Yogesh Chandra Gupta
Industry Fellow (Professor)
- Vice President – AEE (Atlanta, USA) Delhi Chapter
- General Secretary – Indian Association of Accredited Energy Auditor
- B. TECH– Electrical Engineering(1991), IIT, BHU, Varanasi, India
- PGDM – Operation & Production Management (1996), IMT, Ghaziabad, India
- MBA – Operation & Production Management (2010), MK University, India
- PGCAP – PG in Academic excellence (2019), UPES
- Virtual teacher – University of California Irvine
- PhD (pursuing) – Power Engineering, UPES, Dehradun
- Certified Energy Manager® (CEM®) – AEE, Atlanta, USA
- Accredited Energy Auditor–BEE, Ministry of Power, GoI
- Chartered Engineer– Institution of Engineers of india
- Power Distribution Engineering Master Trainer – Power Sector Skill Council , GoI
- ZED Master Trainer - Quality Council Of India, GoI
- Lead Assessor for
- Energy Management System (ISO 50001:2018Standard), IRCA (UK)
- Environnent Management System (ISO 14001 Standard), IRCA (UK)
- Quality Management System (ISO 9001 Standard), IRCA (UK)
- Six week training in JICA, Japan about "EC techniques for India and efficiency enhancement of Power plants”.
Having 29+years of experience with various Corporate, Manufacturing, Industrial association (FICCI), Academics and National Projects under ministry of Steel &Ministry of Commerce &Industry.
Subject specialization : Sustainability, Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy technologies, Low carbon technologies, Waste heat recovery and Co-generation, Waste to wealth, Process optimization, Performance of Electrical utilities, Performance of thermal utilities, Sustainable habitats, Project and financial management etc. Published various Scopus indexed research papers.
Served 3years inGE funded project for Energy Efficiency improvement of Steel Re-rolling mills (1800units) of India. During this tenure, was having additional charge of Head-Capacity Building and Training and Head-Information Technology.
Executed a UNIDO funded project of productivity improvement (Through Energy Efficiency improvement and process technology gap assessment) of Pulp & Paper SMEs of UP/ Uttaranchal.
Executed a UNDP / UNIDO Turkey project about development of "Detailed Energy Audit Methodology manuals & check sheets" for textile sector in Turkey followed by training to industry professionals in Turkey (Invited by Republic of Turkey). Delivered session in Istanbul energy engineering congress also.
Delivered various technical trainings (morethan50) for capacity building of working professionals (Managers/Engineers) from Corporate/PSUs/Govt. sector about Energy Conservation opportunities in their industries; Especially Power Plant, Transmission &Distribution, Steel re-Rolling Mills, Mining Professionals etc. Was Key instructor on behalf of BEE for delivery of various modules in Refresher Course for AEAs / CEAs/ CEMs in India.
As an Accredited Energy Auditor, Performed various M&V audits and mandatory audits (For various industrial sectors like Fertilizer, Iron &steel, Pulp &Paper, Textile). Previously performed various Energy Audits, EHS audits & QM S audits (ISO14001, 18001 &9001) also. Undermy leadership, Four National awards (By Ministry of Power) have beenwon by my team. Those are:
- Best energy audit business model for Industries
- Best energy audit business model for Buildings
- Best energy audit business model for Streetlight
- Best ESCO by SEEM (Society of Energy Engineers and Managers