Dr. Rajeev Kumar Gupta
Sr. Associate Professor
PhD (Materials Science) 2003 from IUAC New Delhi/ Ranchi University, Ranchi
Master of Science (Physics) 1995, from CCS University, Meerut, India
Bachelor of Science (PCM) 1993, from CCS University, Meerut, India
Area of Specialization:
Multifunctional nanocomposite superhydrophobic coating for anti-icing and anti-dust coating for solar panels and wind turbine, corrosion resistant, drag reduction, anti-fogging, anti-microbial coating.
Superoleophobic coating for oil water separation, reduce wax deposition in oil pipelines, metal protection in oil and gas industries.
Ion beam Sputtering, Ion beam induced material modification
- Sr. Associate Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehardun. India. [July 2018- Till Date.]
- Associate Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehardun. India. [Jan 2013- June 2018.]
- Assistant Professor (SS), University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehardun. India. [Jan 2009- Dec 2014.]
- Asistant Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehardun. India. [Aug 2005- Jan 2009.]
- Sr. Lecturer, VIET, Dadri, UP, India [2000-2005]
- Lecturer BBIET & RC, Bulandsahar, UP, India [1998-2000]
- Lecturer-ADKMP Polytechnic, Mathura, UP, India [1997-1998]
- BRNS funded research project entitled “Investigation of radiation damage in WC nanostructures using ion beams for fusion reactor” 2021, Budget 34 Lakhs
- Inter University Accelerator Centre (IUAC) New Delhi) funded research project “Development of super hydrophobic transparent polymer coating induced by ion beams to increase the efficiency of solar panels by self-cleaning process” 2014, Budget 6.51 Lakhs
Honors and Achievements:
- A Published article (APL, Vo. 78, P 4136, 2001) has been included in the “Energy Citations Database” an official website of department of Energy (DOE), U.S.A. as bibliographic records of important literature in disciplines of interest to DOE
- Invited as guest scientist by Prof Franz Faupel, Christian-Albrechts-Universität, [CAU] Kiel, Germany from 23 June to 19th July 2017
- Life Member of Indian Physics Association (IPA)
- Characteristics of Mg doped TiO2 thin film based deep UV photodetector, Avijit Dalal, Madhuri Mishra, subhanandachakrabarti, Rajeev Gupta, Aniruddha Mondal is accepted in journal “vacuum”
- Effects of Dust on the Performance of solar panels- A Review, Raj Kumar Saini, Piush Verma, Rajeev Gupta, Devender Kumar Saini, is accepted in journal “ Energy & Environment”
- Stable and reversible phase change performance of glancing angle deposited TiO2 coated VO2 nano-columns and characteristics of W doped VO2 nano-columns; Adyasha Samal, Annu Kumar Lakshya, S. M. M. Dhar Dwivedi, Avijit Dalal, Anupam Ghosh, Argha Deep Paul, Rajat Mahapatra, Rajeev Kumar Gupta, Arjun Dey and Aniruddha Mondal, Ceramics International 47 (10), 14741-14749
- Performance of Three Phase Induction Motoroperatingat voltage variations- A Review, Raj K. Saini1 , Piush Verma2 , Devender K. Saini3 and Rajeev Gupta, Science & Technology Applications, 06–07, 2021
- Networked Microgrids for Reliable Load Sharing in Remote locations of Armed Force, Rahul Walawalkar CPS Pasricha, Rajeev Gupta, Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education, 12, (2021) 11,1898-1915
- SiO2 and ZnO Superhydrophobic Coatings Roughness Behavior Study Using Image Processing and Machine Learning; Adesh Kumar, Amrita Hooda, Aakanksha Devrari, Manjeet Singh Goyat, Rajeev Gupta, Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals 714 (1), 2021
- A review on fundamentals, constraints and fabrication techniques of super hydrophobic coatings Amrita Hooda, M.S. Goyat, Jitendra Kumar Pandey, Adesh Kumar, Rajeev Gupta, Progress in Organic Coatings 142 (2020) 105557.
