Dr. Devender Kumar Saini
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade (DOJ-18-08-2014, Regular)
M. Tech. – Electrical Engineering (IIT Roorkee), Ph.D.(Electrical Engineering, IIT Roorkee)
Certified Distribution engineer trainer from PSSCY, 2019.
Email ID: Dev.email@example.com
Area of Specialization:
Sustainable planning of distributed solar PV generation, Resiliency enhancement of DT grid, System optimization, Fault Detection & Protection
- V. B. Venkateswaran, D. K. Saini and M. Sharma, “Techno-Economic Hardening Strategies to enhance Distribution System Resilience against Earthquake”, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, April-2021.
- Debajyoti Bose, Devender K Saini, Monika Yadav, Saurabh Shrivastava and Nitish Parashar, “Decentralized Solar Energy Access and Assessment of Performance Parameters for Rural Communities in India”, Sustainability and Climate Change, March -2021.
- Debajyoti Bose, Devender K Saini, Monika Yadav, Saurabh Shrivastava and Nitish Parashar, “Review of Sustainable Grid Independent Renewable Energy Access in Remote Communities of India”, Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management, Wiley publication, Volume 17, Number 2—pp. 364–375 Nov-2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/ieam.4373.
- D. K. Saini, R. K. Nair C, B. V. Venkatasubramanian and M. Yadav, "Effect of Unaccounted Parameters on Reactive Power Compensation in Indian Electric Traction Line," in IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 182679-182692, 2020, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3028582.
- Monika Yadav, Nitai Pal, D. K. Saini, “"Microgrid control, storage, and communication strategies to enhance resiliency for survival of critical load”, IEEE Access, Vol-8, pp: 169047-169069, Sep-2020.
- Aayush shrivastava, Devender kumar saini, Manjree pandit, “Distribution grid parameter variation due to Solar PV power integration”, International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Vol-10 no. -3, pp:1125 - 1132, ISSN - 1309-0127, Sep 2020.
- V. B. Venkateswaran, D. K. Saini and M. Sharma, “Environmental Constrained Optimal Hybrid Energy Storage System Planning for an Indian Distribution Network”, IEEE Access, Vol-8, pp: 97793-97808, June-2020.
- V. B. Venkateswaran, D. K. Saini and M. Sharma, "Approaches for optimal planning of the energy storage units in distribution network and their impacts on system resiliency", in CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems, doi: 10.17775/CSEEJPES.2019.01280, 2020.
- Aayush Shrivastava, D. K. Saini, “Peer Review of renewable energy-based adaptive protection(s) & relay coordination optimization techniques”, Recent Advances in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Formerly Recent Patents on Electrical & Electronic Engineering), 10.2174/2352096513999200430091230, June 2020.
- Ravi kumaranNair.C, Devender Kumar Saini*& M. Jayaraju (2019) Dynamism of Parasite Capacitance of AC Electric Traction Line Inside the Railway Tunnels, IETE Journal of Research, DOI: 10.1080/03772063.2019.1649205
- Aayush Shrivastava, Devender Kumar Saini &ManjareePandit | Shuhui Li (Reviewing editor) (2019) Relay co-ordination optimization for integrated solar photo-voltaic power distribution grid, Cogent Engineering (Taylor & Francis publication), 6:1, DOI: 10.1080/23311916.2019.1612601
- D. K. Saini, R. Nair, M. Yadav and R. Prasad, "Modified Algorithm for Fault Detection on AC Electrical Traction Line: An Indian Climate Case Study," in IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 936-950, Dec. 2018.doi: 10.1109/TTE.2018.2859379
- Vishal Jain, Devender Saini and K. N. Dinesh Babu, “AGC of an Interconnected Power System under Deregulated Environment using GA-tuned Fuzzy Logic Controller, “Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9(47), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i47/105637, December 2016.
- Ravi kumaranNair.C, Devender Kumar Saini, Jayaraju.M,” Modelling the Dynamic Line Parameter of 25 kV AC Railway Electric Traction Lines at Earth Cuttings”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol.8 No.5, pp.2070-2075, ISSN: 0975-4024, Oct-Nov 2016.
- Ravi kumaranNair.C, Devender Kumar Saini, Jayaraju.M,” Effect of Topography at the Proximity of AC Electric Traction Line on the Earth Fault Distance Locating Algorithm”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 11, Number 1 (2016), pp 105-110.
- R Kumar , K Bansal , D K Saini , I P S Paul, "Importance and Need of Accurate Modelling of Soil of High Voltage Substation for Optimal Designing of Grounding System", IJEC, 7(1), pp. 29-44, 2015.
- R Kumar , K Bansal , D K Saini , I P S Paul, " Development of Empirical Formulas and Computer Program with MATLAB GUI for Designing of Grounding System in Two Layer Soil Resistivity Model for High Voltage Air Insulated & Gas Insulated Substations” IJST, Volume 9, Issue 28, July, 2016.
- NBSoni , Dr Kamal Bansal, Dr, Devendra Saini,” Optimizing the Coordinates Position for Optimal Placement of ZigBee for Power Monitoring from remote Locations”, Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, ISSN 0973-1768 Volume 12, Number 1 (2016), pp. 11-17.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, “Two Phase Approach to design robust controller for uncertain Interval systems using Genetic algorithm”, International journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Research, vol. 2(2) pp. 27-38, 2012.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, “A CON:EVO reduction technique for uncertain interval systems using Differential Evolution algorithm”, Journal of Control and instrumentation, Vol. 2, pp. 1-8, 2011.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, “New approach of order reduction for discrete interval system using Genetic algorithm”, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Advances in Engineering (IJMRAE), Vol.4, pp.197-206, January 2012.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, "Order Reduction of Linear Interval Systems Using Particle Swarm Optimization", MIT International Journal of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Vol. 1, No. 1, Jan 2011, pp. 16-19.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, "Mixed evolutionary techniques to reduce order of linear interval systems using generalized routh array", International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST) Vol. 2(10), pp.5197-5205, 2010.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, "Order Reduction of Linear Interval Systems Using Genetic Algorithm”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET) Vol.2 (5), pp.316-319, 2010.
