Dr. Naveen Kumar
Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
- PostDoc in HCI and Human factors from Department of Industrial and System Design, GNU, South Korea;
- PhD in HCI and UX Design from the Department of Design, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Masters in Instrument Design from National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra
- Bachelors in Instrumentation from University Science Instrumentation Centre, HNB GU (Central University)
Honours and Achievements:
- 2021, Best Poster Award, 9th Korean Society of Human Engineers Poster Competition, Organized by Ergonomic Society of Korea.
- 2020, Postdoctoral fellowship, National Research Foundation, South Korea.
- 2018, Mech-Expo 2018, Design Challenge (Theme-Human Robot Interaction), first prize, organized by makerspace, IIT Delhi.
- 2016, DEW 2016 Design Challenge (Theme-Internet of Thing), first prize, organized by Ministry of Foreign Affair, JAPAN & IIITDM, Jabalpur
- 2013, Teaching assistantship, provided by Ministry of Human Resource Development, India
- User research, User experience design, Software usability testing, Human-computer interaction, Human factors, Industry 4.0, Virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Naveen Kumar. & Lee, S. C.* (2022). Human-Machine Interface in Smart Factory: A Systematic Literature Review. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 174, 121284. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2021.121284
- Naveen Kumar, Jyoti Kumar (2019). Selection of Control Panel Design Using Cognitive Load Parameters Based on Physiological Data: An Experimental Study.The Design Journal: An International Journal for All Aspects of Design. Taylor & Francis, 22(5), 607-626, https://doi.org/10.1080/14606925.2019.1634446
- Naveen Kumar and Shhyam Prajapati (2019) Challenges for Interface Designers in Designing Sensor Dashboards in the Context of Industry 4.0, Open Ind. Manuf. Eng. Journal, vol. 13, pp. 539–542. doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3455623
- Naveen Kumar, Jyoti Kumar (2018). Efficiency 4.0 for Industry 4.0. Human Technology Journal,15(1), 55-78, DOI: https://doi.org/10.17011/ht/urn.201902201608
- Naveen Kumar and Jyoti Kumar (2016). Measurement of cognitive load in HCI systems using EEG power spectrum: An experimental study. Procedia Computer Science, 84, 70-78, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2016.04.068
- Naveen Kumar, Jyoti Kumar (2019) Proposal of user’s cognitive load centric methodology for HCI based control panel design. Book title ‘Human-Computer Interfaces and New Modes of Interactivity’, IGI Global.333-360, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-9069-9.ch019
- Bhatt A., Vaishnav S., Surana M., Naveen Kumar. (2021) i-HAWA: An Interactive Device for Providing Cognitive Breaks in the Workspace. In: Chakrabarti A., Poovaiah R., Bokil P., Kant V. (eds) Design for Tomorrow—Volume 1. ICoRD 2021. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, vol 221. Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-0041-8_38
- Harshita Hasani, Naveen Kumar (2020). Systemic Design for Household waste management in India, In Proceedings of Relating Systems Thinking and Design (RSD9).
- Priyam Parikh, Naveen Kumar, Reena Trivedi (2019). A new approach to design assistive robots humanizing design for the future. International Conference on Humanizing Design, World Design Organization Research and Education Forum, Hyderabad.
- Naveen Kumar, Maheshwari, V., & Kumar, J. (2016). A Comparative Study of User Experience in Online Social Media Branding Web Pages Using Eye Tracker. International conference on advances in human machine interaction. Bangalore: IEEE. DOI:10.1109/HMI.2016.7449165
- Naveen Kumar, & Kumar, J. (2016). Measurement of Efficiency of Auditory vs Visual Communication in HMI: A Cognitive Load Approach. International conference on advances in human machine interaction. Bangalore: IEEE. DOI:10.1109/HMI.2016.7449168.
- Jitesh Kumar Khatri, Naveen Kumar, Jyoti Kumar (2016) “Product form design suggestion using soft computing”. 2016 International Conference on Advances in Human Machine Interaction (HMI), 1-8, DOI: 10.1109/HMI.2016.7449199
- Sunny Bairisal, Naveen Kumar, Jyoti Kumar (2016). A Framework to Measure the Role of Users’ Aesthetic Attitude in Visual Appreciation of ICT Products. Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research. 3(12), 1115-1118.
- Naveen Kumar, Aarati Prakash Khare, Jyoti Kumar (2015). A Framework for Combined Evaluation by Usability and User Experience in E-learning Systems. Journal of advances in computer science and information technology, 2(13), 15-18.
- Kumar, N., Lim, C. H., & Lee, S. C. (2021). User Performance of AR Interactions in Smart Factory Context. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Ergonomics, 316-316.
- Sardar, S. K., Kumar, N., & Lee, S. C. (2021). A Preliminary Result of Systematic Literature Review on Human Status Detection using Machine Learning Techniques. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Ergonomics, 317-317.
- Naveen Kumar, Jyoti Kumar (2013). A Framework for Human Efficiency Measurement in Advanced Manufacturing: HCI in INDUSTRY4.0. A National Conference on Manufacturing: Vision for Future MVF2013, IIT Guwahati
- Naveen Kumar, Abhishek Dahiya, Vivek Shankar, and Jyoti Kumar, A Massaging Device for Treatment of Venous Stasis in Deep Vein Thrombosis; Patent application no-201611026565”. FER report submitted April 2021.
Communicated and under progress:
- Kumar, N., Lim, C. H., Sardar, S. K., Park, S. H., & Lee, S. C.* (Under Review). Effects of user interaction in VR environment on posture stability.
- Sardar, S. K., Kumar, N., & Lee, S. C.* (Under Review). A Systematic Literature Review on Machine Learning Techniques for Human Status Detection.
- IEEE MEMBER (Ref # 180618-000205)
- India HCI member 5051720
- Korea researcher registration no. 12652598, National research foundation, South Korea.
- Institute fellow of IIT Delhi
- Fellow of National Research Foundation South Korea