Abhishek Kumar Awasthi
B.Tech from Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad (ECE)2008
M.Sc from Ambedkar Institute of Technology Delhi (Digital Communication)2011
Ph.D from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (RF and Microwave Engineering)2018
Post-Doctoral: Remote Sensing Center, The University of Alabama, USA
Area of Specialization:
RF and Microwave, Antenna Analysis and Design, Radars
- D. N. Elluru, A. K. Awasthi, S. Prasad Gogineni, D. Taylor, A. Shahabi, A. N. Lemmon, C. Chung, and J. Lee, “Design of an Absorptive High-Power PIN Diode Switch for an Ultra-Wideband Radar”, in IEEE Journal of Microwaves, doi: 10.1109/JMW.2021.3138889.
- B. V. Liefferinge, D. Taylor, S. Tsutaki, S. Fujita, P. Gogineni, K. Kawamura, K. Matsuoka, G. Moholdt, I. Oyabu, A. Abe-Ouchi, A. Awasthi, C. Buizert, J-C. Gallet, E. Isaksson, H. Motoyama, F. Nakazawa, H. Ohno, C. O’Neill, F. Pattyn, and K. Sugiura, “Surface mass balance controlled by local surface slope in inland Antarctica: implications for ice-sheet mass balance and Oldest Ice delineation in Dome Fuji”, Geophysical Research Letters, 48, e2021GL094966. https://doi.org/10.1029/2021GL094966
- Feras Abushakra, Nathan Jeong, Deepak Elluru, Abhishek Awasthi, Shriniwas Kolpuke, Tuan Luong, Omid Reyhanigalangashi, Drew Taylor and Prasad Gogineni, “A Miniaturized FMCW UAV-Based Radar System for Remote Sensing Applications”, IEEE MWCL doi: 10.1109/LMWC.2021.3129153.
- A. K. Awasthi, C. D. Simpson, S. Kolpuke, T. D. Luong, J. Yan, R. Taylor and S. P. Gogineni, “A Wideband Patch Antenna Array with Inclined Proximity Coupled Feed for UAV RADAR Applications” IEEE Open Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2, pp. 1079-1086, 2021, doi: 10.1109/OJAP.2021.3128015.
- H. Won, Y. Hong, L. Li, A. Awasthi, N. Nickerson, B. Bryant, M. Choi, J. Yan, D. Taylor, C. O’Neill, and J. Lee, “VHF/UHF Open-sleeve Dipole Antenna Array for Airborne Ice Sounding and Imaging Radar”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 883-887, 2021.
- A. K Awasthi, J B Yan, R. Hale, A. R. Harish, and S. Gogineni, “A modified feed U‐slot patch antenna array for airborne very high frequency ice‐penetrating radar”, Microwave Optical Technology Lett. Vol 62, no.1, pp. 378-386, 2020.
- A. K. Awasthi and A. R. Harish, “Wideband tightly-coupled compact array of dipole antennas arranged in triangular lattice”, International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 11, pp. 382-389, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1017/S1759078718001605.
- A. K Awasthi, C. O’Neill, D. Taylor, J. Yan, P. Gogineni, S. Mulani, L. Li, D. Elluru, N. Nickerson, A. Horstman, J. Lee and C. Chung, “High-Performance Polar Airborne Ultra-Wideband Radar Imaging Capability with a Light Turboprop Aircraft” , 13th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUSAR), 2021, pp. 1-4.
- C. D. Simpson, S. Kolpuke, A. K. Awasthi, T. Luong, S. Memari, S. Yan, R. Taylor, J. Larson, and P. Clement, “Development of A UAS-Based Ultra-Wideband Radar for Fine-Resolution Soil Moisture Measurements”, IEEE Radar Conference (RadarConf21), 2021, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/RadarConf2147009.2021.9455325.
- S. Kolpuke, J.-B. Yan, C. D. Simpson, J. Sutphin, N. Nickerson, R. Taylor, A. Awasthi, D. Braaten, H.P. Marshall and S. Gogineni, “Development and Optimization of Airborne FMCW Radar for High-Resolution Snow Depth Measurements” AGU Fall meeting 2020.
- C. Simpson, S. Kolpuke, A. Awasthi, T. Luong, N. Nickerson, S. Memari, J. Larson, J.-B. Yan, R. Taylor, T.P. Clement, S. Gogineni, “Ultra-Wideband Radar for Drone-based Soil Moisture Measurements” AGU Fall meeting 2020.
- L. Li, A. Awasthi, J. Yan, C. O'Neill, P. Gogineni, “Lightweight Deployable L-Band Patch Antenna Array for Ice Sounding” IEEE Int. Symp. on Antennas and Propagation and North American Radio Science Meeting, 2020, pp. 499-500, doi: 10.1109/IEEECONF35879.2020.9329836.
- A. K. Awasthi, L. Li, J. Yan, C. O’Neill, S. P. Gogineni, “A Wideband Light Weight L-Probe Fed U-Slot Patch Antenna Array for VHF Ice Sounding” IEEE Int. Symp. on Antennas and Propagation and North American Radio Science Meeting, 2020, pp. 407-408, doi: 10.1109/IEEECONF35879.2020.9329962
- IEEE AP-S
- IEEE MTT-S
Honours and Achievements
- Received Ph. D. thesis award in Ph. D. Symposium of 5th IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (UPCON 2018).
- 97.8 percentile in GATE 2011.
- 89.3 percentile in GATE 2008.
- Certificate of Merit for 3rd position in branch in B.Tech. (2004-06).