Dr. Parswajit Kalita
- PhD (Physics), 2020, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
- Master of Science (Physics), 2014, University of Delhi
- B.Sc. (Physics (H)), 2012, Hindu College, University of Delhi
- Assistant Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun. October 2020 - Till Date.
- Visiting Researcher (PhD student), Universite Paris Sud, France. March 2017 – September 2017
Honours and Achievements:
- Graduate Student Award, European Materials Research Society, 2019.
- Raman-Charpak Fellowship, Indo French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (Govt. of India & Govt. of France), 2016.
- Best Oral Presentation Award, International Conference on Ion Beams for Materials Engineering & Characterizations, 2018.
- CSIR Foreign Travel Grant, CSIR, 2018.
- Best Presentation Award, Dept. of Physics IIT Delhi, 2019.
No. Papers published in journals: 8
No. Papers presented in conferences: 14
No. Citations: 63
Materials Science - Ion Beam Modification of Materials, Materials for Energy https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=nLsRH0wAAAAJ&hl=en
- P. Kalita, S. Ghosh, G. Gutierrez, P. Rajput, V. Grover, G. Sattonnay, D.K. Avasthi; Grain size effect on the radiation damage tolerance of cubic zirconia against simultaneous low and high energy heavy ions: Nano triumphs bulk; Scientific Reports (2021), 11, 10886
- P. Kalita, R. Shukla, S. Ghosh, S. Srivastava, N. Pathak, P. Kulriya, V. Grover, D.K. Avasthi, A.K. Tyagi; Insights into the effect of particle size on the low energy radiation response of ceria; Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2020, 124, 28, 15489-15499
- P. Kalita, S. Saini, P. Rajput, S.N. Jha, D. Bhattacharyya, S. Ojha, D.K. Avasthi, S. Bhattacharya, S. Ghosh; Oxygen vacancy mediated cubic phase stabilization at room temperature in pure nano-crystalline zirconia films: a combined experimental and first-principles based investigation; Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics (2019), 21, 22482
- P. Kalita, S. Ghosh, U.B. Singh, P.K. Kulriya, V. Grover, R. Shukla, A.K. Tyagi, G. Sattonnay, D.K. Avasthi; Investigating the effect of material microstructure and irradiation temperature on the radiation tolerance of yttria stabilized zirconia against high energy heavy ions; Journal of Applied Physics 125 (2019) 115902
- P. Kalita, S. Ghosh, G. Sattonnay, U.B. Singh, I. Monnet, D.K. Avasthi; Radiation response of nano-crystalline cubic zirconia: comparison between nuclear energy loss and electronic energy loss regimes; Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 435 (2018) 19 – 24
- P. Kalita, S. Ghosh, G. Sattonnay, U.B. Singh, V. Grover, R. Shukla, S. Amirthapandian, R. Meena, A.K. Tyagi, D.K. Avasthi; Role of temperature in the radiation stability of yttria stabilized zirconia under swift heavy ion irradiation: a study from the perspective of nuclear reactor applications; Journal of Applied Physics 122 (2017) 025902
- P. Kalita, S. Ghosh, D.K. Avasthi; Low energy radiation stability of nano-crystalline cubic zirconia films; Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 379 (2016) 116 − 118
- C.L. Prajapat, P. Kalita, P.U. Sastry, M.R. Singh, S.K. Gupta, G. Ravikumar; Effect of oxygen partial pressure on the magnetic properties of La2/3Sr1/3MnO3 films grown on SrTiO3 (111) substrates by pulsed laser deposition; Physica B 448 (2014) 100-102
Selected Conference Presentations:
- P. Kalita et al., How does the grain size, environmental temperature and irradiation type influence radiation damage? 6th International Conference on Nanostructuring by Ion Beams (ICNIB), 2021, Virtual mode. Contributed Oral.
- P. Kalita et al., Investigation of radiation damage in YSZ: studies in the perspective of materials for nuclear energy, E-MRS Spring Meeting, 2019, Nice, France. Contributed Oral.
- P. Kalita et al., Oxygen vacancy mediated Cubic phase stabilization at room temperature in pure nano-crystalline Zirconia films, 3rd Departmental Symposium on “Advances in Physics”, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2019, India. Contributed Oral & Poster.
- P. Kalita et al., Investigation of the Structural Behavior of YSZ under Ion Impact: Effect of Grain Size, Temperature & Specific Energy Loss, MRS Fall Meeting & Exhibit, 2018, Boston, USA. Contributed Oral.
- P. Kalita et al., Radiation tolerance against swift heavy ions: Effect of grain size and irradiation temperature, 10th International Symposium on Swift Heavy Ions in Matter & 28th International Conference on Atomic Collisions in Solids (SHIM-ICACS), 2018, Caen, France. Contributed Oral.
- P. Kalita et al., Dependence of the radiation stability on grain size, irradiation temperature and energy of irradiations: studies from the perspective of nuclear industrial applications, International Conference on Ion Beams for Materials Engineering and Characterization (IBMEC), 2018, New Delhi, India. Contributed Oral.
- P. Kalita et al., Radiation tolerance of Yttria stabilized Zirconia against SHI irradiation-Effect of grain size and temperature, 19th International Conference on Radiation Effects in Insulators (REI-19), 2017, Versailles, France. Contributed Oral.
Professional Memberships/Fellowship: Indian Physics Association (IPA) – Life Member
Personal Interests: Cricket, Reading