Dr. Aashish Mathur
Ph.D (A study of the growth and fabrication of carbon nanotube arrays in microfluidic channels and their application in micro-particle separation for bio-sensing devices) from NIBEC, University of Ulster, Jordanstown campus, Belfast, U.K. in 2011.
M.Tech (Nanotechnology) from Amity Institute of Nanotechnology, Amity University, Noida, India in 2007.
M.Sc (Electronics) from CSJM University, Kanpur, India in 2005.
B.Sc (Electronics) from CSJM University, Kanpur, India in 2003.
Completed online certificate course on “Operations Management” from Wharton, University of Pennsylvania in 2015.
Completed ‘O’ Level from Dept. of Electronics (DOEACC) in 2001 (Subjects: - Information Technology, Programming in ‘C’, Business Systems.)
Completed ‘A’ Level from Dept of Electronics (DOEACC) in 2002. (Subjects: - Database management system, Computer Organization, Data Communication & Networking, System Analysis, Data Structure, JAVA, and Programming in C / C++) (This course is equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in India)
Intermediate Passed from CBSE Board in 2000 in Science stream.
High School Passed from CBSE Board in 1998.
- Currently working as Associate Professor in department of physics, school of engineering at UPES University, Dehradoon, India (since Nov 2020)\
- Previously worked as Assistant Professor in Amity institute of nanotechnology at Amity University, Noida, India (Feb 2013-Oct 2020)
- Worked as research associate at NIBEC, University of Ulster, Jordanstown campus, Belfast, U.K, (Jul 2010-Dec 2012).
- Teaching at graduate/post-graduate level in University of Ulster, UK. This includes taking lectures/tutorials/labs (Oct 2007- Jul 2010), as part-time teaching assistant.
- INSA visiting researcher fellowship 2019
- Selected as student of the year in 2011 in PhD graduation.
- Vice Chancelor’s research scholarship (VCRS) in 2007 for PhD at UU.
- Secured 1st Position in M. Tech University with CGPA 9.60
- Life Member of Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT)
- Member of Indian Physics Association (IPA)
- Member of the Institutions of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Lifetime member Northern Ireland Biomedical Engineering Society (NIBES)
Total number of publications : 95
Citations: > 1280
h-index/ i-10 index: 19 / 38
Total projects (in INR): 2.5 Crore (approx.)
Hobbies: Astrology, Reiki and Meditation
Book Chapters: 8
- Microfluidics and lab-on-a-chip, A. Mathur, S. Roy, Electrochemical Sensors, Woodhead publishing (2022), doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-823148-7.00010-6.
- Nanotoxicology: Exposure, Mechanism, and Effects on Human Health
- A.T. John, S. Wadhwa, A. Mathur: New Frontiers in Environmental Toxicology, 2022, Springer International Publishing, ISBN-978-3-030-72173-2.
- Journey of Agricultural Sensors—From Conventional to Ultra-Modern
- A Mathur, S Wadhwa, S Nagabooshanam, S Roy: Biosensors in agriculture: Future trends and perspectives, 2021, Springer International publishing, ISBN-978-3-030-66164-9.
- Microfluidics: A platform for futuristic sensors
- A Mathur, S Wadhwa: Biosensors: An Introductory Textbook, Pan Stanford publishing, 2017, ISBN-13: 978-9814745949.
- Carbon Nanotubes in Electrochemical Sensing
- S Wadhwa, A Mathur, S S Roy: Introduction to carbon nanomaterials, 2017, Bentham Publications, 2017, ISBN-978-1-68108-596-8
- Say Hello to Carbon Nanotubes
- A Mathur, S Wadhwa, S S Roy: Introduction to carbon nanomaterials, 2018, Bentham Publications, 2017, ISBN-978-1-68108-596-8
- Microfluidic devices and their applications in modern agriculture system
- S Vasantham, S Nagabooshanam, S Wadhwa, A Mathur; Nanoscience for Sustainable Agriculture, 2019, Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-97852-9
- Few biomedical applications of carbon nanotubes
- N Yadav, M Tyagi, S Wadhwa, A Mathur, J Narang, 2020, Academic Press, Elsevier
||Month & Year
||Status Indian/ International
||Portable low-cost nano-manufacturing system for the synthesis and conjugation of nanoparticles for biomedical applications. (UK patent, provisional)
||Label free diagnosis of allergy to drugs using a point of care (PoC) device based on micro fluidic platform.
