Dr. Gaurav Pandey
Assistant Professor, Senior Scale
Department of Petroleum Engineering & Earth Sciences and School of Engineering
Papers published in journals: 8
Papers presented in conferences: 12
Citations: 115, h-index: 5 and i-10 index: 4
|Program||Institution/Board||Year of Completion|
|Joint Ph.D.||IIT Madras – NUS Singapore||2020|
M Tech in Petroleum Engineering
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai||2015|
B Tech in Mechanical Engineering
|Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow||2012|
|XII||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi||2007|
|X||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi||2005|
Honours and Achievements:
1. Top 2 in the M.Tech (Petroleum Engineering).
2. Gate 2013 qualified with Gate score 595 (AIR 1187).
3. School Topper in class X. (CBSE Examination).
4. Fourth Position in District in Class X.
5. Session chair at AOTULE Conference held at Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
6. Best Paper Award received at ADCHE 2020 Conference held at UPES Dehradun.
a) Contribution: Published 8 Peer reviewed international journal, and 12 International conferences, reviewer of Applied Energy (Elsevier, Impact factor: 8.848) , Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering (Elsevier, Impact factor: 3.841) and Energy and Fuels (American Chemical Society, Impact factor: 3.421)
b) Interests: Gas Hydrates, Clean Energy, Energy storage, Flow Assurance, Rheology, Crystallography, Morphology, Enhanced oil recovery and drilling fluids, CO2 capture/storage, desalination
1. Gaurav Pandey, Jitendra S Sangwai*, High Pressure Rheological Studies of Methane Hydrate Slurries Formed from Water-Hexane, Water-Heptane, and Water-Decane Multiphase Systems. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering (Elsevier, IF: 3.841), 2020 vol. 81, 103365.
2. Gaurav Pandey, Hari Prakash Veluswamy, Jitendra S Sangwai, Praveen Linga*, Morphology study of mixed methane-tetrahydrofuran hydrates with and without the presence of salt. Energy and Fuels (American Chemical Society, IF: 3.421), 2019 vol. 33 (6), 4865-4876.
3. Gaurav Pandey, Gaurav Bhattacharjee, Hari Prakash Veluswamy, Rajnish Kumar, Jitendra S Sangwai, Praveen Linga*, Alleviation of foam formation in a surfactant driven gas hydrate system: insights via a detailed morphological study. Applied Energy Materials (American Chemical Society, IF: 4.473), 2018 vol. 1 (12), 6899-6911.
4. Gaurav Pandey, Asheesh Kumar, Hari Prakash Veluswamy Jitendra S Sangwai, Praveen Linga*, Morphological studies of mixed methane tetrahydrofuran hydrates in saline water for energy storage application. Energy Procedia (Elsevier), 2017 vol. 143, 786-791.
5. Gaurav Pandey, Praveen Linga, Jitendra S Sangwai*, High pressure rheology of gas hydrate formed from multiphase systems using modified coquette rheometer. Review of Scientific Instruments (American Institute of Physics, IF: 1.480), 2017 vol. 88, 025102.
6. Deepjyoti Mech, Gaurav Pandey, Jitendra S Sangwai*, Effect of NaCl, methanol and ethylene glycol on the phase equilibrium of methane hydrate in aqueous solutions of tetrahydrofuran (THF) and tetra-n-butyl ammonium bromide (TBAB). Fluid Phase Equilibria (Elsevier, IF: 2.838), 2015 vol. 402, 9-17.
7. Deepjyoti Mech, Gaurav Pandey, Jitendra S Sangwai*, Effect of molecular weight of polyethylene glycol (PEG) on the equilibrium dissociation pressures of methane hydrate system. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data (American Chemical Society, IF: 2.369), 2015, vol. 60 (6), 1878–1885.
8. Varun Govindarajan, Deepjyoti Mech, Gaurav Pandey, Jitendra S Sangwai*, Kinetics of methane hydrate formation in the presence of activated carbon and nano-silica suspensions in pure water. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering (Elsevier, IF: 3.841), 2015, vol. 26, 810-818.
Society of Petroleum Engineers
NUS Research Scholarship
MHRD Research Scholarship