABILITIES WITH SPECIFIC REFERENCE TO INDIA: CHALLENGES, RESEARCH ADVANCES AND GOVERNMENT POLICIES.. International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science Applications and Management Studies (IJSRCSAMS), v. 7, n. 4, jul 2018. ISSN 2319-1953.
- BISHT, Akanksha; AHUJA, Neelu Jyothi. Integration of Hypermedia in e-learning environment: The impact, characteristics based categorization and Recommendations. International Journal of Modern Electronics and Communication Engineering (IJMECE),v. 6, n. 5, p. 48-51, sep. 2018. ISSN 2321-2152. Available at: <http://www.ijmece.org/index.php?vr=september_issue18> Date accessed: 3 oct. 2018.
- Amit Kumar, Neelu Jyothi Ahuja, Ninni Singh, LEARNER CHARACTERISTICS BASED LEARNING STYLE MODELS CLASSIFICATION AND ITS IMPLICATIONS ON TEACHING, "International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics” (IJPAM) Vol. 118, No. 20A, March, 2018, (SCOPUS)
- Ninni Singh, Neelu Jyothi Ahuja, Amit Kumar, A Novel Architecture for Learner-Centric Curriculum Sequencing in Adaptive Intelligent Tutoring System, Journal of Cases on Information Technology (JCIT) Vol 20, Issue:3, 2018, pp.1-20, DOI: 10.4018/JCIT.2018070101; online link: https://www.igi-global.com/article/a-novel-architecture-for-learner-centric-curriculum-sequencing-in-adaptive-intelligent-tutoring-system/207363. (SCOPUS)
- Ritesh Saini, Nihal Anwar Siddiqui, Kanchan Deoli Bahukhandi, Neelu J Ahuja, Study of effects of Municipal solid waste on water quality of Dehradun City, Journal of Environmental Science, Computer Science and Engineering and Technology (JECET), Vol. 7A, No.3. June-Aug, 2018, pp.409-416, DOI: 10.24214/jecet.A.7.3.40916
- Ahuja, N.J., ‘Developing an intelligent tutoring system for individuals with disabilities: review and recommendations’, Journal of Web Engineering and Technology, Vol.4, No.3, Dec, 2017, ISSN 2455-1880, Online link: http://computers.stmjournals.com/index.php?journal=JoWET&page=article&op=view&path%5B%5D=1209
- Neelu J. Ahuja, Rohit Joshi, Parag Verma, Implementation and Impact Assessment of an Innovative Approach of ICT Intervention in Art and Craft Design: Case Study of Select Rural Women of Uttarakhand, International Journal of Research in Engineering, IT and Social Sciences, ISSN 2250-0588, Vol 08 Issue 3, March 2018, pp 67-77
- KUMAR, Amit; SINGH, Ninni; AHUJA, Neelu Jyothi. LEARNING STYLES BASED ADAPTIVE INTELLIGENT TUTORING SYSTEMS: DOCUMENT ANALYSIS OF ARTICLES PUBLISHED BETWEEN 2001. AND 2016..International Journal of Cognitive Research in Science, Engineering and Education (IJCRSEE), [S.l.], v. 5, n. 2, p. 83-98, dec. 2017. ISSN 2334-8496. Available at: <http://ijcrsee.com/index.php/IJCRSEE/article/view/168>. Date accessed: 23 jan. 2018. doi: https://doi.org/10.5937/IJCRSEE1702083K. (SCOPUS)
- Ritesh Saini, Neelu J. Ahuja, Kanchan Deoli Bahukhandi, ‘Futuristic Projection of Solid Waste Generation in Dehradun city of Uttarakhand using Supervised Artificial Neural Network-Non-Linear Autoregressive Neural Network (NARnet)’, International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.10,(13):pg 283-299, November, 2017, ISSN-0974-4290, ISSN (online):2455-9555.