(Indian patent, provisional)
||A novel hand held micro-electrode sensor for detecting fuel adulteration based on micro-fluidic platform
(Indian patent, provisional)
||A portable, low cost microfluidic system for clean synthesis of nanoparticles
(Indian patent, provisional)
||A microfluidic based point-of-care cardiac marker (Troponin-I) detection system for early detection of acute myocardial infaraction
(Indian patent, provisional)
||A miniaturised sensor based on microfluidic platform for caffeine detection from food samples
(Indian patent, provisional)
||A novel hand-held Chemical free, Milk Adulteration test kit based on Micro fluidic sensor platform
||Naked-eye quantitative assay on paper device for date rape drug sensing via smart phone
||An economical portable paper based chikungunya geno-sensor for resource constrained settings
||MnO2 Nanofibres based Bisphenol-A Electrochemical sesnsor
||Smart bandage for impedimetric detection of L-tyrosine in diabetic foot ulcer (DFU) patients.
||An electronic stethoscope for comprehensive cardiac diagnosis through iot connectivity
||A system for detection of organophosphates pesticides and method thereof
||Breath analysis device
||Breath analyzer (Granted)
||Design Certificate 351877-001
||A method to develop an electroanalytical biosensor for acetylcholine detection
||Design and development of a novel device for the point of care monitoring of acetylcholine
||Design application submitted
- Outstanding Academic Excellence Award in Recent Advances in Material Science and Nanotechnology (RAMAN- 2021), International Conference
- Instrumental in 8 MoUs ( 2 international and 6 national )
- INSA visiting researcher fellowship 2019
- Selected as student of the year in 2011 in PhD graduation (Ulster, UK).
- Vice Chancelor’s research scholarship (VCRS) in 2007 for PhD.
- Secured 1st Position in the University with CGPA 9.60 in M.Tech
- Secured 1st Position in DAV College for B.Sc. (Electronics) during Academic Year 2000-2003.
- Secured ‘A’ grade in final examination of DOEACC in ‘A’ level.
Research grants: Ongoing
||Role (as PI/Co-PI)
|A novel device for detecting the proximal extent of pathology (Leveling) in Hirschsprung disease
||BIRAC, BIG 17
||INR ~50 Lacs
(Nov 2021 – till date)
Research grants: Completed
|Role (as PI/Co-PI)
|A microfluidic based point-of-care cardiac marker (Troponin I) detection system for early detection of acute myocardial infraction
||Young scientist scheme, Dept. of science and technology, New Delhi, India
||INR 27.12 lacs
|Facilitating the Intelligent Management of Chronic Wounds in Diabetic Patients: Developing Accessible Wound Monitoring Technologies
||DST- UKIERI Call for Research Proposals 2016
||INR ~70 Lacs
||3 yrs (2017-20)
||PI- Indian side
|Study of Metal-Organic Framework and Graphene Nanostructures for Monitoring of Organophosphate Pesticides in Food Chain Using Microfluidic sensors
||National Fund for Basic, Strategic & Frontier Application Research in Agriculture,
Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi India
|INR 1.77 Crore
|Enhancing the sensitivity of point-of-care cardiac marker detection using interdigitated impedimetric immunosensor arrays
|High resolution magnetic characterisations of Carbon Nanomaterials (CNMs) for nanodevices/nanosensor applications.
|Fabrication of carbon nanotube arrays in microfluidic channels/devices and their applications for blood analytes separation and detection.
- S. Nagabooshanam, S. Roy, S. Wadhwa, A. Mathur, S. Krishnamurthy, L.M. Bharadwaj, (2022), Ultra-Sensitive Immuno-Sensing Platform Based on Gold-Coated Interdigitated Electrodes for the Detection of Parathion, Surfaces, doi.org/10.3390/surfaces5010009.