- Recent progress in nano-oxides and CNTs based corrosion resistant superhydrophobic coatings: A critical review, Vipul Sharma, Vipul Sharma, M.S.Goyat, Amrita Hooda, Jitendra K.Pandey, Adesh Kumar, Rajeev Gupta, Avani Kumar Upadhyay, Rajiv Prakash, John Baptist Kirabira ,P. Mandal, Prashant Kumar Bhargava, Progress in Organic Coatings 140, 105512, 2020
- Performance Improvement of Three-Phase Squirrel Cage Induction Motor Operating Under Rated Voltages—A Design Consideration for Rural Areas, Raj Kumar Saini, Devender Kumar Saini, Rajeev Gupta, Piush Verma, Neeraj Gandotra, Ashwani Sharma, Robin Thakur, RP Dwivedi, Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices, 1-11, 2020
- Superior thermomechanical and wetting properties of ultrasonic dual mode mixing assisted epoxy-CNT nanocomposites, High Performance M.S. Goyat, Vikram Jaglan, Vikram Tomar, Guillaume Louchaert, Arun Kumar, Kaushal Kumar, Amneesh Singla, Rajeev Gupta, Uday Bhan, Santosh Kumar Rai and Sudesh Sharma, High Performance Polymers 31 (1), 32-42, 2019.
- A facile approach to develop modified nano-silica embedded polystyrene based transparent superhydrophobic coating; Amrita Hooda, M.S. Goyat , Adesh Kumar, Rajeev Gupta, Materials Letters 233 (2018) 340–343.
- Synthesis of nano-textured polystyrene/ ZnO coatings with excellent transparency and superhydrophobicity; Amrita Hooda , M.S. Goyat , Rajeev Gupta, Manish Prateek , Megha Agrawal, Abhijit Biswas Materials Chemistry and Physics 193 (2017) 447-452
- Challenges And Opportunities In Fabrication Of Transparent Superhydrophobic Surfaces, R.K.Gupta, P.Kumar, V.Yadav, S. Arora, D.P. Singh, S.K.Joshi, A.K. Chawla, A. Biswas Current Nanoscience 12, 429-447, 2016
- Superior thermomechanical and wetting properties of ultrasonic dual mode mixing assisted epoxy-CNT nanocomposites, High Performance Polymers,M.S. Goyat, Vikram Jaglan, Vikram Tomar, Guillaume Louchaert, Arun Kumar, Kaushal Kumar, Amneesh Singla, Rajeev Gupta, Uday Bhan, Santosh Kumar Rai and Sudesh Sharma
- Development of polystyrene/SiO2 superhydrophobic coating on metal substrate for corrosion protection, Energy Procedia (Springer), Abhishek Tiwari, Amit Gupta, Joel Justin, Sachin Mahato, Amrita Hooda, Rajeev Gupta, Piyush Kuchhal, M.S.Goyat.
- Development of environment-friendly superhydrophobic polystyrene/SiO2 coatings via sol-gel route, Energy Procedia (Springer) Rajeev Gupta, M.S. Goyat, Amrita Hooda, R.K. Singh, Sachin Mahato, Amit Gupta, Joel Justin and Abhishek Tiwari
- Influence of nanoparticle type, size and concentration on performance and safety of epoxy composite adhesively bonded metal joints: A Critical Review, Energy Procedia (Springer) Guillaume Louchaert, Rajnish Garg, Amneesh Singla, Rajeev Gupta and M.S. Goyat
- Effect On Superhydrophobic Surfaces On Electrical Porcelain Insulator, Improved Technique At Polluted Areas For Longer Life And Reliability; Isaac Ramalla, Rajeev K. Gupta, Kamal Bansal; International Journal Of Engineering & Technology, 4 (4), 509-519.2015
- Improvement and Assessment of Efficiency of Three Phase Induction Motor Operating Under the Rated Voltage”. Raj Kumar Saini, Devender Kumar Saini, Rajeev Gupta and Piush Verma. Design; Proceeding of International Conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 479, DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-1708-7_56
- Analysis of losses, Efficiency and performance optimization of three phase Induction motor operating under the Rated voltage, Raj Kumar Saini, Devender Kumar Saini, Rajeev Gupta and Piush Verma; Indian Journal of Science and Technology.
