Dr. Shalini Vohra
BA. S.M.J.N Degree College, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
M.A. (English Literature), Kanya Gurukul, Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar.
M.A. (Sociology), Sri Dev Suman University, Uttarakhand.
Ph.D. (English Literature), Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar.
Area of Specialization:
English Literature, Professional Communication, Sociology
Research & Publications:
- Soft Skills in the Professional World: Need, Means and Ways”in Professional EducationBy Dr. JyotsanaSaxena, APH publishing, corporation, New Delhi.2010.
- Article Published :Role of ICT in English Language & Soft Skills EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION , APH Publishing house ISSN:2320-7019 January-December 2013 Issue
- Technology Assimilation and Continuous Evaluation Process in English Language Teaching. On line International Interdisciplinary Research Journal. Issue No. Vol. No.: IV/Issue II/ 2014 Issue. ISSN No.:2249-9598. Year Of Publication: January-December 2014. Impact Factor: 2.217-ISRA.JIF.
- Domestic Violence and Honor Based Killing: Theoretical Perspectives. EDU CARE (An International Journal of Education and Humanities) (ISSN No.:2319-5282 A Peer Reviewed Journal). Issue No. Vol. No.: Volume 3, Number 1 January-December 2014 Issue
- Holistic technique in English Language: a humanistic approach towards learning and teaching. International Conference of English Language & Literature – A Tool for Humanizing (23rd & 24th February 2015).
- Elements of Feminism in the Novels of Namita Gokhle with special reference to Shakuntala. August 2015,Vol.2 Issue:2 Theme Feminism, ISSN 2348-1617.
- Gupta, Pooja, Dr., and Shalini Vohra, Dr. "Socio-Political Milieu of The Devil’s Wind: The Revolt of 1857." International Journal of Multifaceted and Multilingual Studies III.VIII (2016): n. pag. Web. http://www.ijmms.in/ISSN(PRINT):2394-207X
- Vohra, Shalini, Dr. and Pooja Gupta, Dr. “Tradition and Contemporaneity in the novels of Bhabani Bhattacharya with special reference to So Many Hungers.” International journal of English language, literature and translation studies (ijelr) III, III(2016). Pag. 237 – 246. Web(2016). http://www.ijelr.in/ ISSN: 2395-2628 (P): 2349-9451 (E).KY Publications.
- Vohra, Shalini, Dr., and Anuradha Verma, Dr. “Rigid Patriarchy versus Depressed Feminism”. Education at the crossroads, An International Journal of Education and Humanities, A Peer Reviewed Journal(October 2016)
Book /Chapter Publication:
- Vohra, Dr. Shalini,(2010) “Pioneers of Human Rights: with special reference to Gandhi an Philosophy”: ISBN:978-81-8356-772-5 Published by Discovery Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. Human Rights Education in 20th Century.
- Vohra, Dr. Shalini.(2012) “Socio-Cultural Matrix in the novels of Bhabani Bhattacharya 311622/ISBN: 978-3-8465-2728-3 Published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing Gmbh & Co. KG Dudweiler Landstrabe 9966123 Saarbrucken Germany.
- Agnihotri, Dr. Mudita, Vohra, Dr. Shalini, Dr. Meenakshi (2014) “The Elements of Feminism in the Novels of Namita Gokhale”, Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN no. 978-3-659-48809-2,2014.
- Agnihotri, Dr. Mudita, Vohra, Dr. Shalini Identity Crises in the Novels of Namita Gokhle with special Reference to Paro: The dreams of passion. Book Name “Contemporary Women’s Writing in English”, Published by Lexington Books. Link https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781498502115, ISBN No. 978-1-4985-0210-8. Year Of Publication: January-December 2014 Issue; Issue Released in January 2015.
Gupta, Pooja, Dr., and Shalini Vohra, Technology integrated English Language Learning: A case study." Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology (2017), p. 2393-9907e. 2393-9915.
Presented Papers in the Conferences:
- Presented paper VI. AII INDIA CONFERENCE on Indian Association for Studies in Contemporary Literature, 29-30 September 2000. Department of English, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. Paper entitled Influence of Buddhism on the Poetry & Plays of T.S.Eliot.
- National Seminar on Contemporary Indian Writing In English: A three-Day Seminar: Feb.12 to 14, 2001. Paper entitled “Liberating woman voice of feminists”.
- National Seminar on Culture, Literature, and society: Canada and India From 20th March to 22nd March 2004. The paper entitled “Immigrants Experiences in Canadian Poetry.
- National Seminar on Gender Equity Through Women Empowerment: Myth or Reality Paper entitled” Self-realization and sel Identity in Shobha de’s novels. S.M.J.N. (P.G.) College, Hardwar- 249404(UTTARAKHAND)
- UGC & ICSSR Sponsored, National Seminar On Regionalism & National Integration, Department of Political Science, S.M.J.N. (P.G.) College, Hardwar- 249404(UTTARAKHAND) Paper entitled, Development and the Problem of Environmental protection in Uttrakhand.(2007)
- 53rd All India English Teachers’ Conference Department Of English.Paper entitled” Tradition and Contemporaneity in the novels of Bhabani Bhattacharya. (18-20 December 2008)
- International Seminar on ‘Quality Of Professional Education In The Present Era” organized by: The Institution of Engineers(India) Uttarakhand State Centre & Indian Association Of Teacher Educators, July 25-26, 2009.
- The Fourth International and 40th Annual ELTAI conference , organized by justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed college for women(Autonomous), English Language Teacher’s Association of India(ELTAI) The conference was about Managing Mixed Ability Classes held on 7-9 August, 2009 at JBAS College, Teynampet, Chennai.
- The National Seminar on “Quality Education”, organized by ‘DevSanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, 03-04 October, 2009. Presented paper on” The Need of Values Education in the Age of Globalism : A Holistic Approach
- Presented paper in the National Seminar on Environmental Education : Need & Current trend, organized by Deptt. Of B.E.d. on 24th& 25thoct 2009.topic” Assessment of air pollution in Doon City and ways to curb it”.
- Presented paper in the National Conference” entitled Indian Writing in English: Text and Context’ held at KanyaGurukulMahavidyalaya Dehradun on the 13-14th of Octobe 2011 The topic of the presentation was“The Prospect of Socio-cultural matrix in the novels of Bhabani Bhattacharya”.
- Presented a paper and Poster in the Second International Conference on “Yoga for Health and Social Transformation”. January 7 to 10, 2013, organized by Patanjali Research Foundation Haridwar Uttarakhand, India. The topic was Yoga & Meditation: an approach towards balanced fortitude & effective learning skills.
- International conference on finance and business management Hotel Grand Shiva, Haridwar- 249407, Uttarakhand (India)June 15-16, 2013 topic: Role of CSR (corporate social responsibility) activities in rural development.
- The Fourth International Conference On “Recent Advances in Computer Science, E-Learning, Information & Communication Technology”(CSIT– 2017) held at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, on 25th February, 2017 organized by Krishi Sanskriti Publications