- A. Mishra, R. Pilloton, S. Jain, S. Roy, M. Khanuja, A. Mathur, J. Narang, (2022), Paper based Electrodes Conjugated with Tungsten Disulfide Nanostructure and Aptamer for Impedimetric Detection of Listeria monocytogenes. Biosensors (IF – 5.51), doi.org/10.3390/bios12020088.
- K. Bisaria, S. Wadhwa, A. Mathur, S. Roy, A. Dixit, R. Singh, (2022), New bismuth oxyiodide/chitosan nanocomposite for ultrasonic waves expedited adsorptive removal of amoxicillin from aqueous medium: kinetic, isotherm and thermodynamic investigations, Environmental Science and Pollution Research (IF – 4.22), doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-17546-8.
- S. Roy, S. Sain, S. Wadhwa, S. Dubey, A. Mathur, S.S. Roy (2021), Electrochemical impedimetric analysis of different dimensional (0D-2D) carbon nanomaterials for effective biosensing of L-Tyrosine, Measurement Science and Technology (IF – 2.05), doi:10.1088/1361-6501/ac2cf3.
- Ashish Mathur, Hari Chandra Nayak, Shailendra Rajput, Souradeep Roy, Shalini Nagabooshanam, Shikha Wadhwa, Ranjit Kumar (2021) An Enzymatic Multiplexed Impedimetric Sensor Based on α-MnO2/GQD Nano-Composite for the Detection of Diabetes and Diabetic Foot Ulcer Using Micro-Fluidic Platform, Chemosensors (IF – 3.39), https://doi.org/10.3390/chemosensors9120339.
- S. Roy, S. Nagabooshanam, N. Chauhan, R. Kumar, S. Wadhwa, A. Mathur (2021), Design and development of a novel flexible wearable molecularly imprinted electroanalytical sensor for the monitoring of diabetic foot ulcers, Surfaces and Interfaces (IF – 4.83), doi:10.1016/j.surfin.2021.101310.
- S. Wadhwa, S. Roy, N. Mittal, A. John, S. Midha, S. Mohanty, K.S. Vasanthan, A. Mathur (2021), Self-aligned mesoporous titania nanotubes-reduced graphene oxide hybrid surface: A potential scaffold for osteogenesis, International Journal of Materials Research (IF - 0.74), doi.org/10.1515/ijmr-2020-8029.
- Yogesh, A. K. Dubey, R. R. Arora, A. Mathur (2021), Fruit Defect Prediction Model (FDPM) based on Three-Level Validation, Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation (IF – 1.99), doi.org/10.1007/s10921-021-00778-6.
- AK Gupta, M Khanna, S Roy, S Nagabooshanam, R Kumar, S Wadhwa, A Mathur (2021), Design and development of a portable resistive sensor based on α‐MnO2/GQD nanocomposites for trace quantification of Pb(II) in water, IET Nanobiotechnology (IF-1.85), doi: 10.1049/nbt2.12042.
- R Barber, S Cameron, A Devine, A McCombe, L. Kirsty Pourshahidi, J Cundell, S Roy, A Mathur, C Casimero, P Papakonstantinou, J Davis (2021), Laser induced graphene sensors for assessing pH: Application to wound management, Electrochemistry Communications (IF-4.72), doi: 10.1016/j.elecom.2020.106914.
- M Khanna, S Roy, A Mathur, AK Dubey and R Vashisth (2021), Analysis of voltage distribution in electrowetting on Dielectric (EWOD) system, Materials Today: Proceedings, doi: 10.1016/j.matpr.2020.06.485.
- S Nagabooshanam, S Roy, S Deshmukh, S Wadhwa, I Sulania, A Mathur, S Krishnamurthy, LM Bharadwaj, SS Roy (2020), Microfluidic Affinity Sensor Based on a Molecularly Imprinted Polymer for Ultrasensitive Detection of Chlorpyrifos. ACS Omega (IF-3.52), doi: 10.1021/acsomega.0c04436.