- Modification in Surface Chemistry of the Polyetrafluoroethylene Through Chemical Graft Copolymerization for Potential Oil Contamination Control; Rishi Dewan, Neeraj Kumar, Bhawna Yadav, Vandana Yadav, Abhijit Biswas, Parag Diwan, and Rajeev Gupta; Particulate Science And Technology Vol. 32 , Iss. 2,2014
- Polymer based antimicrobial coatings as potential biomaterial: a review. Shefali Arora, Vandana Yadav, Pankaj Kumar, Rajeev Gupta and Deepak Kumar Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 23(2), Nov – Dec 2013; N? 46, 279-290
- BER Performance of OFDM System with various OFDM frames in AWGN, Rayleigh and Rician Fading Channel; Rajeev Gupta, Salauddin Mohammad, Piyush Kuchhal; International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 10 (19), 39911-399, 2015
- FPGA Design and Implementation of FFT processor for OFDMA system Rajeev Gupta, Salauddin Mohammad, Piyush Kuchhal; International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 10 (24), 43923-439. 2015
- Optimized Design of Three Phase Squirrel Cage Induction Motor based on Maximum Efficiency Operating under the Rated Voltage – based on Software Platform; Saini Raj Kumar, Saini Devender Kumar, Gupta Rajeev, and Verma Piush; Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9(21), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i21/92002, June 2016
- Engineered Bone-Inspired Multicomponent Bionanocomposite Scaffolds With Tunable Hardness and Modulus. Matthew Labriola, Constance Slaboch, Timothy C. Ovaert, Tao Wang, George Csaba, Ilker S. Bayer, Enkeleda Dervishi, Alexandru S. Biris, Anindya Ghosh, Rajeev Gupta And Abhijit Biswas (2012) MRS Online Proceedings Library, RSS12-1465-SS02-05 DOI:10.1557/OPL.2012.1130
- Nanomaterials And Processes For Carbon Capture And Conversion Into Useful By-Products For A Sustainable Energy Future, 7. Michael Ashley,Charles Magiera, Punnamchandar Ramidi, Gary Blackburn, Timothy G Scott, Rajeev Gupta, Kerry Wilson, Anindya Ghosh, Abhijit Biswas, Greenhouse Gas Sci Technol. 2:419–444 (2012); DOI: 10.1002/GHG, 2012 Society Of Chemical Industry And John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
- Fabrication of nanodielectric BaTiO3 composites exhibiting stable capacitor functions in the high frequency (> 100 MHz) through interfacial polarization interactions. R. Gupta, A. Biswas, I. S. Bayer, A. Tripathi, E. H. Lock, S. G. Walton, M. G. Norton, D. K. Avasthi, L. A. Bumm, E. Suhir, A. R. Chowdhury, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, Vol.1, 1-8, 2009
- Nano-particle architecture in carbonaceous matrix upon swift heavy ion irradiation of polymer- metal nanocomposites. R. Gupta, A. Biswas, D. K. Avasthi, D Fink, J.Kanzow, U.Schurmann, S.J.Ding, O.C.Okatas, U.Saeed, V.Zaporojtchenko, F.Faupel, N.Kumar, Nuclear Instruments and Method, B 217 (2004), 39 – 50.
- Electronic Linear Energy Transfer dependent molecular structural growth in polyethylene Terephthalate R.Gupta, A Biswas, S.Lotha, D.K.Avasthi, S.N. Paul, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol 91, No. 9, 2002
- Recrystallisation in Polyvinyledene fluoride upon law fluence swift heavy ion impact. R. Gupta, Biswas, D Fink, D K Avasthi, N.Kumar, S Lotha, J.P.Singh, S.N.Paul, S.K.Bose, D.T.Khatting App. Phy. Lett. Vol. 78, 2001, No. 6.
