Dr. Rajeev Kumar Gupta
Sr. Associate Professor (DOJ - 01.08.2005, Regular)
B.Sc. C. C. S. University, Meerut
M.Sc. (Physics) with 1st Division, C.C.S. University, Meerut
Ph.D. (Physics), Ranchi University, Ranchi
Area of Specialization:
Surface coating and functionalization
Superhydrophobic and icephobic surfaces and surface engineering
Ion beam modification of polymers
Polymers and surface functionalization
Research & Publications:
- Synthesis of nano-textured polystyrene/ ZnO coatings with excellent transparency and superhydrophobicity; Amrita Hooda , M.S. Goyat , Rajeev Gupta, Manish Prateek , Megha Agrawal, Abhijit Biswas Materials Chemistry and Physics 193 (2017) 447-452
- Challenges And Opportunities In Fabrication Of Transparent Superhydrophobic Surfaces, R.K.Gupta, P.Kumar, V.Yadav, S. Arora, D.P. Singh, S.K.Joshi, A.K. Chawla, A. Biswas Current Nanoscience 12, 429-447, 2016
- Development Of Nano Structured Super Hydrophobic Coating For The Electrical Safety Of Porcelain Insulator; R. Isaac R, Kamal Bansal International Journal Of Applied Engineering Research 10 (Number 19 (2015) Pp 40468-404
- Effect On Superhydrophobic Surfaces On Electrical Porcelain Insulator, Improved Technique At Polluted Areas For Longer Life And Reliability; Isaac Ramalla, Rajeev K. Gupta, Kamal Bansal; International Journal Of Engineering & Technology, 4 (4), 509-519.2015
- Improvement and Assessment of Efficiency of Three Phase Induction Motor Operating Under the Rated Voltage”. Raj Kumar Saini, Devender Kumar Saini, Rajeev Gupta and Piush Verma. Design; Proceeding of International Conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 479, DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-1708-7_56
- Analysis of losses, Efficiency and performance optimization of three phase Induction motor operating under the Rated voltage, Raj Kumar Saini, Devender Kumar Saini, Rajeev Gupta and Piush Verma; Indian Journal of Science and Technology.
- Modification in Surface Chemistry of the Polyetrafluoroethylene Through Chemical Graft Copolymerization for Potential Oil Contamination Control; Rishi Dewan, Neeraj Kumar, Bhawna Yadav, Vandana Yadav, Abhijit Biswas, Parag Diwan, and Rajeev Gupta; Particulate Science And Technology Vol. 32 , Iss. 2,2014
- Opto-thermal characterization of Neodymium-doped Zinc-Phosphate glasses, International Journal of Science, technology & Management , 4, (2014), Issue-1, Vol 1.1, S.K Joshi, B.S. Tewari, Santosh Dubey and Rajeev Gupta
- Determination of optical properties of Neodymium-doped Zinc-Phosphate glasses., International Journal of ChemTech Research, 8(1), (2015), 1346-1352, S. K. Joshi and Rajeev Gupta
- Polymer based antimicrobial coatings as potential biomaterial: a review. Shefali Arora, Vandana Yadav, Pankaj Kumar, Rajeev Gupta and Deepak Kumar Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 23(2), Nov – Dec 2013; N? 46, 279-290
- BER Performance of OFDM System with various OFDM frames in AWGN, Rayleigh and Rician Fading Channel; Rajeev Gupta, Salauddin Mohammad, Piyush Kuchhal; International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 10 (19), 39911-399, 2015
- FPGA Design and Implementation of FFT processor for OFDMA system Rajeev Gupta, Salauddin Mohammad, Piyush Kuchhal; International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 10 (24), 43923-439. 2015
- Optimized Design of Three Phase Squirrel Cage Induction Motor based on Maximum Efficiency Operating under the Rated Voltage – based on Software Platform; Saini Raj Kumar, Saini Devender Kumar, Gupta Rajeev, and Verma Piush; Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9(21), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i21/92002, June 2016
- Engineered Bone-Inspired Multicomponent Bionanocomposite Scaffolds With Tunable Hardness and Modulus. Matthew Labriola, Constance Slaboch, Timothy C. Ovaert, Tao Wang, George Csaba, Ilker S. Bayer, Enkeleda Dervishi, Alexandru S. Biris, Anindya Ghosh, Rajeev Gupta And Abhijit Biswas (2012) MRS Online Proceedings Library, RSS12-1465-SS02-05 DOI:10.1557/OPL.2012.1130
- Nanomaterials And Processes For Carbon Capture And Conversion Into Useful By-Products For A Sustainable Energy Future, 7. Michael Ashley,Charles Magiera, Punnamchandar Ramidi, Gary Blackburn, Timothy G Scott, Rajeev Gupta, Kerry Wilson, Anindya Ghosh, Abhijit Biswas, Greenhouse Gas Sci Technol. 2:419–444 (2012); DOI: 10.1002/GHG, 2012 Society Of Chemical Industry And John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
- Fabrication of nanodielectric BaTiO3 composites exhibiting stable capacitor functions in the high frequency (> 100 MHz) through interfacial polarization interactions. R. Gupta, A. Biswas, I. S. Bayer, A. Tripathi, E. H. Lock, S. G. Walton, M. G. Norton, D. K. Avasthi, L. A. Bumm, E. Suhir, A. R. Chowdhury, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, Vol.1, 1-8, 2009
- Nano-particle architecture in carbonaceous matrix upon swift heavy ion irradiation of polymer- metal nanocomposites. R. Gupta, A. Biswas, D. K. Avasthi, D Fink, J.Kanzow, U.Schurmann, S.J.Ding, O.C.Okatas, U.Saeed, V.Zaporojtchenko, F.Faupel, N.Kumar, Nuclear Instruments and Method, B 217 (2004), 39 – 50.