- Yadav, Monika, Verma, Prayanshu, Saini Devender, "Fault detection in overhead lines using IoT enabled Fault passage indicator,"Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices. Springer Nature, 2020- Accepted.
- V. Balaji, Devender Kumar Saini, “COVID 19: Impact on environmental parameters during the lockdown period in India”, Sustainable Management of Environment & Natural Resource through Innovation in Science and Technology" SMTST2020, Springer, Year 2020, India.
- Saini, Raj Kumar.; Saini, Devender Kumar.; Gupta, Rajeev.; Verma, Piush.;Gandotra, Neeraj.;Sharma, Ashwani.;Thakur, Robin.;Dwivedi, R.P., Performance improvement of three-phase squirrel cage induction motor operating under rated voltages—A design consideration for rural areas, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Volume 989, Year 2020, Pages 1-11, DOI:10.1007/978-981-13-8618-3_1.
- Saini, Raj Kumar; Saini, Devender Kumar;Gupta, Rajeev;Dwivedi, R. P.;Verma, Piush, “Design, Analysis, and Assessment of Efficiency of Three-Phase Squirrel-Cage Induction Motors Operating Under the Rated Voltage: A Design Consideration for Rural Areas, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Volume 624, Year 2018, Pages 13-21, DOI:10.1007/978-981-10-5903-2_2 .
- Ravi kumarnair, Devender kumarsaini, “Modelling the effect of varying height of earth cuttings and their angles on parasite capacitances of 25 kV AC Railway Electric Traction lines”, 14th IEEE India council International conference, IIT Roorkee 2017.
- Sami Rehman, Devender Kumar Saini, “Power Factor Impact on Distribution Losses and Methodology to determine Distribution Losses by Load Loss Factor”, 14th IEEE India council International conference, IIT Roorkee 2017.
- Devender Kumar Saini, Monika Yadav,” Islanding detection and protection with neutral point grounding using two-layer soil model", 1st International conference on Large-scale Grid Integration of Renewable Energy in India, Ministry of power, Ministry of new and renewable energy, New Delhi India. Sep 2017.
- Monika Yadav, Devender Kumar Saini, “Review and compliances of Grid code with Renewable Energy (RE) integration”, 1st International conference on Large-scale Grid Integration of Renewable Energy in India, Ministry of power, Ministry of new and renewable energy, New Delhi India. Sep 2017.
- Rajeev Gupta, Devender Kumar Saini, Raj Kumar Saini, Piush Verma,” Design Improvement and Assessment of Efficiency of Three Phase Induction Motor Operating Under the Rated Voltage”, Proceeding of International Conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices, Volume 479 of the series Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing pp 495-502, 18 September 2016.
- Aayush Shrivastava, ManjareePandit, Devender Saini, Raj Gaurav Mishra, Optimal Power Dispatch in Competitive Market”, Proceeding of International Conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices, Volume 479 of the series Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, pp 1043-1050, 18 September 2016.
- R Kumar , K Bansal , D K Saini , I P S Paul, " Two Layer soil modeling and optimal designing of Grounding System of High Voltage Air Insulated and Gas Insulated Substation using MATLAB GUI", Water and Energy International,88(1), pp. 21-26,2015
- R Kumar , K Bansal , D K Saini , I P S Paul, " Study of Dangerous Voltages in Substation , Different Soil Models and Designing of Grounding System of High Voltage Substation using MATLAB GUI", Water and Energy International, Vol 59, pp. 15-22,2016.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, “Discrete Interval System Reduction Using Differentiation and Differential Evolution Algorithm”, International Conference on Control Instrumentation System Conference (CISCON-2011), Manipal Institute of technology, Nov 3-6, 2011.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, "Mixed evolutionary technique to reduce order of uncertain system using genetic algorithm and differentiation technique", International Conference on Advances in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (ICAEEE-2011), Feb 25-26, 2011.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, "Mixed evolutionary algorithm to reduce order of linear interval systems using GA & RH array, International Conference on Control Instrumentation System Conference (CISCON-2010), Manipal Institute of technology, Nov 12-13, 2010.
- Devender kumarsaini, Dr. Rajendraprasad, "Order Reduction of Interval Systems Using Routh Hurwitz Array and Continued Fraction Expansion Method",International Conference on Computer Applications in Electrical Engineering Recent Advances (CERA), Feb 19-21, 2010.
- 1. N.B.Soni, Dr. Kamal Bansal, Dr.D.K.Saini, Mr.R.M.Reddy,”System and method to obtain a precise Geographic Location”, Official Journal of the Patent Office, India, Application no.201911009286,vol 14/2019, Dated April 5, 2019.
- IOT enabled smart micro grid – (prototyping), GBS publication, ISBN: 978-93-87374-41-6.
Member of International bodies/ Society
- Senior Member of IEEE
- Member of AEE
- Senior Member of IEEE Society of Energy Conservation,
- Senior Member of IEEE Power & Energy Society
- Senior Member of IEEE Control System Society