Dr. Pooja Gupta
Assistant Professor - Senior Scale
B.Sc. (PCM), DBS P.G College, Dehradun
MA (English), S.G.R.R P.G College, Dehradun
Ph.D. (English Literature), HNB Garhwal Central University
Area of Specialization:
Research & Publications:
- Gupta, Pooja., & Kaushik, Asha. Decoding Cultural Crisis among Anglo-Indians during Colonial Period in India: A Perspective from Combat of Shadows. The Criterion, 7(3), 105-123.
- Gupta, Pooja., (2016). An insight into princely states of India: New-historicist approach. Daath Voyage: An International Journal of Interdisciplinary studies in English, 1(3), 1-33.
- Gupta, Pooja., & Vohra, Shalini. (2016). Socio-Political Milieu of The Devil’s Wind: The Revolt of 1857. International Journal of Multifaceted and Multilingual Studies. 3(8).
- Vohra, Shalini. & Gupta, Pooja. (2016) Tradition and Contemporaneity in the novels of Bhabani Bhattacharya with special reference to So Many Hungers. International journal of English language, literature and translation studies (ijelr) 3(3). 237-246.
- Abstract published in the souvenir of National seminar organized by IQAC, SGRR PG College held on 9-10 Oct 2015.
- Gupta, Pooja., (2013) Voicing Human Rights through Literature. International Transactions in Humanities and Social Sciences.,5(1). 45-48.
- Gupta, Pooja., (2011) Socio-historical milieu in the novels of Manohar Malgonkar. Indian Text and Context. 64-66.
- Kaushik, Asha., & Gupta, Pooja. Feminist qualities in heroine of Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights. Daath Voyage: An International Journal of Interdisciplinary studies in English, 1(4).
- Gupta, Pooja, Dr., and Shalini Vohra, Technology integrated English Language Learning : A case study." Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology (2017), p. 2393-9907e. 2393-9915.
Chapter in a book:
Gupta, Pooja., (2016). New historicist approach to analyse the novel A Bend in the Ganges by Malgonkar. In book Multicultural and marginalized voices of Post-colonial Literature. New York: Lexintgon Publishers.
Conferences/Seminars & workshops :
- Organizing Committee member of International Conference MAGIC’2016 at UPES.
- Participated in one day workshop organized by SGRR PG College on March, 8th 2016, on International Women’s Day.
- Participated in 2-Days Workshop on “Neuro-Linguistic Programming” held at UPES on 7th-8th Nov. 2015.
- Organized NAAC sponsored National Seminar on “Role of IQAC in Enhancing Quality of Teaching and Evaluation Process” at SGRR PG College, Dehradun.
- Presented a paper titled “Importance of Innovative Techniques inn Teaching and Learning Communication” in the National Seminar organized by IQAC, SGRR PG College, 9th -10th Oct, 2015.
- Part of Organizing Committee of CPC, UPES for an International Conference on “Methods, Aesthetics & Genres in English Communication” held on 4th-5th April 2014.
- Presented a paper entitled “Voicing Human Rights through Literature” in the National Seminar organized by DBS PG College in collaboration with Human Rights Commission on 14th -15th Feb, 2014.
- Attended the symposium on “Equality & Social Justice in 21st Century” organized by DBS PG College, Dehradun, on 6th of March 2013.
- Attended a National Seminar on “Socio-Cultural Paradigms in Post-Independence Indian English Drama” organized by N.A.S College, Meerut (U.P) on 1-2 Dec 2012.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Women Empowerment” held on 18th Jan, 2013 in SGRR PG College, Dehradun.
- Presented a paper titled “Projecting Human Rights through Literature” at National Seminar on “Human Rights and Managerial Skills” organized by SMJN College, Haridwar on 27-28th of January 2013.
- Presented a paper titled “Socio-historical milieu in the novels of Manohar Malgonkar” at National Seminar on “Indian Text and Context” organized by GurukulKangriVishwavidyalayaon 13-14th Oct, 2011.
- Attended a National Seminar on “India: Two Decades of Economic Liberalization-Growth and Governance” organized by Doon University, Dehradun on 18-19th Nov, 2011.
The Fourth International Conference On “Recent Advances in Computer Science, E-Learning, Information & Communication Technology”(CSIT– 2017) held at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, on 25th February, 2017organized by Krishi Sanskriti Publications.