B.Tech (Aerospace Engineering), University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun 2013
M.E. (Space Engineering & Rocketry), Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra 2016
Ph.D. pursuing (Aerospace Engineering), UPES, Dehradun.
Area of Specialization:
Rocket Propulsion, Combustion, Space Mechanics, Pyro-techniques, Micro Electro Mechanical Systems for Space Applications and Advance Propulsion Techniques
- Teaching Experience: 07 Years (UPES, R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru)
- Industrial Experience: 02 Years (VSSC, ISRO, Mahindra Aerospace Pvt. Ltd.)
- Harshit Shukla, Himani Varshney, Hitesh Dhawan, Reuben Mendonsa, Aanshi Jain “Development of Reaction Control System for 6U CUBE-SAT” in AIAA SciTECH Forum, San Diego, Jan 2022, https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2022-0841
- Vipin Kumar, Rohit, Harshit Shukla and Kumar Gaurav “Fluidic Injection Angle Impact on Thrust Vectoring using Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis” International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, Vol. 48, Issue 3, pp 41-53, 2021,DOI: 10.1615/InterJFluidMechRes.2021037918
- RN Rezende, LR Alves, A Mishra, H Shukla, H Varshney, H Dhawan “Designing a thrust vector test stand for the TurboRocket” inAIAA Propulsion and Energy 2021 Forum, 2021-08-09, DOI: 10.2514/6.2021-3350
- T Rajvanshi, H Shukla, A Sharma“Experimental Analysis of Al2O3/Graphene Nano Platelets-Kerosene nanofluids”, Nanoscience and Technology: An International Journal, 2021, DOI: 10.1615/nanoscitechnolintj.2021035570
- U Jain, H Shukla, S Kapoor, A Pandey, H Nirwal “Design and analysis of 2-axis rocket motor stand for thrust vectoring” inAIAA Propulsion and Energy 2020 Forum, 2020-08-24, DOI: 10.2514/6.2020-3920
- Comparative Study of RANS Models for Supercritical Liquid Oxygen and Kerosene Combustion 2018 AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, 2018-01-08, DOI: 10.2514/6.2018-1675
- H Shukla, GRS Nandan, P Shukla, V Kumar, M Varma“Ignition and combustion characteristics of a micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) pyrotechnic thruster for micro propulsion applications”, International Journal of Energetic Materials and Chemical Propulsion, 2017, DOI: 10.1615/IntJEnergeticMaterialsChemProp.2018024455
- H Shukla, RG Singh Nandan, P Shukla, V Kumar N, M Varma“Development of a MEMS pyrotechnic thruster for micro propulsion applications” 52nd AIAA/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference, 2016, DOI: 10.2514/6.2016-4907
- T Gupta, S Sharma, T Rajvanshi, H Shukla“FABRICATION OF Cu NANO WIRES AT DIFFERENT pH: EFFECT, STRUCTURE, AND MORPHOLOGICAL STUDIES”, Nanoscience and Technology: An International Journal, Vol.12, Issue 2, pp 23-30, DOI: 10.1615/NanoSciTechnolIntJ.2021035733
- Harshit Shukla, T. Rajvanshi, “Diamond based power electronic devices for aerospace application” in ERCAM 2021 at NMIT, Bengaluru.
- Harshit Shukla & Umang Jain “Preliminary Design approach for sub-scale rocket motor thrust Stand”, ERCAM 2021 in NMIT, Bengaluru.
- S Kapoor, V Kumar, H Shukla, K Gaurav, D Singh “Numerical investigation of the effect of liquid temperature on supercavitation” in ERCAM 2021 in NMIT, Bengaluru.
- R. Rajkumar, Kumar Gaurav, Ashish Karn, Vipin Kumar and Harshit Shukla “Aerodynamic Design and Numerical Analysis of Bi-Cambered Airfoil” in ERCAM 2021 at NMIT, Bengaluru.
- Paras Adlakha, Harshit Shukla, Abhishek Jain, Anshika Saraswat, “Mission Design for Interplanetary Sample Return and study of Ganymede” in 16th International Conference on Space Operations at Cape Town, South Africa,May 2021
Research & Publications:
- Ignition and Combustion Characteristics of a Micro-Electromechanical System (MEMS) Pyrotechnic Thruster for Micro Propulsion Applications, International Journal of Energetic Materials and Chemical propulsion, Begell House, USA, 16(2): 115-123 (2017), Volume 16, Issue 2, Pp 115-123.
- Thermo-Physical properties of Al2O3/Graphene Nano Platelets-Kerosene nanofluids, Journal of Nanofluids, Manuscript 17-700-R. (review in progress)
- Ignition Characterization of Energetic Materials for MEMS-based Pyro Device, HEMCE-2016, 10th International High Energy Materials Conference and Exhibits at Hyderabad.
- Analytical and Experimental Ignition Studies on a Micro-pyrotechnic System, THERMANS-2016 DAE-BRNS, 20th Symposium & Workshop on Thermal Analysis organized at IIT, BHU, Varanasi.
- Optimization of Solid Rocket Propellant for Satellite Application, MARS SUMMIT-2017, Three Days International Conference organized by ACS College of Engineering, Bangalore, 21-23, Feb 2017.
- Comparative Study of RANS Models for Supercritical Liquid Oxygen and Kerosene Combustion, 2018 AIAA SciTech Forum (Paper submitted for review).
Projects or Ph.D.’s guided:
- Guided more than 75 students in following areas,
- Thrust Stand Development
- Pintel Injector Development
- Interplanetary Mission Design
- Advance Propulsion Techniques
Associate Educator member of American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics (AIAA) Student Member ASME
Honours and Achievements:
- Completed prestigious Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) 2020.
- Senior Editor: Progressio Alas Journal
- Reviewer: American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics (AIAA), Aircraft Engineering & Aerospace Technology, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology
- Mentor of UPES team for SAE competitions and won several competitions.
- Team Mentor of Team Aztec in SAE Aero Design Competition 2021. Won the cash prize of INR 10000.
- Cooking food