Dr. Om Prakash
BE (Aeronautical Engineering), PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
M.Tech (Flight Mechanics), Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kanpur
Ph.D. (Aerospace Engineering), IIT Bombay
Area of Specialization:
Flight Mechanics, Modeling and Simulation, Parachute/Parafoil System
Research & Publications:
- Vindhya Devalla, Amit Kumar Mondal, A J Arun Jeya Prakash, Manish Prateek, Om Prakash,” Guidance, navigation and control of a powered parafoil aerial vehicle”, CURRENT SCIENCE, ISSN 0011-3891 Sep 2016 Vol, 111, No. 6, pp: 1045-1054 ISSN 0011-3891,
- Vindhya Devalla and Dr. Om, Prakash, “Developments in Unmanned Powered Parachute Aerial Vehicle: A Review” IEEE Aerospace and Electronics Systems Transections, ISSN: 0885-8985, November 2014, vol:29, No:11, p:6-20 [Google scholar] (cites 5)
- A. K. Ghosh and Om Prakash, “Neural Models for Predicting Trajectory Performance of an Artillery Rocket,” Journal of Aerospace Computing, Information, and Communication (1542-9423), 2004, Vol. 1, No. 2 [Google Scholar] (cites 6)
- A. K. Ghosh, A. Jha, A. Singhal, and O. Prakash, “Trajectory Modeling of an Artillery Shell using Feed Forward Neural Networks,” Technical Journal of Aerospace Engineering,2004, Vol. 84, 110305. [Google scholar] (cites 2)
- A. K. Ghosh, I. V. S. Sridhar, A. Singhal, and O. Prakash, “Estimation of Drag Co-efficient from Radar Tracked Trajectory Data of an Artillery Shell,” Journal of Aerospace Sciences and Technologies, Feb 2004.
Conference Papers (Presented Abroad):
- Vindhya Devalla, Om Prakash,” Longitudinal and Directional Control Modeling for a Small Powered Parafoil Aerial Vehicle,” AIAA 2016-3544, AIAA, Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference, Washington , USA
- V. Devalla, A. K. Mondal and O. Prakash, “ Performance Analysis of a powered Parafoil unmanned vehicle using open-loop flight test results and analytical results,” 2015 workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial System (RED-UAS), November 23-25, 2015, Cancun, Mexico.
- S. Roy, A. Sandilya, O. Prakash and A.K. Ghosh, “GUI Based Simulation and Integration of Flight Mechanic Models of Artillery Projectiles (SIM-MAP)”, AIAA Australian Asian Student Conference, Sydney Australia, 24-27 Sept 2007.
- O. Prakash and N. Ananthkrishnan, “Modeling and Simulation of 9-DOF Parafoil-Payload System Flight Dynamics,” AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference and Exhibit, Keystone, Colorado USA, Aug. 2006. [Google Scholar] (cites 18)
- O. Prakash, A. Daftary, and N. Ananthkrishnan, “Bifurcation Analysis of Parafoil-Payload System Flight Dynamics,” AIAA-2005-5806, AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference and Exhibit, San Francisco, California USA, Aug. 15-18, 2005. [Google Scholar] (cites 2)
- O. Prakash, A. Daftary, and N. Ananthkrishnan, “Trim and Stability Analysis of Parafoil/Payload System Using Bifurcation Methods,” AIAA-2005-1666, 18th AIAA Aerodynamic Decelerator Systems Technology Conference and Seminar, Munich, Germany, May 23-26, 2005. [Google Scholar] (cites 4)
- A. K. Ghosh, and O. Prakash, “Neural Models for Predicting Trajectory Performance of an Artillery Rocket,” AIAA-2003-5471, AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference and Exhibit, Austin, Texas USA, Aug. 11-14, 2003. [Google Scholar] (cites 6)
National Conference Papers:
- Vindhya Devalle and Dr. Om, Prakash “Angle of Attack, Pitch Angle and Glide Angle Modeling at Various Thrust Inputs for a Powered Parachute Aerial Vehicle”, AEDSS 2014, IIT Kanpur [Google scholar] (cites 1)
- Misra, A. Apparao, S. Roy, A. Vishwakarma, O. Prakash, A. Singhal, and A.K. Ghosh, “Longitudinal Aerodynamic Characterization of an Aircraft bomb with Ringtail Configuration Using Wind Tunnel”, 3rd Symposium on Applied Aerodynamics and Design of Aerospace Vehicles, Thiruvananthapuram 22 -23 Nov 2007.
- S. Roy, A. Sandilya, O. Prakash and A.K. Ghosh, “GUI Based Simulation and Integration of Flight Mechanic Models of Artillery Projectiles”, International Conference and Exhibition on “Emerging Challenges in Design and Manufacturing Technologies”, Chennai, 28-30 November 2007. (awarded best paper in Aerospace group)
- O. Prakash, R. Goel, A. Daftary, N. Ananthkrishnan, S. Gupta, V. V. R. Subbarao, and C. D. Deori, “A Multibody Dynamics Code For Modeling And Simulation Of 9-DOF Parafoil-Payload System Flight Dynamics”, 20th National Convention of Aerospace Engineers, Trivandrum, India, Oct 29-30 2006.
- M. Harshavardhan, O. Prakash and N. Ananthkrishnan, “Flight Dynamic Simulation of a Multi-body Configuration Using an Integrated Euler Solver”, 2nd International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS 2006), in Guwahati at December 2006.
- 24th National conference on IC engines and combustion on “Combustion for energy security and sustainability” under the auspices of the Combustion Institute (Indian Section), 30th Oct to 1st Nov 2015
- 27 th National convention of Aerospace Engineers on “Technological and Engineering Challenges in Indian Aerospace Industry” under the auspices of The Institution of Engineers(India), 8-9 Nov 2013
Academic Administration Experience:
- B. Tech Aerospace Engineering (2008- Present), B.Tech Aerospace Engineering with specialization in Avionics (2010- Present), B.Tech Avionics(2008-2010), M.Tech CFD (2011- Present), M.Tech UAV(2015- Present)
Teaching and Research Experience:
- Faculty and Head, Aerospace Engg, UPES (Sep 2008- Present ); Faculty and Head, Aeronautical Engg, BBD(Univ.) Lucknow (2008 ); Project Leader, Zeusnumerix, IIT Bombay Campus ( 2006-07); Project Assistant, IIT Kanpur(2002-03)