- S Nagabooshanam, S Sharma, S Roy, A Mathur, S Krishnamurthy, LM Bharadwaj (2020), Development of Field Deployable Sensor for Detection of Pesticide from Food Chain. IEEE Sensors Journal (IF-3.30), doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2020.3030034.
- S Roy, K Bisaria, S Nagabooshanam, A Selvam, S Chakrabarty, S Wadhwa, R Singh, A Mathur, J Davis (2020), An electroanalytical paper-based wound dressing using ZIF-67/C3N4 nanocomposite towards the monitoring of Staphylococcus aureus in diabetic foot ulcer. IEEE Sensors Journal (IF-3.30), doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2020.3018019.
- M Gupta, D Singh, SP Singh, A Mathur, S Wadhwa, AK Jaiswal, DK Singh and RR Yadav (2020), Ultrasonic and thermophysical studies of ethylene glycol nanofluids containing TiO2 nanoparticles and their heat transfer enhancements. Johnson Matthey Technology Review (IF-2.34), doi: 10.1595/205651320X15940360546454.
- J Bala, S Roy, AT John, S Wadhwa, A Mathur, D Singh, D Devi and A Tripathi (2020), Ion beam modified TiO2 nanotubular bio-interface for electrochemical detection of L-tyrosine towards smart bandage application. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (IF-5.26) 195, 111239.
- S Roy, S Nagabooshanam, S Wadhwa, N Chauhan, A Mathur, SA Khan and J Davis (2020), Ultra-sensitive detection of L-tyrosine using molecularly imprinted electrochemical sensor towards diabetic foot ulcer detection, Electrochemistry Communications (IF-4.72) 117, 106782.
- S Wadhwa, AT John, A Mathur, M Khanuja, G Bhattacharya, SS Roy, SC Ray, (2020) Engineering of luminescent graphene quantum dot-gold (GQD-Au) hybrid nanoparticles for functional applications, MethodsX 7, 100963.
- AK Gupta, S Roy, S Nagabooshanam, S Wadhwa, S Aravindan, D Singh, A Mathur and R Kumar (2020), Label-free Electrochemical Detection of Dibenzofuran Using MnO2 Nanofibres, IEEE Sensors Journal (IF-3.30) 20 (21), 12537-12542.
- R Gupta, MO Valappil, A Sakthivel, A Mathur, CS Pundir, K Murugavel, J Narang and S Alwarappan (2020), Tungsten disulfide Quantum Dots Based Disposable Paper Based Lab on GenoChip for Specific Meningitis DNA Detection, Journal of The Electrochemical Society (IF-3.72) 167(10), 107501.
- S Roy, S Nagabooshanam, K Krishna, S Wadhwa, N Chauhan, U Jain, R Kumar, A Mathur and J Davis (2020) Electroanalytical sensor for diabetic foot ulcer monitoring with integrated electronics for connected health application, Electroanalysis (IF-3.22) 32(9), 2082-2089.
- S Wadhwa, A Mathur, R Pendurthi, U Singhal, M Khanuja, SS Roy (2020), Titania-based porous nanocomposites for potential environmental applications, Bulletin of Materials Science (IF-1.39) 43 (1), 1-9.
- K Behl, P SeshaCharan, M Joshi, M Sharma, A Mathur, MS Kareya, PP Jutur, A Bhatnagar, S Nigam (2020), Multifaceted applications of isolated microalgae Chlamydomonas sp. TRC-1 in wastewater remediation, lipid production and bioelectricity generation, Bioresource Technology (IF-7.53) 304, 122993.
- S Wadhwa, AT John, S Nagabooshanam, A Mathur, J Narang (2020), Graphene quantum dot-gold hybrid nanoparticles integrated aptasensor for ultra-sensitive detection of vitamin D3 towards point-of-care application, Applied Surface Science (IF-6.70) 521, 146427.
- S Nagabooshanam, AT John, S Wadhwa, A Mathur, S Krishnamurthy, LM Bharadwaj (2020), Electro-deposited nano-webbed structures based on polyaniline/multi walled carbon nanotubes for enzymatic detection of organophosphates, Food Chemistry (IF-6.30) 323, 126784.