- Supervisor of Ph.D. thesis of Mrs. Amrita Hooda “Development and pattern analysis of transparent super-hydrophobic nanocomposite coating for solar panel” from University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India - Completed
- Co-Supervisor of Ph.D. thesis of Mr Raj Kumar Saini “Design and Performance optimization of three phase squirrel cage induction motor for Rural Area Applications” from University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India - Completed
- Co-Supervisor of Ph.D. thesis of Col CPS Pasricha, “Architecture, Modeling and Simulation of an Integrated Intelligent Microgrid for Remote Military Stations of The Armed Forces” from University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India - Ongoing
- Co-Supervisor of Ph.D. thesis of Isaac R “Study of Di-Electric Properties of Porcelain Insulator with Nano Structured Super-Hydrophobic Coating” from University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India - Completed
- Co-Supervisor of Ph.D. thesis of Mh Salauddin “Tracking Loop Enhancements for mitigating signal interference and adjusting signal power” from University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India - Completed
- Supervisor of Ph.D. thesis of Mr. Neeraj Kumar entitled “Development of hydrophobic polymer induced by ion beams” - Completed
- Supervisor of Ph.D. thesis of Mr. Pravin Kumar entitled “Fabrication of hydrophobic thin film for industrial application.” - Completed]
- Co-supervisor of Ph.D. thesis of Mr. Rishi Diwan “Development of lyophobic property in polymer induced by ion beams” from University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India - Completed
- Encyclopedic Dictionary Of Nanoscience, Co-author: Parag Diwan, Rajeev K. Gupta, Publisher: Pentagon Press, New Delhi
- Encyclopedic Dictionary Of Solar Photovoltaic, Co-author: Parag Diwan, Rajeev Gupta, Publisher: Pentagon Press, New Delhi
- Engineering Electronics, Co-author: Rajeev Gupta & Abhijit Biswas, Publisher: Pragati Prakashan, Meerut, India.
- Solid State Device and Circuits, Co-author: Rajeev Gupta & Abhijit Biswas, Publisher: Pragati Prakashan, Meerut, India
- Electrical Engineering, Co-author: Rajeev Gupta & Abhijit Biswas, Publisher: Pragati Prakashan, Meerut, India.
- Experiments in Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Author: Rajeev Gupta, Publisher: Pragati Prakashan, Meerut, India.
Book Chapter/ Column in scientific magazine:
- Nanomaterials for water purification and waste water treatment, Springer Nature, Pankaj Chamoli, Rajeev Gupta,2022
- Self-Healing Coatings for Advanced Technology Applications, Rajeev Gupta, Abhijit Biswas, Narendra S. Parmar, Ilker S. Bayer, Vacuum Technology & Coating, 20-24, 2022
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Batteries for Advanced Electric Vehicle, Rajeev Gupta, Abhijit Biswas, Narendra S. Parmar, Ilker S. Bayer, Vacuum Technology & Coating, 1-4, 2022
- Doped ZnO nanostructures and its photocatalytic applications: Recent Progress, Handbook of Green and Sustainable Nanotechnology, 2022
- Role of Graphene and Graphene Derived Materials to Fight with COVID-19, Vamsi Krishna Kudapa, Ajay Mittal, Ishita Agrawal, Tejendra K Gupta, Rajeev Gupta, IntechOpen, England and Wales, 2021
- Advanced Nanomaterial Based Solutions to Mitigate the Challenges of COVID-19 Pandemic, Biotechnology Kiosk, 2, 2021, 3, 5-24