- Neelu Jyothi Ahuja, Ninni Singh, Amit Kumar, ‘Adaptation to Emotion Cognition Ability of Learner for Learner centric Tutoring Incorporating Pedagogy Recommendation’, International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, Vol 9, No:44, Dec 2016 ISSN : 0974-5572 Online link: http://www.serialsjournals.com/serialjournalmanager/pdf/1495713058.pdf
- Nilima Salankar, Neelu Ahuja, Sandeep Chaurasia and Ninni Singh, Fuzzy Logic Based Approach for Automation of Emotion Detection in Misophonia International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science, 9(1):37-55 · February 2017, DOI:10.5121/ijcsit.2017.9104, Online link: http://aircconline.com/ijcsit/V9N1/9117ijcsit04.pdf, ISSN (Online): 0975-3826, ISSN (Print): 0975-4660.
- Kumar, N.J. Ahuja, M. Saxena, A. Kumar, 2016, Modelling and Simulation of Object Detection in Automotive Power Window, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9(43), November 2016 DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i43/104393 ISSN (Print) : 0974-6846 ISSN (Online) : 0974-5645 Online link: http://www.indjst.org/index.php/indjst/article/view/104393/75240
- Shanu, S., Talwar, S., Hermon, B., Goswami, O, Ahuja, N.J., Semiotics expert system: An integrative approach towards maintenance of community peace, September, 2016, International Journal of Peace and Development Studies, Vol.7 (6), pp.50-61, http://www.academicjournals.org/journal/IJPDS/article-full-text-pdf/5C3879860468
- Ritesh Saini, Neelu J. Ahuja , Kanchan Deoli Bahukhandi, 2016, Fuzzy logic based advisory for handling landfill operational problems for early warning and emergency response planning, International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.9, No.8, Sep 2016, pp.282-297. (Scopus Indexed) http://www.sphinxsai.com/2016/ch_vol9_no8/1/(282-297)V9N8CT.pdf
- Bhandari, R, Hans, V., Ahuja, N.J., 2016, Big Data Security – Challenges and Recommendations, 2016, International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering, Volume-4 , Issue-1, E-ISSN: 2347-2693 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/295907307_Big_Data_Security_-_Challenges_and_Recommendations
- Ahuja, N.J., Bahukhandi, K.D., Narayanan, A., Saini, R., “A NOVEL LANDFILL CAPACITY ESTIMATION MODEL FOR DEHRADUN CITY, Jun, 2015, Asian Journal of Microbiology, Bio-technology, and Environmental Sciences, Vol 17, No. 3, 2015; pp. 741-750 (Scopus Indexed) http://www.envirobiotechjournals.com/article_abstract.php?aid=6295&iid=199&jid=1
- Surender Kumar, M. Prateek, N.J. Ahuja, Bharat Bhushan, DE-LEACH: Distance and Energy Aware LEACH, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Vol 88, No.9, February 2014, online link: https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1408/1408.2914.pdf
- Surender Kumar, M. Prateek, N.J. Ahuja, Bharat Bhushan, MEECDA: Multihop Energy Efficient Clustering and Data Aggregation Protocol for HWSN, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 88 – No.9, February 2014, online link: https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1408/1408.3110.pdf
- Surender Kumar, M. Prateek, N.J. Ahuja, and B. Bhushan, MEEP: Multihop Energy Efficient Protocol For Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Network, International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications, Vol 5, No. 3, March 2014. Online link: https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1409/1409.1412.pdf
- Ahuja, N.J., and Sille, R., 2013, A Critical Review of Development of Intelligent Tutoring Systems: Retrospect, Present and Prospect, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 10, Issue 4, No 2, July 2013 pp 39-49.http://www.ijcsi.org/papers/IJCSI-10-4-2-39-48.pdf
- Dhanda, N., Darbari, M., Ahuja, N.J., Siddiqui, I.A., 2013 A Critical Review on E-Learning Prospective: With Special Reference to Migration from Web 2.0 to Web 3.0, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol 4, Issue 9, Sept 2013http://www.academia.edu/4579040/A_Critical_Review_on_E-Learning_Prospective_With_Special_Reference_to_Migration_from_Web_2.0_to_Web_3.0
- Dhanda, N., Darbari, M., Ahuja, N.J., Siddiqui, I.A., An Adaptive Normative Multi-Agent System Using Web 3.0 for e-Learning Platform, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol 4, Issue 9, September, 2013.
