Dr. Shyam Pandey
Professor (DOJ - 06.08.2007, Regular)
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), H.C.E.T., Jabalpur
M.Tech (Industrial Metallurgy), IIT Roorkee
Ph.D. (I.C. Engines), University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
Area of Specialization:
Fluid Mechanics, Theory of Machines, Thermodynamics, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer, Gas turbines power plants.
Research & Publications:
- Pandey, S., S.S. Bhurat, and R. Kunwer, Investigation of fumigation of ethanol and exhaust gas recirculation on combustion and emission characteristics of partially premixed charge compression-ignition engine. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 2020: p. 1-15.
- SS Bhurat, S Pandey, V Chintala Combined effect of external mixture formation and cooled exhaust gas recirculation on engine performance and emissions characteristics of partially premixed charged compression ignition engine, Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, 2020.
- Varun Vijay Savadi, D.P. Singh, S.K. Joshi, I. Majeed, Md. Shuaib, V.R. Sharma, A. Yadav, R. Kumar, P.P. Singh, Unnati, M.K. Sharma, S. Pandey, B.P. Singh, R. Prasad, Activity induced in different rare earth materials using heavy ion oxygen beam; thin layer activation analysis, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Volume 479, 2020, Pages 102-109.
- S.K. Kurre, S. Pandey, N. Khatry, S.S. Bhurat, S.K. Kumawata , S. Saxenaa, S. Kumara, Study of Lubricating Oil Degradation of CI Engine Fueled with Diesel-Ethanol Blend, Tribology in Industry, DOI: 10.24874/ti.913.06.20.11 (article in press)
- Ram Kunwer, Shyam Pandey, Swapnil Sureshchandra Bhurat, Comparison of selected shell and tube heat exchangers with segmental and helical baffles, Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, Volume 20, 2020, 100712.
- Sanka, RV Siva Prasanna, K. Balaji, Yves Leterrier, Shyam Pandey, Monika Srivastava, Anurag Srivastava, Wolfgang H. Binder, Sravendra Rana, and Véronique Michaud., “Nitrogen-doped graphene stabilized copper nanoparticles for Huisgen [3+2] cycloaddition ‘click’ chemistry,” Chem. Commun., vol. 55, no. 44, pp. 6249–6252, 2019.
- R. V. S. P. Sanka, B. Krishnakumar, Y. Leterrier, and S. Pandey, “Soft Self-Healing Nanocomposites,” Front. Mater., vol. 6, no. June, pp. 1–20, 2019.
- Sehgal, A K Saxena, M Pandey, S Malhotra, R. K. Improving Performance of Compressed Natural Gas Fueled Passenger Car Engine by Addition of Hydrogen. NISCAIR-CSIR, India, 0975-1084 (Online); 0022-4456 (Print), p 61-65 (2017)
- Bhurat, S. S., Pandey, S., Chintala, V., & Ranjit, P. S. (2019). Technical barriers and their solutions for deployment of HCCI engine technologies – a review. International Journal of Ambient Energy, 1-14. doi: 10.1080/01430750.2019.1611644
- Shyam Pandey, Parag Diwan, Pradeepta Sahoo, S S Thipse. A review on combustion control strategies of diesel HCCI engine. Biofuels, ISSN 1759-7269 (Print), vol 9, issue 1 pp 6174,(2016)
- Shyam Pandey, Parag Diwan, Pradeepta Sahoo, S S Thipse. The effect of EGR and Premixed Fuel Ratio (PFR) on Combustion and Emissions in a partial HCCI -DI engine fueled with Bioethanol and diesel. Biofuels, ISSN 1759-7269 (Print), 1759-7277 (Online), Volume 6, Issue 5-6, Pages 357-367, (2015).
- Santosh Kumar Kurre, Shyam Pandey, Rajnish Garg, Mukesh Saxena. Experimental study of the performance and emission of diesel engine fueled with blends of diesel- ethanol as an alternative fuel. Biofuels, ISSN 1759-7269 (Print), 1759-7277 (Online) (2015)
- Santosh Kumar Kurre, Shyam Pandey Rajnish Garg. Condition monitoring of diesel engine fueled with blend of Diesel, Biodiesel and Butanol through using engine oil analysis. Biofuels, ISSN 1759-7269 (Print), 1759-7277 (Online)(2015)
- Santosh Kumar Kurre, Rajnish Garg & Shyam Pandey. A review of biofuel generated contamination, engine oil degradation and engine wear. Biofuels, ISSN 1759-7269 (Print) (2016)
- Santosh Kumar Kurre, Shyam Pandey, Mukesh Saxena. Effect of Compression Ratio on Diesel Engine Performance and Emission with Diesel- Ethanol Blends. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, ISSN 2229-5518, Volume 4, Issue 10, (2013).