- Advances in Molecular Energetic Materials: High-Performance Chemically Driven Energy Generators, Rajeev Gupta, Abhijit Biswas, Narendra S. Parmar, Ilker S. Bayer, Vacuum Technology & Coating, 1-5, 2021
- BioMEMS for Life-Saving Biomedical Technologies, Biotechnology Kiosk, 3, 2021, 3
- Materials for diagnosis, prevention and control of Covid-19 pandemic, Biotechnology Kiosk, 2. 9 2021,4-17
- Integration of Energy Harvesting and Energy Storage in a Single Device: Nanotechnology Bringing Breakthrough Smart Energy Systems for Portable Electronics, Rajeev Gupta, Abhijit Biswas, Narendra S. Parmar, Ilker S. Bayer, Vacuum Technology & Coating, 20-24, 2019
- Synthesis, Optical Properties and Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering Applications of Noble Metal Nanoparticles Embedded in Polymers, Muthukumaran Packirisamy and Shuhui Sun Jai Prakash, Simona Badilescu, Rajeev Gupta, Hendrik Swart, Nanotechnology Science and Technology, 125-160., Nova Science Publishers, New York
- Integration of Energy Harvesting and Energy Storage in a Single Device: Nanotechnology Bringing Breakthrough Smart Energy Systems for Portable Electronics, Rajeev Gupta, Abhijit Biswas, Narendra S. Parmar, Ilker S. Bayer, Journal Vacuum Technology & Coating, Pages 1-5, 2019
Paper presentation/ attended seminars:
- Best research paper presentation award in entitled “Performance Improvement of Three Phase Induction Motor-A Review” Piush Verma, Devender K. Saini, Rajeev Gupta in International Conference on Emerging Technologies: AI, IoT, and CPS for Science & Technology Applications” jointly organized by Electronics and Communication Engineering & Electrical Engineering Department during September 6- 7, 2021.
- A Review of the Performance of three phase Induction Motors Operating at Varying Voltages Piush Verma, Raj Kumar Saini, Devender Kumar Saini and Rajeev Gupta, ENP Engineering Science Journal, 2020
- Development of environment friendly superhydrophobic polystyrene/SiO2 coatings via sol-gel route ”, International Conference on Nano for Energy and Water (NEW-2017), Amrita Hooda , M.S. Goyat , Rajeev Gupta, R.K. Singh, Manish Prateek Megha Agrawal, Abhijit Biswas, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. 22 – 24 Feb. 2017.
- Delivered a Talk on Contact angle Goniometer (CAG) at “Workshop on Advanced Materials Characterization by Sophisticated Instruments” organized by the Department of Physics, UPES on 17th February, 2017
- Delivered a Talk on effect of anti-icing coating on the wings of aircraft” at CYIENT, Hyderabad, India on 18th Jan , 2017
- M.S. Goyat, Amrita Hooda, Rajeev K. Gupta, “Thermomechanical response and toughening mechanisms of ZrO2-epoxy nanocomposite”, International Conference on Materials Science & Technology 2016 (ICMTech 2016), Conference Centre, Delhi University, New Delhi, India. 1 – 4 March 2016.
- Sudesh Sharma, P. Mandal, M.S. Goyat, Sanjay Kumar, Rajeev Gupta, “Absorption enhancement in CdS coated TiO2 solar cell material”, International Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy, Environment and Health (ICAM-2016), Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India, March 4-7, 2016.
- Paper presented on ‘The Digital Tracking Loop Enhancements for Mitigating Signal Interference in DVB-H and DVB-T, Salauddin Mohammad, Piyush Kuchhal, and Rajeev Kumar Gupta; International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Control & Manufacturing Technology (ICICMT’2015) March 16-17, 2015 Abu Dhabi (UAE).