- S Vasantham, R Alhans, C Singhal, S Nagabooshanam, S Nissar, T Basu, SC Ray, S Wadhwa, J Narang, A Mathur (2020), Paper based point of care immunosensor for the impedimetric detection of cardiac troponin I biomarker Biomedical Microdevices (IF-2.17) 22 (1), 6.
- S Roy, S Nagabooshanam, S Wadhwa, R Kumar, A Mathur, AK Dubey (2020), A label-free impedimetric sensor based on αMnO2/tyrosinase hybrid for monitoring of diabetic foot ulcers, 7th International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN), 1157-1161.
- S Cameron, R Barber, C Scott, C Casimero, C Hegarty, L O’Loughlin, K Pourshahidi, P Papakonstantinou, S Roy, J Davis, A Mathur (2020), Laser Scribed Polyimide as a Platform for Monitoring pH within Smart Bandages, 7th International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN), 654-658.
- C Scott, S Cameron, J Cundell, A Mathur, J Davis (2020), Adapting Resistive Sensors for Monitoring Moisture in Smart Wound Dressings, Current Opinion in Electrochemistry (IF-5.57) 23, 31-35.
- M Khanna, A Mathur, AK Dubey, J McLaughlin, I Moirangthem, S Wadhwa, D Singh, R Kumar (2020), Rapid removal of lead (II) ions from water using iron oxide–tea waste nanocomposite–a kinetic study. IET Nanobiotechnology (IF-1.85).
- A Rana, M Killa, N Yadav, A Mishra, A Mathur, A Kumar, M Khanuja, J Narang, R Pilloton (2020), Graphitic Carbon Nitride as an Amplification Platform on an Electrochemical Paper-Based Device for the Detection of Norovirus-Specific DNA, Sensors (IF-3.99) 20 (7), 2070.
- S Roy, A John, S Nagabooshanam, A Mishra, S Wadhwa, A Mathur, J Narang, J Singh, N Dilawar, J Davis (2019), Self-aligned TiO2-Photo reduced graphene oxide hybrid surface for smart bandage application, Applied Surface Science (IF-6.70) 488, 261-268.
- A Mishra, T Fatima, J Narang, S K Shukla, R Rawal, A Mathur, A Jain, M Khanuja (2019), Self-Assembled Two-Dimensional Molybdenum Disulfide Nanosheet Geno-Interface for the Detection of Salmonella, ACS omega (IF-3.52) 4 (12), 14913-14919
- C Hegarty, S McKillop, RJ McGlynn, RB Smith, A Mathur, J Davis (2019), Microneedle array sensors based on carbon nanoparticle composites: interfacial chemistry and electroanalytical properties, Journal of Materials Science (IF-3.55) 54 (15), 10705-10714
- A McLister, C Casimero, A McConville, C M Taylor, C L Lawrence, R B Smith, A Mathur, J Davis (2019), Design of a smart sensor mesh for the measurement of pH in ostomy applications, Journal of Materials Science (IF-3.55) 54 (14), 10410-10419
- D Singh, C Tripathy, R Paikaray, A Mathur, S Wadhwa (2019), Behaviour of ultrasonic properties on SnAs, InTe and PbSb, Engineering and Applied Science Research 46 (2), 98-105
- A McConville, A Mathur, J Davis (2019), Palladium Nanoneedles on Carbon Fiber: Highly Sensitive Peroxide Detection for Biomedical and Wearable Sensor Applications IEEE Sensors Journal (IF-3.30) 19 (1), 34-38
- S Nagabooshanam, S Roy, A Mathur, I Mukherjee, L Bharadwaj, S Krishnamurthy (2019) Electrochemical micro analytical device interfaced with portable potentiostat for rapid detection of chlorpyrifos using acetylcholinesterase conjugated metal organic framework using Internet of things Scientific Reports (IF-3.99)
- J Narang, C Singhal, M Khanuja, A Mathur, A Jain, CS Pundir (2018), Hydrothermally synthesized zinc oxide nanorods incorporated on lab-on-paper device for electrochemical detection of recreational drug Artificial cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology (IF-3.34) 46 (8), 1586-1593
