Dr. Sanjay Kumar
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
B.Sc. VBS Poorvanchal University Jaunpur
M.Sc. (Department of Chemistry), University of Allahabad
B.Ed. DDU Gorakhpur University
Ph.D. CSIR-Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute-MK Bhavnagar University
Area of Specialization:
Natural Product Chemistry, Chemistry of Biopolymers, Value-added products from biomass, Metal Nanoparticles, Biosensor, Catalysis, Bio-oil
Research & Publications:
Immobilization of enzymes on various nanostructures for the fabrication of bio-sensors (DST funded International bilateral Indo-Slovenia Project), Role- Co-PI
Synthesis and characterization of hierarchical mesoporous nano-sized TiO2 using biopolymers and their derivative bio templates, for the conversion of biomass/sugars into hydroxyl methyl furfural.UPES in House Project
- Joshi G, Rawat DS, Lamba BY, Bisht KK, Kumar N, Kumar N, Kumar S “Transesterification of Jatropha and Karanja oils by using waste egg shell derived calcium-based mixed metal oxides” Energy Conversion and Management, 96, 258-267, 2015.
- Kondaveeti S, Kumar S, Ganesan MS, Siddhanta AK “Galactans of Gracilaria pudumadamensis (Gracilariales, Rhodophyta) of Indian Waters” Natural Product Communications, 9(9), 1341-1344, 2014.
- Siddhanta AK*, Kumar S, Mehta GK, Chhatbar MU, Oza MD, Sanandiya ND, Chejara DR, Godiya CB, Kondaveeti S. “Cellulose Contents of Some Abundant Indian Seaweed Species” Natural Product Communications, 8(4): 497-500, 2013.
- Kumar S, Prasad K*, Siddhanta AK*. “Non-ionic surfactant mediated preparation of κ-carrageenan/calcium carbonate biocomposite”. Indian Journal of Chemistry, 51A: 1085-1089, 2012.
- Kumar S, Godiya CB, Siddhanta AK*. “Carrageenan of Sarconema scinaioides (Gigartinales, Rhodophyta) of Indian waters”. Carbohydrate Polymers, 87: 1657-1662, 2012.
- Oza MD, Mehta GK, Kumar S, Meena R, Siddhanta AK*. “Galactans of Gracilaria millardetii and G textorii of Indian waters”. Phycological Research, 59:244-249, 2011.
- Kumar S, Mehta GK, Prasad K, Meena R, Siddhanta AK*. “Chemical studies on Carrageenan of Sarconema filiforme (Gigartinales, Rhodophyta) of Indian waters” Natural Products Communications, 6: 1327-1332, 2011.
- Kumar S, Nandan D, Meena R, Prasad K, Siddhanta AK*. “Sulfated galactans of Champia indica and Champia parvula (Rhodymeniales, Rhodophyta) of Indian waters” Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry, 30: 47-60, 2011.
- Siddhanta AK*, Chhatbar MU, Mehta GK, Sanandiya N, Kumar S, Oza MD, Meena R, Prasad K. “Cellulose contents of Indian seaweeds species” Journal of Applied Phycology, 23: 919-923, 2011
- Siddhanta AK*, Prasad K, Meena R, Prasad G, Mehta GK, Chhatbar MU, Oza MD, Kumar S, Sanandiya N. “Profiling of cellulose content in Indian seaweed species”. Bioresource Technology, 100: 6669-6673, 2009.
- Prasad G*, Kumar S. Polysaccharides of Some Green Seaweeds of Indian Coast-Physicochemical studies on polysaccharides of Chaetomorpha antennina and Chamaedoris auriculata, Lambert Publishing House, Germany, July 2013 pp. 1-88 (ISBN No. 978-3-659-40553-0).
- Kumar S*, Siddhanta AK. Sulphated Galactans of Red Seaweeds- Chemical Studies on Sulphated Galactans of Champia and Sarconema species of Indian Coast, Lambert Publishing House, Germany, June 2013 pp. 1-112 (ISBN No. 978-3-659-40255-5).
- Siddhanta AK*, Meena R, Prasad G, Chhatbar MU, Mehta GK, Oza MD, Kumar S, Prasad K. Development of carbohydrate polymer based new hydrogel materials derived from seaweed polysaccharides in “Handbook of Carbohydrate Polymers: Development, Properties and Applications” Ed. Ryouichi Ito & Youta Matsuo, NOVA Science Publishers Inc., New York, April 2010 pp. 555-582. (ISBN No-978-1-60876-367-2)
Awards & Achievements:
UGC-Dr. D. S. Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellowship
December 2006-December 2011: Junior/Senior Research Fellowship awarded in the project "Drugs from the Ocean" Project funded by the Ministry of Earth Sciences- Government of India, at CSIR-CSMCRI Bhavnagar.
CSIR-UGC (NET/LS) for Lectureship in June 2005 (Subject Chemical Sciences).