- Physicochemical Studies of Mn(II) Complexes of Anisaldehyde Derived Semicarbozone and Thiosemicarbozone, R. Gupta Navin Kumar, J.N.Sharma, B.Tiwari, A.Biswas, and Bulletin of Pure and Applied Sciences 23C (No. 2) 2004:P. 113-118
- Electronic Linear Energy Transfer dependent molecular structural growth in polyethylene Terephthalate R.Gupta, A Biswas, S.Lotha, D.K.Avasthi, S.N. Paul, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol 91, No. 9, 2002
- Recrystallization in Polyvinyledene fluoride upon law fluence swift heavy ion impact. R. Gupta, Biswas, D Fink, D K Avasthi, N.Kumar, S Lotha, J.P.Singh, S.N.Paul, S.K.Bose, D.T.Khatting App. Phy. Lett. Vol. 78, 2001, No. 6.
- Electronic Let Induced Recrystallisation In Polymers. R.Gupta, A.Biswas, D.Fink, S.N.Paul, S.Lotha, D.K.Avasthi, J.P.Singh, N.Kumar, S.K.Bose, Nuclear Science Centre, New Delhi, Annual Report, 1999- 2000
Funded "Research Project":
- “Development of superhydrophobic transparent polymer coating induced by ion beams to increase the efficiency of solar panels by self-cleaning process” (Funded by the Inter-University Accelerator Centre, New Delhi), budget -6, 51,000
Paper Presentation / attended Seminars :
- Development of environment-friendly superhydrophobic polystyrene/sio2 coatings via sol-gel route ”, International Conference on Nano for Energy and Water (NEW-2017), Amrita Hooda, M.S. Goyat, Rajeev Gupta, R.K. Singh, Manish Prateek Megha Agrawal, Abhijit Biswas University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. 22 – 24 Feb. 2017.
- Delivered a Talk on Contact angle Goniometer (CAG) at “Workshop on Advanced Materials Characterization by Sophisticated Instruments” organized by the Department of Physics, UPES on 17th February, 2017
- Delivered a Talk on the effect of anti-icing coating on the wings of aircraft” at CYIENT, Hyderabad, India on 18th Jan , 2017
- M.S. Goyat, Amrita Hooda, Rajeev K. Gupta, “Thermomechanical response and toughening mechanisms of ZrO2-epoxy nanocomposite”, International Conference on Materials Science & Technology 2016 (ICMTech 2016), Conference Centre, Delhi University, New Delhi, India. 1 – 4 March 2016.
- Sudesh Sharma, P. Mandal, M.S. Goyat, Sanjay Kumar, Rajeev Gupta, “Absorption enhancement in CdS coated TiO2 solar cell material”, International Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy, Environment and Health (ICAM-2016), Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India, March 4-7, 2016.
- Paper presented on ‘The Digital Tracking Loop Enhancements for Mitigating Signal Interference in DVB-H and DVB-T, Salauddin Mohammad, Piyush Kuchhal, and Rajeev Kumar Gupta; International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Control & Manufacturing Technology (ICICMT’2015) March 16-17, 2015 Abu Dhabi (UAE).
