Dr. Srinivasa Reddy Devarapu
Assistant Professor (DOJ - 01.08.2018, Regular)
B.Tech (Chemical Engineering), Bapatla Engineering College, ANU, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
M.Tech (Petroleum Engineering), ISM (IIT) Dhanbad, Jharkhand
Ph.D. (Ocean Engineering), IIT Madras, Tamil Nadu.
- Assistant Professor in Chemical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering & Earth Sciences, UPES Dehradun since Jul 2018.
- Associate Professor and HoD in Department of Petroleum Engineering, KL University, Guntur from Jun 2016 to Jul 2018.
- Assistant Professor in Department of Petroleum Engineering, DIT University, Deharadun from Aug 2015 to Jun 2016.
- Lecturer in School of Petroleum Technology, PDPU Gandhinagar, Gujarat from Jul 2010 to Jul 2011.
- Engineer in HBI Unit (World’s Largest Unit of Its Kind) at ESSAR STEELS Ltd., Hazira from Jul 2007 to Aug 2008.
- Apprentice Training at HPCL (Visakh Refinery) Visakhapatnam for 1year.
- Interest: Enhanced Oil Recovery, Reservoir Engineering and Production Engineering (Produced Water Treatment)
Research & Publication:
- Amine grafted agricultural waste based aerogel with in-situ hydrophobic characteristic for CO2 capture. Application No. 202141057075; Published on08/12/2021.
- Composition for water based drilling mud. Application No. 202141029037; Published on 29/06/2021.
- Water based drilling fluid additive and a preparation method thereof. Application No. 201841026429; Published on 20/07/2018.
International Journal Publications
- A. Naga Babu, D. Srinivasa Reddy, G. V. Krishna Mohan, G. Suresh Kumar and Tapas Kumar Dora. Mathematical investigation into sequential adsorption of silver ion and brilliant green dye using biochar derived from Gracilaria Rhodophyta algae, Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery,(In Press). 2021 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13399-021-01897-w
- A. Hameed Hussain, D. Srinivasa Reddy, Robello Samuel, Tushar Sharma, and S. Ponmani, Experimental investigation of aloevera based cuo nanofluids as a novel additive in improving the rheological and filtration properties of water based drilling fluid. SPE Drilling & Completion, 2021; 36(3): 542-551. https://doi.org/10.2118/205004-PA
- A. Naga Babu,T. Raja Sree, D. Srinivasa Reddy, G. V. Krishna Mohan and G. Suresh Kumar. Experimental and Statistical Analysis of As(III) Adsorption from Contaminated Water using Activated Red mud Doped Calcium-Alginate Beads. Environmental Technology, 2021; 42(6): 1810-1825. https://doi.org/10.1080/09593330.2019.1681520
- A. Naga Babu, D. Srinivasa Reddy, G. Suresh Kumar, K. Ravindhranath and G. V. Krishna Mohan. Sequential-Synergetic Sorption Analysis of Gracilaria Rhodophyta Biochar towards Aluminium and Fluoride: A Statistical Optimization Approach. Water Environmental Research, 2020; 92(6): 880-898. https://doi.org/10.1002/wer.1283.
- A. Hameed Hussain, P. Swaminathan and D. Srinivasa Reddy. Chia seed based CuO nanofluids as an effective additive for water based drilling fluid: A study through rheological and filtration properties. DEW Journal, 2020; 29(11): 45-54.
- A. Nagababu, D. Srinivasa Reddy Pranay Sharma, Suresh Kumar, Ravindhranath K, and G. V. Krishna Mohan. Effective Removal of Hazardous Indigo Carmine Dye from Waste Water Using Treated Red Mud. Materials Today Proceedings, 2019; 17: 198-208. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2019.06.419
- A. Naga Babu, D. Srinivasa Reddy, G. Suresh Kumar, K. Ravindhranath and G. V. Krishna Mohan. Removal of Lead and Fluoride from Contaminated Water using Exhausted Coffee Grounds based Bio-Sorbent. Journal of Environmental Management, 2018; 218: 602-612.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2018.04.091
- G. Suresh Kumarand D. Srinivasa Reddy. Numerical Modeling of Forward In-Situ Combustion Process in Heavy Oil Reservoirs. International Journal of Oil Gas and Coal Technology,2017; 16(1): 43-57.
- Aabid Hussain Shaik and D. Srinivasa Reddy. Formation of 2-D, 3-D superlattices of silver nanoparticles inside an emulsion droplet. Materials Research Express,2017; 4(3): 35-43. https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/aa5e5b
- D. Srinivasa Reddy and G. Suresh Kumar. Numerical simulation of heavy crude oil in porous combustion-tube. Combustion Science and Technology, 2015; 187(12): 1905-1921. https://doi.org/10.1080/00102202.2015.1065822
- D. Srinivasa Reddy and G. Suresh Kumar. Numerical Study on Phase Behavior effects in Enhanced Oil Recovery by In-Situ Combustion.Petroleum Science and Technology,2015;33(3): 353-362. https://doi.org/10.1080/10916466.2014.979999
Honours and Achievements:
- Member Board of Studiesfor Department of Petroleum Engineering, JNTU, Kakinada from Apr 2019 - Mar 2022.
- Chairman - Board of Studiesfor Department of Petroleum Engineering, KL University, Guntur from Apr 2017 to Jul 2018.
- Won 3rd Prizeat 6th World PetroCoal Congress-2016 for poster on “Development of Mathematical Model for Well Planning in CBM Wells.”