Dr. Gaurav Pandey
Assistant Professor, Senior Scale
Department of Petroleum Engineering & Earth Sciences and School of Engineering
Papers published in journals: 8
Papers presented in conferences: 12
Citations: 115, h-index: 5 and i-10 index: 4
|Program||Institution/Board||Year of Completion|
|Joint Ph.D.||IIT Madras – NUS Singapore||2020|
M Tech in Petroleum Engineering
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai||2015|
B Tech in Mechanical Engineering
|Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow||2012|
|XII||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi||2007|
|X||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi||2005|
Honours and Achievements:
- Top 2 in the M.Tech (Petroleum Engineering).
- Gate 2013 qualified with Gate score 595 (AIR 1187).
- School Topper in class X. (CBSE Examination).
- Fourth Position in District in Class X.
- Session chair at AOTULE Conference held at Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
- Best Paper Award received at ADCHE 2020 Conference held at UPES Dehradun.
- Contribution: Published 8 Peer reviewed international journal, and 12 International conferences, reviewer of Applied Energy (Elsevier, Impact factor: 8.848) , Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering (Elsevier, Impact factor: 3.841) and Energy and Fuels (American Chemical Society, Impact factor: 3.421)
- Interests: Gas Hydrates, Clean Energy, Energy storage, Flow Assurance, Rheology, Crystallography, Morphology, Enhanced oil recovery and drilling fluids, CO2 capture/storage, desalination
- Gaurav Pandey, Jitendra S Sangwai*, High Pressure Rheological Studies of Methane Hydrate Slurries Formed from Water-Hexane, Water-Heptane, and Water-Decane Multiphase Systems. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering (Elsevier, IF: 3.841), 2020 vol. 81, 103365.
- Gaurav Pandey, Hari Prakash Veluswamy, Jitendra S Sangwai, Praveen Linga*, Morphology study of mixed methane-tetrahydrofuran hydrates with and without the presence of salt. Energy and Fuels (American Chemical Society, IF: 3.421), 2019 vol. 33 (6), 4865-4876.
- Gaurav Pandey, Gaurav Bhattacharjee, Hari Prakash Veluswamy, Rajnish Kumar, Jitendra S Sangwai, Praveen Linga*, Alleviation of foam formation in a surfactant driven gas hydrate system: insights via a detailed morphological study. Applied Energy Materials (American Chemical Society, IF: 4.473), 2018 vol. 1 (12), 6899-6911.
- Gaurav Pandey, Asheesh Kumar, Hari Prakash Veluswamy Jitendra S Sangwai, Praveen Linga*, Morphological studies of mixed methane tetrahydrofuran hydrates in saline water for energy storage application. Energy Procedia (Elsevier), 2017 vol. 143, 786-791.
- Gaurav Pandey, Praveen Linga, Jitendra S Sangwai*, High pressure rheology of gas hydrate formed from multiphase systems using modified coquette rheometer. Review of Scientific Instruments (American Institute of Physics, IF: 1.480), 2017 vol. 88, 025102.
- Deepjyoti Mech, Gaurav Pandey, Jitendra S Sangwai*, Effect of NaCl, methanol and ethylene glycol on the phase equilibrium of methane hydrate in aqueous solutions of tetrahydrofuran (THF) and tetra-n-butyl ammonium bromide (TBAB). Fluid Phase Equilibria (Elsevier, IF: 2.838), 2015 vol. 402, 9-17.
- Deepjyoti Mech, Gaurav Pandey, Jitendra S Sangwai*, Effect of molecular weight of polyethylene glycol (PEG) on the equilibrium dissociation pressures of methane hydrate system. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data (American Chemical Society, IF: 2.369), 2015, vol. 60 (6), 1878–1885.
- Varun Govindarajan, Deepjyoti Mech, Gaurav Pandey, Jitendra S Sangwai*, Kinetics of methane hydrate formation in the presence of activated carbon and nano-silica suspensions in pure water. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering (Elsevier, IF: 3.841), 2015, vol. 26, 810-818.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- NUS Research Scholarship
- MHRD Research Scholarship
- Gate Scholarship