- Lavania, S., Darbari, M., Ahuja, N.J., Siddiqui, I.A., Genetic Algorithms-Fuzzy based Trade-Off Adjustment between Software Complexity and Deliverability, CISSE E-Conference –Springer, in University of Bridgeport(UK), 12-14 Dec 2013 (Scopus Indexed)http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-06764-3_3
- Bahukhandi, K., Ahuja, N.J., Building Block Methodology Assisted Knowledge-based System for Environmental –Flow Assessment of Suswa river of Dehradun district: A reminiscent framework, International Research Journal of Environmental Sciences, Dec 2013. http://www.isca.in/IJENS/Archive/v2/i12/12.ISCA-IRJEvS-2013-233.pdf
- Ahuja, N.J., and Bahukhandi, K.D., 2012, Expert Systems for solid waste management: A review, International review on computers and software, vol 7, no 4 Part 1, July 2012 pp 1608-1613. (Scopus Indexed)
- Lavania, S., Darbari, M., Ahuja, N.J., Shukla, P.K, Application of Evolutionary Algorithm in Managing the Trade-Off between Complexity of Software and Its Deliverables, International Review on Computers and Software, Vol. 7, No 6, Nov 2012, pp 2899-2903. (Scopus ndexed) http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/87633026/application-evolutionary-algorithm-managing-trade-off-between-complexity-software-deliverables
- Dhanda, N., Darbari, M., and Ahuja, N.J., 2012, Development of Multi Agent Activity Theory e-Learning (MATeL) Framework focusing on Indian Scenario, International review on computers and software, vol 7, no 4, Part 1, July 2012, pp 1624 - 1628.
- Ahuja, N.J., and Diwan, P., 2012, An Expert system for seismic data interpretation using visual and analytical tools, international journal of scientific and engineering research, Vol 3 Issue 4 April 2012. http://www.bokus.com/bok/9783659249037/an-expert-system-for-seismic-data- interpretation/
- Asthana, R., Ahuja, N. J., Darbari, M., Shukla, P.K., 2012, Critical Review on development of Urban traffic models and control systems, International Journal of Scientific & Engg Research, Vol 3, no 1, Jan 2012.
- Asthana, R., Ahuja, N.J., Darbari, M., 2011, Model Proving of Urban Traffic Control Using Neuro PetriNets and Fuzzy Logic, International Review on Computers and Software, Vol 6 no 6, Nov 2011, pp 983-98,
- Asthana, R., Darbari, M., Ahmad, H., and Ahuja, N. J., 2011, Enhancing the capability of N-Dimension Self-Organizing Petrinet using Neuro-Genetic Approach, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol:8, Issue 3, No.1, May, 2011. http://www.ijcsi.org/papers/IJCSI-8-3-1-569-571.pdf
Research Publications In Conferences
- Malav, Anuraj;Ahuja,Neelu,Jyothi. Assistive Learning Technologies (ALT) for Individuals with Special Needs with Emphasis on User Interface Design. International conference on "Aerosol, Air Quality and Climate Change on Himalayan region of Uttarakhand".
- THAPLIYAL, Monika; MALAV, Anuraj; AHUJA, Neelu Jyothi. A FRAMEWORK OF LEARNER PROFILING IN INTELLIGENT TUTORING SYSTEM FOR LEARNING DISABLED.. 4th International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies, 21-22 Nov 2018
- BISHT, Akanksha; AHUJA, Neelu Jyothi. AN INSTRUCTIVE FRAMEWORK OF INTELLIGENT TUTORING SYSTEM FOR LEARNING DISABILITY. International Conference on Future Computing and Communication Technology (ICFCCT-2018), 22 Dec 2018
- Singh, Ninni, Ahuja, Neelu Jyothi, Learner Performance Triggered Pedagogy change for Adaptive Tutoring, 4th International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies, 21-22 Nov 2018
- Kumar, Amit; Ahuja, Neelu Jyothi, SEISTUTOR: AN ADAPTIVE INTELLIGENT TUTORING SYSTEM FOR SEISMIC DATA INTERPRETATION, 4th International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies, 21-22 Nov 2018
- Kumar, Amit; Ahuja, Neelu Jyothi, Applications and Pedagogy Recommendations of Learning Styles in Intelligent Tutoring System, 4th International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies, 21-22 Nov 2018
- Adarsh Kumar, Neeraj Chugh, Alok Aggarwal, Neelu Jyoti, Ahuja, Multidimensional-Multilayer Outlier Detection Mechanism for RFID-Sensor Integrated MANET Convergent to Internet of Things , 4th International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies, 21-22 Nov 2018
- Adarsh Kumar, Alok Aggarwal and Neelu Jyoti Action, Decision and Monitoring based Multilayered Outlier Detection
- Model for Resource Constraint MANET, 4th International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies, 21-22 Nov 2018
- Singh, Ninni, J. Ahuja, Neelu, Kumar, Amit, Verma, Parag, ‘Opportunities and challenges in Intelligent Tutoring System’, DCMEIT-2017, 18th Nov, 2017
- Kumar, Amit, J. Ahuja, Neelu, Singh, Ninni, Verma, Parag, ‘Recommendation of Suitable Learning Style Model for Adaptive Intelligent Tutoring System, DCMEIT-2017, 18th Nov, 2017.