- Shyam Pandey, Amit Sharma, P. K. Sahoo. Experimental investigation on the performance and emission characteristics of a diesel engine fueled with ethanol, diesel and Jatropha based biodiesel blends, International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, ISSN: 2231-1963, Vol. 4, Issue 2, pp. 341-353, Sept 2012.
- S. R. V. Siva Prasanna, K Balaji, Shyam Pandey, Sravendra Rana (2019). Metal Oxide Based Nanomaterials and Their Polymer Nanocomposites. In a Nanomaterial and Polymer Nanocomposites (pp.-123-144). ISBN 978-0-12-814615-6, Elsevier, https://doi.org/10.1016/C2017-0-02101-8
- Experimental Investigation on the performance and emissions of a diesel engine fueled with butanol-bio-diesel-diesel blends. - 7th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress-2012
- Remarkable emission reductions in small diesel engines using premixed ethanol and EGR. 9th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress-2014-15
- Effect of butanol on performance and emission analysis of a compression ignition engine fuelled with Diesel -Butanol blends, Santosh Kumar Kurre, Dr Shyam Pandey, Dr Rajnish Garg and Dr Mukesh Saxena, 24th National Conference on I.C. Engines and Combustion, UPES and CIIS, 30th Oct-1stNov 2015.
- Combustion and Emission Characteristics of Partial HCCI engine fueled with ethanol and diesel, Shyam Pandey, Parag Diwan, Pradeepta Kumar Sahoo, Sukrut Shrikant Thipse, 24th National Conference on I.C. Engines and Combustion, UPES and CIIS, 30th Oct-1st Nov 2015.
- Experimental investigation on the Technical Feasibility of EthanolDiesel blends for use in Direct Injection (DI) Diesel Engine, Pradeepta Kumar Sahoo, Amit Kumar Sharma, Shyam Pandey, 24th National Conference on I.C. Engines and Combustion, UPES and CIIS, 30th Oct-1st Nov 2015.
- Combustion and emissions behaviour assessment of a partially premixed charge compression ignition (PCCI) engine with diesel and fumigated ethanol, ICEP 2018, International conference of Energy and Power, Elsevier Energy Procedia.
- Experimental study on performance and emissions characteristics of a single-cylinder diesel engine with ethanol and biodiesel blended fuels with diesel, ICAMEES 2018 International conference on Advance Material, Energy and Environmental Sustainability 2018.
- Influence of compression ratio and exhaust gas recirculation on light duty diesel engine, Lecture series notes, Springer,2020
- Fuel injection system for compression ignition engines of stationary applications, particularly for diesel engine (2792/DEL/2013).
- Arrangement for Length Adjustable Dual Type Free Piston Engine (201811008593). Inventors: Dr. Shyam Pandey, Himanshu Bindal, Prakhar Rastogi, Navjeet Singroha, Hemraj Chaudhary, Pratik Raj, Saurabh Matta (date of application - 2018-03-08; date of examination 2018-03-12)
- A Vehicle Transmission System (201911009132). Inventors: Dr. Shyam Pandey, Mr. Narayan Khatri, Dr. Girish Chandran V, Mr. Mohit Khatri, Mr. Chandan Kumar ,Mr. Jayesh Vyas, Mr. Chirag , Date of filing application: 08-03-2019; date of publication : 29-03-2019
- A Fuel Vaporizer Unit (201911044038).
- A Mixed Municipal Waste Segregation System (202011025038), Waste Segregator (331395001),
- A Face Cover for Travelling in a Public Vehicle (202011029188).
- Shell and tube type EGR cooler for small off-road diesel engine. (Application no.- 262875)
Development of pre-mixed charge compression ignition engine (PCCI) operating on variable compression ratio with vaporized diesel.
- Funding Agency: SEED-UPES
- Project Duration: 03 Years
- Total approved cost of the project (in Rs.): 2.1 Lakhs
Segregation of mixed municipal solid waste through wet density media separation process,
- Funding agency: SEED-UPES
- Project duration : 01 year
- Total approved cost of the project (in Rs): 1.7lakhs
Sponsored R-&-D Project
Endurance analysis and tribological studies of diesel engines fueled with Bio-butanol, diesel and their blends as alternate fuels.
- Funding Agency: Uttarakhand State Council for Science & Technology (Govt. of Uttarakhand) Dehradun- 248001
- Project Duration: 03 Years
- Total approved cost of the project (in Rs.): 08 Lakhs