Dr. Atul Kumar Patidar
B.Sc Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Holkar Science College, Indore, MP
M.Sc Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Holkar Science College, Indore, MP
Ph.D (Geology) ,The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat
Area of Specialization:
- Petroleum system characterization, Exploration & appraisal model planning, Geological risk assessment and probability estimations, Reservoir facies delineation, 3D Seismic interpretation and reserve estimation, Quantitative Geomorphology & Neotectonics, GPR
Research & Publications:
- The outcomes of the PhD and Industrial research work have been published in various international/ national journal. (Total Citation-209; h-index-8; i10-index-7; Ref: Google scholar, Scopus) (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Atul_Patidar) (https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=kdxihjwAAAAJ&hl=en)
Publications in International/ National Journals:
- D. M. Maurya, Vikas Chowksey, A. K. PATIDAR and L. S. Chamyal (2016). A review and new data on neotectonic evolution of active faults in the Kachchh Basin, Western India: the legacy of post-Deccan Trap tectonic inversion. Geological Society, London, Special Publications, 445, 237-268. Impact Factor- 2.47, Cited- 4 times
- Maurya, D. M., Thakkar. M. G., PATIDAR, A. K., Bhandari, S., Goyal, B. and Chamyal, L. S. (2008). Late Quaternary Geomorphic evolution of the costal zone of Kachchh, Western India. Journal of Coastal Research, 24, 746-758. Impact Factor- 0.85, Cited- 38 times
- PATIDAR, A. K., Maurya, D. M., Thakkar, M. G. and Chamyal, L. S. (2007). Fluvial geomorphology and neotectonic activity based on field and GPR data, Katrol hill range, Kachchh, western India. Quaternary International, (Elsevier), 159, 74-92. Impact Factor- 2.4, Cited- 38 times
- Mulchandani, N., PATIDAR, A. K., Vaid, S. I. and Maurya, D. M. (2007). Late Cenozoic geomorphic evolution in response to inversion: Evidence from field and GPR studies in Kim drainage basin, Western India. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, (Elsevier), 30, 33-52. Impact Factor- 2.64, Cited- 9 times
- Maurya, D. M., Goyal, B., PATIDAR, A. K., Mulchandani, N., Thakkar, M. G. and Chamyal, L. S. (2006). Ground Penetrating Radar imaging of two large sand blow craters related to the 2001 Bhuj earthquake, Kachchh, Western India. Journal of Applied Geophysics (Elsevier) 60 (2) 142-152. Impact Factor- 1.48, Cited- 23 time
- Patidar, A. K., Maurya, D. M. and Chamyal, L. S. (2006). Shallow Subsurface Characterization of Active Faults using Ground Penetrating Radar: Example from Katrol Hill Fault (KHF), Kachchh, Western India. Full Paper Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR 2006), The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio. Cited- 5 times
- Bhatt, N. P., Patidar, A. K., Maurya, D. M. and Chamyal, L. S. (2006). Delineation of Three Shallow Subsurface Faults using GPR in South Saurashtra, Western India. Full Paper Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR 2006), The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio. Cited- 4 times
- PATIDAR, A. K., Maurya, D. M., Thakkar, M. G. and Chamyal, L.S. (2008). Evidence of neotectonic reactivation of Katrol Hill Fault (KHF) during late Quaternary and its GPR characterization. Current Science, 94, 338-346. Impact Factor- 0.96, Cited- 19 times
- Shukla, S. B., PATIDAR, A. K. and Bhatt, N. (2008). Application of GPR in the study of shallow subsurface sedimentary architecture of Modwa spit, Gulf of Kachchh Journal of Earth System Sciences, 117, 33-40. Impact Factor- 0.94, Cited- 23 times
- Thakkar, M.G., Goyal, B., PATIDAR, A.K., Maurya, D.M. and Chamyal, L.S. (2006). Bed rock gorges in the central Mainland Kachchh: implications for landscape evolution Journal of Earth System Science, 115(2), 249-256. Impact Factor-0.94, Cited-14 times
- Alpa Sridhar and ATUL PATIDAR (2005). Ground Penetrating Radar studies of a point-bar in the Mahi River Basin, Gujarat. Current Science, 89, 183-189. Impact Factor- 0.96, Cited- 9 times
- .Maurya, D. M., PATIDAR, A. K., Mulchandani, N., Goyal, B., Thakkar, M. G., Bhandari, S., Vaid, S. I, Bhatt, N. P. and Chamyal, L. S. (2005). Need for initiating Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) studies along Active faults in India: An example from Kachchh. Current Science, 88, 231-240. Impact Factor- 0.96, Cited- 22 times
- Chamyal, L. S., PATIDAR, A. K. and Gupta, K. R. (2008). Fundamentals of Ground Penetrating Radar and its use in subsurface geological studies: examples from Gujarat, western India. Geo-spectrum Interface 2, 5-16.
- Sandipan Saha, Mainak Choudhuri, Atul Patidar, Rupesh Jha, Moumita Saha, Neeraj Sinha (2017). An integrated tectono-stratigraphic framework for Kachchh Basin and its conjugate areas. AAPG GTW, Mumbai, India, Page 1-3. (Ext. abstract and Poster)
- Minakshi Mishra, Atul Patidar, Deblina Bhawal, Abhimanyu Maitra, Dibyendu Guchhait, Ajai Bansal (2015). Value Enhancement in Prospect Maturation Using New Technologies. 22nd Annual India Oil and Gas Review Summit (IORS-2015) held at Mumbai, Page 1-7.
- A. K. Patidar (2007). Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) characterization of sand blow craters induced by 2001 Bhuj earthquake, Kachchh, Western India: Analogues for studying past liquefaction features. Forth Madhya Pradesh Science Congress held at Holkar Science College, Indore from 26-27 Dec 2007 (Full paper).
- Shipra Chaudhary., Y.P. Sundriyal., Atul Patidar., Yogesh Ray., Pradeep Srivastava and S.P. Sati (2008). GPR and neotectonic studies in the lower alaknanda Valley- Lesser Garhwal Himalaya: Implication to Mountain building. Himalayan Geology, Page 19, Vol 29 (3).
- R. Jayangondaperumal., Senthil kumar., Y.P. Sundriyal., L.S. Chamyal., Atul K. Patidar and Shipra Chaudhary (2008). Mapping of active faults in the Dehradun valley using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), NW Garhwal Himalaya India. Himalayan Geology, Page 35, Vol 29 (3).