Dr. Seim Timung
Assistant Professor - Senior Scale
B.Tech (Chemical Engineering), Gauhati University, Assam
M.Tech (Chemical Engineering), specialization in Petroleum Refinery Engineering, IIT Guwahati, Assam
Ph.D (Chemical Engineering), IIT Guwahati, Assam
Area of Specialization :
PDMS based microchannel fabrication, Experiments and simulations on electric field induced two-phase flow in microfluidic channels, Microfluidic based energy harvesting, and Synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles.
- Guest Faculty in NIT Arunachal
- Assistant Professor in UPES
Honours and Achievements:
- Best innovative paper (2nd International Congress on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, NIT Jalandhar, India)
- Best paper award (Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Pune, 2021)
- Best paper award (International conference on MEMS and sensors, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India)
- NCC ‘A’ and ‘B’ certificate holder
- I am teaching faculty involved in online/offline teaching,
- Research work,
- Mentoring student’s project,
- Activity coordinator for final year students (APE Gas)
- Faculty in-charge of Particulate Technology lab.
- Member of program leadership group (PLG) of energy cluster
- Microfluidics and its applications
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Solar energy harvesting
- Sunny Kumar, Abir Ghosh, Joydip Chaudhuri, Seim Timung, Ashok Kumar Dasmahapatra, Dipankar Bandyopadhyay, Dewetting of Self-organized Spreading of Droplets to Fluid Toroids, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2020, 578, 738 - 748.
- Mitradip Bhattacharjee, S. Timung, Tapas Kumar Mandal, Dipankar Bandyopadhyay, Microfluidic Schottky-junction photovoltaics with superior efficiency stimulated by plasmonic nanoparticles and streaming potential, Nanoscale Advances, 2019, 1, 1155 - 1164.
- J. Chaudhuri, S. Timung, C. B. Dandamudi, T. K. Mandal, and D. Bandyopadhyay, Discrete electric field mediated droplet splitting in microchannels: fission, cascade, and Rayleigh modes, Electrophoresis, 2017, 38, 278–286.
- S. Timung, J. Chaudhuri, M. P. Borthakur, T. K. Mandal, G. Biswas, and D. Bandyopadhyay, Electric field mediated spraying of miniaturized droplets inside microchannel, Electrophoresis, 2016, 38, 1450–1457.
- Sharma, J. Chaudhuri, V. Kumar, S. Timung, T. K. Mandal and D. Bandyopadhyay, Digitization of two-phase flow patterns in a microchannel induced by an external AC field, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 29545–29551.
- S. Timung, V. Tiwari, A. K. Singh, T. K. Mandal, D. Bandyopadhyay, Capillary force mediated flow patterns and non-monotonic pressure drop characteristics of oil-water microflows, Can. J. Chem. Eng., 2015, 93, 1736–1743.
- S. Timung and T. K. Mandal, Prediction of flow pattern of gas–liquid flow through circular microchannel using probabilistic neural network, Applied Soft Computing, 2013, 13 (4), 1674–1685.
- Mitradip Bhattacharjee, S. Timung, Dipankar Bandyopadhyay, and Tapas Kumar Mandal, "A microfluidic electrical energy harvester", 2021, US11189432B2.
- Bio-butanol as biofuels: The Present and future scope, Seim Timung, Harsimranpreet Singh, and Anshika Annu, Wiley Scrivener, Chapter 13, 2021. (https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119793038.ch13)
- Identification of flow pattern in microchannel using ANN, S. Timung, T. K. Mandal, Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2013. (ISBN: 978-3-659-39774-5)
- Rajesh Gupta, Prateek Varma, Manash Protim Mudoi, Omsat Mohanty, Pranav Kumar, Rahul Ranjan, Sagar Deshwal, and Seim Timung, Numerical Study of Droplet Formation in a Double T-junction Microchannel, 2nd International Congress on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (CAMSE), NIT Jalandhar (online mode), India, 2021. (Best innovative paper)
- Prateek Varma, Prathamesh Singh, Yash Chaturvedi, Gaganita Arora, and Seim Timung, Pressure Characteristics of Oil-water Flow in Microchannel, Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Pune, 2021. (Best Paper Award)
- Samarth Sharma, Priyanshi Goyal, Yash Gupta, Rajveer Singh, Samarth Yadav, and Seim Timung, Pressure Characteristics of Non-Newtonian Two-phase Flow in Microchannel, International Conference on Innovation Challenges and Advances in Engineering and Technology, Vishwaniketan's Institute of Management Entrepreneurship and Engineering Technology, Maharastra, 2021.
- Naman Gupta, Mohammad Faraz Khan, Harshita Nandal, Mrinal Kumar Monu and Seim Timung, Strategies to Enhance Cooling of Lithium Ion Batteries ? A Brief Review, International Conference on Innovation Challenges and Advances in Engineering and Technology, Vishwaniketan's Institute of Management Entrepreneurship and Engineering Technology, Maharastra, 2021.
- S. Timung, A. Sharma, T. K. Mandal and D. Bandyopadhyay, Field induced flow behaviors of oil-water flow inside microfluidic channels, International Conference on MEMS and Sensors, IIT Madras, Chennai, India, 2014. (Best paper award)
- J. Chaudhuri, S. Timung, T. K. Mandal and D. Bandyopadhyay, computational study of transition of oil-water flow morphology due to sudden contraction in microfluidic channel, COMSOL Conference, Bangalore, India, 2014.
- S. Kumar, M. Bhattacharjee, S. Timung, A. K. Singh, T. K. Mandal, A. K. Dasmahapatra and D. Bandyopadhyay, Marangoni effect induced droplet motion for energy harvesting, emerging materials: characterization & application, CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, India, 2014.
- S. Timung, V. Kumar, A. K. Singh, T. K. Mandal and D. Bandyopadhyay, Citrate-Stabilized Silver Nanoparticles Synthesis in Continuous-Flow Microreactor, International Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati, India, 2013.
- S. Timung, V. Tiwari, A. K. Singh, T. K. Mandal and D. Bandyopadhyay, Interfacial tension induced flow transitions in the two-phase flow inside microchannels, 22th National and 11th International ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, India, 2013.