- C Singhal, A Dubey, A Mathur, CS Pundir, J Narang (2018), Paper based DNA biosensor for detection of chikungunya virus using gold shells coated magnetic nanocubes Process Biochemistry (IF-2.95) 74, 35-42
- A Mathur, R Gupta, S Kondal, S Wadhwa, RN Pudake, R Kansal, CS Pundir, J Narang. (2018) A new tactics for the detection of S. aureus via paper based geno-interface incorporated with graphene nano dots and zeolites. International journal of biological macromolecules (IF-5.16) 112, 364-370
- J Narang, C Singhal, A Mathur, AK Dubey, A Anil, CS Pundir. (2018) Naked-eye quantitative assay on paper device for date rape drug sensing via smart phone APP Vacuum (IF-2.90) 153, 300-305
- A Mathur , T Maity , S Wadhwa , B Ghosh , S Sarma, Sekhar C Ray , Bhaskar Kaviraj, Susanta S Roy, Saibal Roy. (2018) Magnetic properties of microwave-plasma (thermal) chemical vapour deposited Co-filled (Fe-filled) multiwall carbon nanotubes: comparative study for magnetic device applications Materials Research Express (IF-1.41) 5, 076101
- Khanna, M., Roy, S., Kumar, R., Wadhwa, S., Mathur A., Dubey, A.K. (2018) MnO2Based Bisphenol-A Electrochemical Sensor Using Micro-Fluidic Platform IEEE Sensors Journal (IF-3.30), 18 (6), pp. 2206-2210
- Alhans, R., Singh, A., Singhal, C., Narang, J., Wadhwa, S., Mathur A, (2018) Comparative analysis of single-walled and multi-walled carbon nanotubes for electrochemical sensing of glucose on gold printed circuit boards Materials Science and Engineering C (IF-5.88), 90.
- Gupta, R., Wadhwa, S., Mathur, A., Dubey, A.K. (2017) Designing of a microelectrode sensor-based label free milk adulteration testing system IEEE Sensors Journal (IF-3.30), 17 (18), art. no. 7992996, pp. 6050-6055
- McLister A, Mathur A, Davis J, (2017) Wound diagnostics: Deploying electroanalytical strategies for point of care sensors and smart dressings Current opinion in electrochemistry (IF-5.57), Volume 3 (1), Pages 40-45
- Narang, J., Malhotra, N., Singhal, C., Mathur, A., PN, A.K., Pundir, C.S. (2017) Detection of alprazolam with a lab on paper economical device integrated with urchin like [email protected] Pd shell nano-hybrids Materials Science and Engineering C (IF-5.88), 80, pp. 728-735.
- Bhattacharya G, Sas S, Wadhwa S, Mathur A, McLaughlin, JAD, and Roy, SS (2017) Aloe vera assisted facile green synthesis of reduced graphene oxide for electrochemical and dye removal applications RSC Advances (IF-3.07), 7 (43), pp. 26680-26688
- Narang J, Singhal C, Mathur A, Khanuja M, Varshney A, Garg K, Dahiya T, and Pundir CS, (2017) Lab on paper chip integrated with [email protected] for electroanalysis of diazepam Analytica Chimica Acta (IF-5.97), 980, Pages 50-57
- Narang J, Malhotra N, Singhal C, Mathur A, Chakraborty D, Anil A, Ingle A, and Pundir CS, (2017) Point of care with micro fluidic paper based device incorporated with nanocrystal of Zeolite –GO for electrochemical sensing of date rape drug Biosensors and Bioelectronics (IF-10.25) 8 17
- Bhattacharya G, Mathur A, Pal S, McLaughlin, JAD, and Roy, SS (2016) Equivalent Circuit Models and Analysis of Electrochemical Impedance Spectra of Caffeine Solutions and Beverages Int. J. Electrochem. Sci (IF-1.57) 11 6370
- Wadhwa S, Mathur A,. Hamilton J. W. J, Dunlop P. S. M., and Byrne J. A. (2015) Photo-Electrochemical Properties of Anodised Titania Nanotube Arrays Annealed in Nitrogen Atmosphere, Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine 7 10
- Narang, J., Chauhan, N., Mathur, A., Chaturvedi, V., Pundir, C.S. (2015) A third generation bilirubin sensor development by using gold nanomaterial as an immobilization matrix for signal amplification Advanced Materials Letters, 6 (11), pp. 1012-1017.
