Dr. Leena Kapoor
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering) from UPES, Department of Chemical Engineering, Dehradun, India. January 2012 – June 2020
Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Chemical Engineering from Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology, Guna (MP). July 2009 – July 2011
B.Tech. (Hons.) in Chemical Engineering from IET MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (UP). July 2004- July 2008
Area of Specialization:
Chemical Reaction Engineering, Mass Transfer, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and advance level courses like Modeling of Chemical Engineering Systems, Process Dynamics & Control, Process plant simulation, Transport Phenomena
- Assistant Professor (Aug 2011 – Till Date) – Selection Grade (Department of Chemical Engineering), UPES, Dehradun.
Honours and Achievements:
- Best paper awarded in oral presentation entitled “Green fuel production through three different biomasses by hydrous and fast pyrolysis”, 2nd International Conference on Advances in the Field of Health, Safety, Fire, Environment, Allied Sciences and Engineering (HSFEA 2018), UPES, Dehradun, India, Nov 16-17, 2018
- Contribution: I have worked on twin-screw biomass pyrolysis reactor in the laboratory and has tested various biomass samples to get green fuels. The biofuels produced from biomass cannot be directly used for combustion engine and has to be upgraded to improve its properties for direct utilization in combustion engines.
- Interest: My research interests revolve around biomass conversion technologies to produce green fuels
- Kapoor, L. (2019), Experimental investigation of the pyrolysis of biomass to produce green fuels. International Journal of Sustainable Energy, 38, 7, 692 – 700 doi.org/10.1080/14786451.2019.1566235.
- Kapoor, L., Bose, D & Mekala, A. (2017), Biomass pyrolysis in a twin screw reactor to produce green fuels. Biofuels, doi No.doi.org/10.1080/17597269.2017.1345360.
- Bose, D., Mekala, A & Kapoor, L. (2016), Twin screw reactor design for biomass pyrolysis. World Scientific News, 49, 2, 321-334.
- Kapoor, L., Mekala, A & Bose, D. (2017), Auger reactor for biomass fast pyrolysis: Design and operation. 21st Century Energy Needs-Materials, Systems and Applications (ICTFCEN) IEEE, doi No.doi.org 10.1109/ICTFCEN.2016.8052749.
- Kapoor, L., Chaurasia, A.S. (2012), Product yields and kinetics of pyrolysis of sawdust and bagasse particles, Energy Education Science and Technology Part A: Energy Science and Research, 29, 1, 419-426.