Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
B.Sc (Hons) (Geology), Panjab University, Chandigarh
M.Sc (Hons). (Geology), Panjab University, Chandigarh
M.Tech (GIS & Remote Sensing), University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
PhD (pursuing), University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
Area of Specialization:
- GIS and Remote Sensing, Geology
Research & Publication:
- My teaching and research activities mainly focus on Geospatial Science and Remote Sensing which include Spatial modelling in GIS for user-specific applications, Urban change detection, Land use and land cover mapping, and Natural hazard analysis and mitigation. My current research activity is based on Radar remote sensing where my work focusses on monitoring and characterization of Land Subsidence due to Groundwater Depletion and Petroleum Extraction by Spaceborne DInSAR and Modelling Techniques.
- Here at the university, I teach Introduction to GIS, Photogrammetry-Remote Sensing &GPS; GPS and Satellite Navigation Systems, Applications of Geo-Informatics, Spatial Data Analysis and Modeling and conduct lab sessions to B.Tech students.
- Rishabh, Harmeet Singh Kathuria, Aggarwal Ashish., Mittal, Saurabh (2016). Application of Remote Sensing and GIS technique in rooftop mapping and PV module layout design, International Journal of Geomatics and Geosciences, Volume vol. 7, (2), pp. 159- 168
- Aggarwal Ashish, Soumya Saswat Mishra, Aman Chawla, Haribansh Singh (2017), Geospatial Analysis for Optimizing Disposal of Solid Waste, International Journal of Science and Research, Volume 6, pp. 1092-1096
- Divya Singhal, Gowthamraj Srinivasan, Aggarwal Ashish ( 2017). Analyzing the Solar Potential of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies with the Aid of Geo-Spatial Data, nternational Journal for Scientific Research & Development, Volume 5, pp. 1995-1998
- Aggarwal Ashish; Srivastava P.K.; Aman T. ;Chatterjee R.S.; Gupta D.K. (2019). Arcswat based geospatial modeling of rainfall-runoff processes in rupen basin, Mehsana district, Gujarat, Disaster Advances, Volume 12, pp. 1-13
- Yaggesh Sharma, Ashish Aggarwal, Jaspal Singh (2019). Development of Flow Duration Curves and Eco-Flow Metrics for the Tawi River Basin -(Jammu, India), International Journal of Advanced Remote Sensing and GIS, Volume 8(1), pp. 3114-3125
- Aggarwal Ashish, Srivastava P.K., Gupta D.K., Chatterjee R.S. (2020). GIS based Statistical Analysis of Seasonal Groundwater Trends and Rainfall Correlations in Kutch-Sabarmati Basin, Gujarat, India, Test Engineering and Management, Vol. 83, pp. 23709-23719.