- Mukhopadhyay, S, Banerjee, JP, Mathur, A, Tweedie, M, McLaughlin, JAD, and Roy, SS, (2015) Experimental studies of surface-driven capillary flow in PMMA microfluidic devices prepared by direct bonding technique and passive separation of micro-particles in microfluidic laboratory-on-a-chip systems, Surface Review and Letters (IF-0.835) 22 1550050
- Ray, S.C., Tetana, Z.N., Erasmus, R., Mathur, A., Coville, N.J. (2014) Carbon spheres for energy applications: Raman and X-ray photoemission spectroscopy studies International Journal of Energy Research (IF-3.74), 38 (4), pp. 444-451.
- Ray, SC, Tetana Z N, Erasmus R, Mathur A and Coville N J (2013) Bonding Configurations in Carbon Spheres and Nitrogen Doped Carbon Spheres: Raman and X-ray Photoemission Spectroscopy Studies, International Journal of Energy Research (IF-3.74) 38, 444
- Mariotti D, Svrˇcek V, Mathur A, Dickinson C, Matsubara K and Kondo M (2013) Carbon nanotube growth activated by quantum-confined silicon nanocrystals J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. (IF-3.16) 46
- Mathur, A, Roy, SS, Ray, SC, Dickinson, C, and McLaughlin, JAD (2012) “Growth and micro-structural characterisation of highly oriented vertically aligned MWCNT on various substrates produced by thermal CVD” Adv. Sci. Lett. 7, 21
- Mathur, A, Wadhwa S., Roy, SS, Hazra K. S., Ray S.C., Misra D. S., Mitra S. K.,and McLaughlin, JAD (2012) Oxygen plasma assisted end-opening and field emission enhancement in vertically aligned multiwall carbon nanotubes Mat. Chem. Phys. (IF-3.40) 134, 425
- Mathur, A, Roy, SS, Ray, SC, Dickinson, C, and McLaughlin, JAD (2011) Enhancement of field emission characteristics of carbon nanotubes on oxidation J. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (IF-1.35), 11 8.
- Wadhwa, S, Rea, C, O’Hare, P, Mathur A, Burke, GA, Roy, SS Byrne, J, Meenan B, and McLaughlin, JAD (2011) Comparative In Vitro cyto – toxicity study of titania and carbon nanotubes on human lung epithelial cells Journal of Hazardous Materials (IF-9.03), 191, 56
- Mukhopadhyay, S, Roy, SS, Mathur, A, D’Sa, RA, Holmes, RJ and McLaughlin, JAD (2011) Effects of nanoscale surface modifications on capillary flow in PMMA microfluidic devices Nanoscale Research Letters (IF-3.58). 6, 411
- Hazra K S, Rafiee J, Rafiee M, Mathur A, Roy S S, McLauhglin JAD, Koratkar N, and Misra D S (2011) Controlled Thinning of Multi-layer Graphene to Mono-Layer Graphene by Plasma Treatment: Nanotechnology (IF-3.55) 22
- Mathur A, Roy, SS, Tweedie, M, Hazra K. S., Dickinson, C, Misra D. S., Mitra S. K., , and McLaughlin, JAD (2011) “A comparative study of the growth, microstructural and electrical properties of multiwall CNTs grown by thermal and microwave plasma enhanced CVD methods:” Physica E (IF-3.57), 44 1
- Mathur, A, Roy, SS, Hamad, EH and McLaughlin, JAD (2010) “Carbon nanotube arrays as a filter in microfluidic channels for bio-sensing applications” MRS fall 2009 meeting proceedings 1205-L09-12
- Waghmare, P, Mathur, A, Roy, SS, Mitra, SK and McLaughlin, JAD (2008) “Numerical simulation for geometry optimization of CNT based filters” Proceedings of ECI International Conference on Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow in microscale
