Dr. Ashish Mishra
Assistant Professor - Senior Scale
BE (Aeronautical Engineering), The Aeronautical Society of India, 2011
MS (Aerospace Engineering – Aircraft Structures), IIT Madras. 2014
Ph.D. (Aerospace Engineering), IIT Madras, 2018
Area of Specialization
Composite Materials, Impact Mechanics, Computational Mechanics and Stochastic modelling of materials.
I am currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Cluster at UPES. I hold a PhD (2018) and an M.S. (2014) in Aerospace Structures from IIT Madras in Chennai, India, both under the supervision of Prof. Sivasambu Mahesh,. I completed a Bachelor degree in Aeronautical Engineering from The Aeronautical Society of India in 2011. After completing B. E., I worked for approximately one year as a trainee engineer at DRDO (CABS), Bengaluru, India. Prior to joining UPES, I spent six months as a post-doctoral fellow at IIT Madras.
- Vagish D mishra, Ashish Mishra, Avinash Singh, Luv Verma and G. Rajesh “Ballistic impact performance of UHMWP fabric impregnated with shear thickening fluid nanocomposite” Composite Structures, 281/1, 2021 (I.F =5.4).
- Sivasambu Mahesh, Ashish Mishra “Strength distribution of Ti/SiC metal-matrix composites under monotonic loading” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 194,1/86-104, 2018 (I.F =4.406).
- Ashish Mishra, Sivasambu Mahesh “A deformation-theory based model of a damaged metal matrix composite” International Journal of Solids and Structures, 121/15, 228-239, 2017, (I.F = 3.9).
- Luv Verma, Vagish D. Mishra, Ashish Mishra, Srinivasan M. Sivakumar and S. Vedantam , “Incremental modelling of alloy embedded composite” AIAA SCITECH 2022 Forum, January 3-7, 2022 San Diego, CA & Virtual Event-2022.
- Vagish Mishra, Ashish Mishra, Luv Verma and Anindya Roy, “Failure Mechanisms of SMA Reinforced Composites under Impact Loading” , ICTACEM 2021, 20-22 December, 2021, IIT Kharagpur.
- Rene N. Rezende, Lucas R. Alves, Ashish Mishra, Harshit Shukla, Himani Varshney, Hitesh Dhawan, Sashant Kapoor, “Designing a thrust vector test stand for the Turbo Rocket” AIAA Propulsion and Energy 2021 Forum, August 9-11, 2021 VIRTUAL EVENT-2021.
- Ashish Mishra, “Stress distribution around cluster of broken fibers in a titanium alloy metal matrix composite at elevated temperature”, International Conference on Advances in in Chemical Engineering, 5-7 Feb, 2020, Dehradun.
- Ashish Mishra, Sivasambu Mahesh “Reliability of Ti/SiC Metal Matrix Composites” ASME, GT India conference, Bengaluru-2018
- Ashish Mishra, Sivasambu Mahesh, International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 2016 24th International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Montreal (CA) , Aug.21-26, 2016.
- Ashish Mishra, Sivasambu Mahesh , “Damage evolution and failure of unidirectional metal matrix composites, FRACMEET-2016,(Abstract presentation) “The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Chennai, 2016.
Research & Publications :
- A. Mishra and S. Mahesh, A deformation-theory based model of a damaged metal matrix composite, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Volume 121, 2017, Pages 228-239, (2017), ISSN 0020- 7683, doi:10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2017.05.032
- S. Mahesh and A. Mishra, Strength distribution of metal-matrix composites under monotonic loading, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Volume 194, Pages 86-104, (2018), ISSN 0013-7944,doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2018.03.015
International/ National Conferences:
- A. Mishra and S. Mahesh, A fully non-linear model of a damaged unidirectional metal matrix composite, 24th International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Science, Montreal, Canada August 2016.
- A Mishra, S Mahesh, Reliability of Ti/SiC Metal Matrix Composites ASME 2017 Gas Turbine India Conference, Bangalore.
- A. Mishra and S. Mahesh, Damage evolution and failure of unidirectional metal matrix composites, FRACMEET conference, Institute for Mathematics and Sciences, Chennai. Feb. 2016
Projects or Ph.D.’s guided:
Guiding 1 PhD scholar
- Life time Membership of Aeronautical Society of India
Rewards & Recognition:
- Received Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, IIT Madras, 2017.
- Received academic excellence award in secondary school exam by Rajasthan Patrika in 2007.
- Lifetime membership of Aeronautical Society of India.
Honours and Achievements:
- Won Defence India Startup Challenge 2018, fund of 1.5 Cr. by DIO, Government of India.
- Received Post-Doctoral Fellowship, for the period of six months, IIT Madras, 2017
- Qualified GATE with AIR 66 in 2013.
- Life time membership of Aeronautical Society of India.
- Awarded academic excellence award in secondary school exam by Rajasthan Patrika in 2007
Apart from reading about technology, I enjoy playing badminton and listening to music for relaxation