- “A Software approach for the prediction of Efficiency of three-phase Induction motor at optimize iron losses”. Raj Kumar Saini, Devender Kumar Saini, Rajeev Gupta and Piush Verma. Accepted & presented in IEEE International conference on power electronic, Thapar University, Patiala (India) (978-1-5090-4530-3/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE
- Paper presented on ‘ Development of super hydrophobic coating for preventing ice deposit on wind turbines’ on 14th Feb 2014 in National Workshop on Renewable Energy Systems for Mountainous Regions: Issues and Challenges in Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Chandigarh. Vandana Yadav, Avanish K. Tiwari, R.K.Tripathi & Rajeev Gupta
- Paper presented on An anti-icing coating: a bright future in aviation industries in International Conference On Management Of Infrastructure (ICMI): Contemporary Issues & Way Forward (February 15, 2014), Vandana Yadav1, Avanish K. Tiwari2, R.K.Tripathi3, Ajit Nigam4 & Rajeev Gupta
- Paper presented on hydrophobic coating and its application in two-day National conference on "Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications" at UPES Campus, Dehradun on January 9th & 10th, 2014Vandana Yadav1, Avanish K. Tiwari2, R.K.Tripathi3, Pravin Kumar & Rajeev Gupta
- Oral presentation entitled “Solar Energy: A great future with anti-dust coating” for in International Conference On Management Of Infrastructure (ICMI): Contemporary Issues & Way Forward (February 15-16, 2013)
- Oral presentation in 51th accelerator user workshop from Dec. 17-18, 2011 at IUAC on “Development of Super hydrophobic Polymeric Coating induced by swift heavy Ions”
- Oral presentation in Paper entitled “Development of Oleo-phobic Polymeric Surface Induced by Ion Beams” 6th Uttarakhand State Science & Technology Congress From 13-15 Nov,2011
- Oral presentation entitled “modification in the polymeric material induced by ion beams” Conference name: 13th International Conference of the International academy of physical Sciences –CONIAP-2011 from 14-16 June, 2011
- Oral Presentation in 5th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress (USSTC), 10th to 12th November, 2010 Dehradun, Uttrakhand
- Attended International Conference on Swift Heavy Ions in Materials Engineering and Characterization (SHIMEC 2010) Oct 6-9, 2010 Inter University Accelerator Centre, New Delhi, India
- Oral Presentation ‘development of anti-bacterial coating through ion beam’ in the Workshop on Ion beams for Biomaterial on 3rd August, 2010 at IUAC, New Delhi.
- Oral presentation in 47th accelerator user workshop from Dec. 17-18, 2009 at IUAC on Surface nano-patterning (nanoscale roughness) for enhancement of the lyophobic properties of polymer induced by swift heavy ions
- Attended two days National Seminar On Sustainable Development of Uttrakhand Through Non-Conventional Energy Resources from 15th to 16th July’10 organized by Uttrakhand Science Education & Research Centre (U-SERC) at Dehradun.
- Attended two days national seminar on Analytical Science in Energy & Environment, at Indian Institute of Petroleum, Nov 19-20, 2009, Dehradun.
- Participate in one day regional conference for SDA’s, ESCO’s, EA’s, Industries, Government and Semi Government on Solar Energy Organized by Uttrakhand, Renewal Energy Development Authority, Dehradun at UPES, Dehradun, 20th June, 2009.
- Presented research paper entitled “Study of the evolution of various gases and the recrystallization effect induced by swift heavy ions in the polymers in First Uttranchal State Science Congress conference Organized by Uttranchal State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST) at Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun, India, 10th – 11th November, 2006)
- Attended a tutorial on Solar Photovoltaic Technologies: Basics to Application at Indian Association for Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, 29th to 31st January, 2007.
- Invited for the oral presentation at fourth international conferences MODEST, 10-14 Sept, 2006, San Sebastian, Spain.
- Presented research paper in National conference on Energy and Environment and Energy conservation held UPES, Dehradun, India, 7th Feb, 2006.
- Attended national work shop on role of Institutions in developing Science and technologies in rural area held at Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun on 20th January, 2006.
- Participate in National Seminar on Perspective in Engineering Optics and Spectroscopy at Inderpresth Engineering College, Sahibabad, 27th April -29th April, 2005.
- Invited for the oral presentation at 4th international conference, MODEST- 2002, (30th June – 4th July), Budapest, Hungary.
- Oral presentation in National conference on Laser and Spectroscopy, held in Meerut, India. (28th – 31st Dec), 2001
Awards & Achievements:
- A Published article (APL, Vo. 78, P 4136, 2001) has been included in the “Energy Citations Database” an official website of Department of Energy (DOE), U.S.A. as bibliographic records of important literature in disciplines of interest to DOE