- Mathur, A, Roy, SS and McLaughlin, JAD (2010) Transferring vertically aligned carbon nanotubes onto a polymeric substrate using a hot embossing technique for microfluidic applications. Journal of The Royal Society Interface (IF-3.74), 7, 1129
- Mathur, A, Roy, SS, Hazra, KS, Misra, DS and McLaughlin, JAD (2010) Growth of carbon nanotube arrays using nanosphere lithography and their application in field emission devices. Diamond and Related Materials (IF-2.65), 19, 914
- Mukhopadhyay, S, Roy, SS, Mathur, A, Tweedie, M and McLaughlin, JAD (2010) Experimental study on capillary flow through polymer microchannel bends for microfluidic applications. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering (IF-2.14), 20 (5)
- Mathur, A, Roy, SS, Dickinson, C and McLaughlin, JAD (2010) Effect of thin aluminum interlayer on growth and microstructure of carbon nanotubes. Current applied physics (IF-2.28), 10, 407
- Mukhopadhyay, S, O'Keeffe, P, Mathur, A, Tweedie, M, Roy, SS and McLaughlin, JAD (2009) Effect of Surface Modification on laminar Flow in Microchannels Fabricated by UV-Lithography. e-Journal of Surface Science and Nanotechnology (IF-0.63), 7 . pp. 330-334. ISSN 1348-0391
- Mathur, A, Wadhwa, S, Byrne, JA, Roy, SS and McLaughlin, JAD (2009) Experimental Demonstration of Hydrophobicity Variation in Carbon Nanotubes by Surface Modifications. e-Journal of Surface Science and Nanotechnology (IF-0.63), 7 . pp. 334-336. ISSN 1348-0391
- Mathur, A, Roy, SS, Tweedie, M, Mukhopadhyay, S, Mitra, SK and McLaughlin, JAD (2009) Characterisation of PMMA microfluidic channels and devices fabricated by hot embossing and sealed by direct bonding. Current applied physics (IF-2.28), 9 6
- Mathur, A, Tweedie, M, Roy, SS, Maguire, PD and McLaughlin, JAD (2009) Electrical and Raman Spectroscopic Studies of Vertically Aligned Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology (IF-1.35), 9 7
- Roy, S.S., Mukherjee, D., Mathur, A. and McLaughlin, J.A.D (2009) Sustainability of functional DLC coatings onto thin polymers for food and electronic device packaging. In 20th European Conference on Diamond, Diamond-Like Materials, Carbon Nanotubes and Nitrides.
- Mathur, A., Roy, S.S. and McLaughlin, J.A.D (2009) Integration of carbon nanotube arrays in microfluidic channels for blood analytes separation and detection. In International Workshop on Nanotechnology-enables Sensors & Diagnostics.
- Mathur, A., Roy, S.S. and McLaughlin, J.A.D (2009) Integration of vertically aligned CNTs onto polymeric microfluidic devices using hot embossing. In UKSB 8th Annual Conference.
- Mathur, A., Hamad, E.M., Mukhopadhyay, S., Roy, S.S. and McLaughlin, J.A (2009) Microparticle filtration using carbon nanotubes and impedance characterisation for gold microelectrodes sensor system. MRS Online Proceedings Library Archive, 1205.
- Mathur, A., Roy, S.S., Hazra, K.S., Misra, D.S. and McLaughlin, J.A.D., 2009. Patterned growth of carbon nanotubes arrays and their application in field emission devices. In International Workshop on Nanotechnology-enables Sensors & Diagnostics.
- Mathur, A., Roy, S.S. and McLaughlin, J.A.D., 2009. Integration of carbon nanotube arrays in lab-on-a-chip system for blood analyses separation and detection. In MRS Fall Meeting.