- Verma, Parag, J. Ahuja, Neelu, Kumar, Amit, Singh, Ninni, ‘Study of ICT is an Approach for Building the Capability in Rural Handicraft Sector’, DCMEIT-2017, 18th Nov, 2017.
- Ahuja, N. J, Verma, Parag, Empowering handicraft sector through Information and Communication Technology (ICT) interventions, Agro-Supply chain conference, 3-4th Nov, 2017 [Best Paper Award]
- Upadhyay, J., Ahuja, N.J, Quality of Service in Cloud Computing in Higher Education: A Critical Survey and Innovative Model',International conference on I-SMAC (IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud) (I-SMAC 2017), 10-11 Feb, 2017, Coimbatore, India (Scopus) DOI: 10.1109/I-SMAC.2017.8058324; Online link:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8058324/
- Kumar., R., Ahuja, N.J., Saxena M., Improvement and approval of impediment recognition and activity for Power Window, ICICCD-2017, proceedings in series of Springer (Scopus indexed) 15th -17th Apr, 2017, UPES, Dehradun.
- Neelu Jyothi Ahuja, ‘Characterization of Human Knowledge for Intelligent Tutoring’, International Conference on Advanced Computing and Intelligent Engineering (ICACIE 2016) proceedings in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC) series of Springer (Scopus indexed) 21-23th DEC, 2016, at Odisha India
- Neelu Jyothi Ahuja, Ninni Singh, Amit Kumar, ‘Development of knowledge capsules for custom-tailored dissemination of knowledge of Seismic data interpretation’, International Conference on Recent Advancement in Computer, Communication and Computational Sciences 2016, (ICRACCS-2016)] proceedings in springer series of lecture notes on data engineering and telecommunications (Scopus indexed) 25-26th Nov, 2016, at Udaipur, India
- Shobha Aswal, Neelu Jyothi Ahuja, Ritika Arora Mehra, 'Experimental analysis of traditional classification algorithms on bio medical dtatasets', 2nd International Conference on Next Generation Computating Technologies (NGCT) 2016, proceedings in IEEE Xplore 14-16 Oct, 2016, Dehradun, India.DOI: 10.1109/NGCT.2016.7877478 (Scopus indexed)
- Ahuja, N.J., and Singh, G.D., 2013, An ICT driven knowledge-village-centre – a conceptualization, a visionary and a road map, National Seminar on Contemporary & Futuristic IT – Initiatives & Interventions jointly organized by Uttarakhand Open University Haldwani and Doon University, Dehradun, 30-31st March, 2013.
- Saraf, D.N, Ahuja, N.J., Process Modeling and Optimization, Plenary Paper, International Conference on Energy Systems Modeling and Optimization Conference (ESMOC 2013), NIT, Durgapur, 9-11 Dec, 2013
- Ahuja, N.J., and Diwan, P., 2010, Power of Algorithms in Expert Systems, National Seminar on power of algorithms-2010, Deptt. Of Computer Applications, GEU, Dehradun.
- Ahuja, N.J., and Diwan, P., 2008, Rule-based Expert system for seismic data interpretation, International Conference Geo-India 2008, 17-19th Sept, 2008, New Delhi, India, proceedings:searchanddiscovery.net [Article#90081].http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/abstracts/html/2008/geo_india/abstracts/ahuja.html