- “A Software approach for the prediction of Efficiency of three phase Induction motor at optimize iron losses”. Raj Kumar Saini, Devender Kumar Saini, Rajeev Gupta and Piush Verma. Accepted & presented in IEEE International conference on power electronic, Thapar University, Patiala (India) (978-1-5090-4530-3/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE
- Paper presented on ‘ Development of super hydrophobic coating for preventing ice deposit on wind turbines’ on 14th Feb 2014 in National Workshop on Renewable Energy Systems for Mountainous Regions: Issues and Challenges in Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Chandigarh. Vandana Yadav, Avanish K. Tiwari, R.K.Tripathi & Rajeev Gupta
- Paper presented on An anti-icing coating: a bright future in aviation industries in International Conference On Management Of Infrastructure (ICMI): Contemporary Issues & Way Forward (February 15, 2014), Vandana Yadav, Avanish K. Tiwari, R.K.Tripathi, Ajit Nigam & Rajeev Gupta
- Paper presented on hydrophobic coating and its application in two-day National conference on "Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications" at UPES Campus, Dehradun on January 9th & 10th, 2014Vandana Yadav1, Avanish K. Tiwari2, R.K.Tripathi3, Pravin Kumar & Rajeev Gupta
- Oral presentation entitled “Solar Energy: A great future with anti-dust coating” for in International Conference On Management Of Infrastructure (ICMI): Contemporary Issues & Way Forward (February 15-16, 2013)
- Oral presentation in 51th accelerator user workshop from Dec. 17-18, 2011 at IUAC on “Development of Super hydrophobic Polymeric Coating induced by swift heavy Ions”
- Oral presentation in Paper entitled “Development of Oleo-phobic Polymeric Surface Induced by Ion Beams” 6th Uttarakhand State Science & Technology Congress From 13-15 Nov,2011
- Oral presentation entitled “modification in the polymeric material induced by ion beams” Conference name: 13th International Conference of the International academy of physical Sciences –CONIAP-2011 from 14-16 June, 2011
- Oral Presentation in 5th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress (USSTC), 10th to 12th November, 2010 Dehradun, Uttrakhand
- Attended International Conference on Swift Heavy Ions in Materials Engineering and Characterization (SHIMEC 2010) Oct 6-9, 2010 Inter University Accelerator Centre, New Delhi, India
- Oral Presentation ‘development of anti-bacterial coating through ion beam’ in the Workshop on Ion beams for Biomaterial on 3rd August, 2010 at IUAC, New Delhi.
- Oral presentation in 47th accelerator user workshop from Dec. 17-18, 2009 at IUAC on Surface nano-patterning (nanoscale roughness) for enhancement of the lyophobic properties of polymer induced by swift heavy ions
- Attended two days National Seminar On Sustainable Development of Uttrakhand Through Non-Conventional Energy Resources from 15th to 16th July’10 organized by Uttrakhand Science Education & Research Centre (U-SERC) at Dehradun
- Attended two days national seminar on Analytical Science in Energy & Environment, at Indian Institute of Petroleum, Nov 19-20, 2009, Dehradun.
- Participate in one day regional conference for SDA’s, ESCO’s, EA’s, Industries, Government and Semi Government on Solar Energy Organized by Uttrakhand, Renewal Energy Development Authority, Dehradun at UPES, Dehradun, 20th June, 2009.
- Presented research paper entitled “Study of the evolution of various gases and the recrystallization effect induced by swift heavy ions in the polymers in First Uttranchal State Science Congress conference Organized by Uttranchal State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST) at Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun, India, 10th – 11th November, 2006)
- Attended a tutorial on Solar Photovoltaic Technologies: Basics to Application at Indian Association for Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, 29th to 31st January, 2007.
- Invited for the oral presentation at fourth international conferences MODEST, 10-14 Sept, 2006, San Sebastian, Spain.
- Presented research paper in National conference on Energy and Environment and Energy conservation held UPES, Dehradun, India, 7th Feb, 2006
- Attended national work shop on role of Institutions in developing Science and technologies in rural area held at Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun on 20th January, 2006.
- Participate in National Seminar on Perspective in Engineering Optics and Spectroscopy at Inderpresth Engineering College, Sahibabad, 27th April -29th April, 2005.
- Invited for the oral presentation at 4th international conference, MODEST- 2002, (30th June – 4th July), Budapest, Hungary.
- Oral presentation in National conference on Laser and Spectroscopy, held in Meerut, India. (28th – 31st Dec), 2001