Dr. Pushpa Sharma
No. Papers published in journals: 51
No. Papers presented in conferences: 33
No. Citations: Google Scholar – 25, High Index: 3
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
Ph. D., Physical Chemistry, Agra University, Agra 1982
- UPES: 7 years and 10 months (Since August’ 2013)
- Distinguished Professor (January 2019-till date)
- Professor (August 2013-December 2018)
- ONGC- 28 Years 2 Months as a Reservoir Engineer (May 1985- July 2013)
- Joined ONGC in May 1985 as an Assistant Director (Reservoir) (Class-I Officer) at KDMIPE, ONGC Dehradun.
- Worked at IRS Ahmedabad as Manger Reservoir in NHBS Development Group.
- Chief Manager (Reservoir) in Reservoir Development Division, Reservoir Group, KDMIPE, ONGC, Dehradun
Honours and Achievements:
- Task Force Member of Energy Biosciences, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology Government of India (Year 2017 & 2018).
- External member of Board of Studies (BOS) for B. Tech. Petroleum Engineering Program, Presidency University, Bengaluru (Year 2017 & 2018)
- Delivered lectures from 18th to 20th of June, 2018 (Three days) to Petroleum Engineering, at DUIET, Dibrugarh University under Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on the area ‘Reservoir Modelling and Simulation in EOR perspective.
- Received Cash award for outstanding performance by Head IRS in January’ 2007 for giving new oil locations in Neelam Field.
- Received Certificate of Merit and mementos for my outstanding contributions in Reservoir during the Year 2009 by ED-HOI, KDMIPE, Dehradun
- Received Certificate of Merit and mementos for my outstanding contributions in the field of Reservoir Management during the Year 2011 by ED-HOI, KDMIPE, Dehradun
- Consolation prize in May 1991 for Paper contest-1990 by North India Section, SPE, Dehradun.
- Best Technical Speaker Certificate in IORS-99, Symposium at Taj Mahal, Mumbai
- Received Best paper award in Explotech-2011, KDMIPE, ONGC, Dehradun
- Received RAMACHAR award for Best Paper during my research work at Agra college Agra by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in September’ 1982.
- Reservoir Modeling and Simulation, EOR/IOR, Artificial Intelligence for Enhancing Oil Recovery in low Salinity Reservoir, Unconventional Methods (Shale Gas, tight gas, Coal Bed Methane, CO2 Sequestration, Gas Hydrate), Oil & Gas Field Development, Reservoir Characterization, Petro physical Studies, Reservoir Engineering, Nanotechnology Pipeline Corrosion and lectrochemistry.
- 38 years research experience out of which, 28 years contributed in Reservoir Engineering, Modelling and Simulation of conventional and Unconventional reservoir, Reservoir characterization and Development strategies of onshore, Offshore and marginal fields of ONGC.
- 28 years and 2 months experience as a Petrophysicist and Reservoir Engineer in ONGC for determination of Petrophysical, electrical parameters and reservoir parameters under ambient and reservoir conditions for almost all fields of ONGC and established various correlations for improved formation evaluation and realistic estimation of volume of in place hydrocarbons.
- Prepared Petrophysical Data Book in three volumes, which were first of its kind in ONGC, which was appreciated by Vice Chairman, Members and various Work Centers of ONGC.
- Developed various softwares useful for Petrophysical lab, which helps to make calculations, tabulation and graphics.
- Developed Nomograms for Synthetic Capillary Pressure.
- Implementation of six sigma concept and prepared procedures in document form for ISO: 9001:2000 in Petrophysical labs of IRS, Ahmedabad and KDMIPE, Dehradun. Implementation of six sigma pilot project for Sobhasan field.
- Established Permeability from well logs for improved reservoir characterization and reservoir simulation.
- Work done on Reservoir Characterization, Reservoir Modeling & Simulation of Conventional and Unconventional Reservoir and Reservoir Characterization using Various Softwares (CMG. Petrel RE, Eclipse, FOREGAS, MBAL Softwares).
- Contributed to development activities in the field of Reservoir Modeling, Characterization, EOR and Microbial EOR and formulate the various Development strategies for various marginal, Neelam, Heera and Bassein Offshore fields.
- Was involved in development planning for a large number of Marginal fields in Western Offshore through a unique concept of Cluster development in addition to redevelopment of major fields both offshore and onshore.
- Developed number of reservoirs engineering application software in house, which helped oil field development, interpretation of laboratory data and transient well test analysis.
- Guided the Dissertation work/Thesis of B. Tech., M.Tech. Students of University of Petroleum, ISM, BHU, Roorkee & IIT Kharagpur.
- 10 years research experiences in the field of Reservoir engineering, Petro physical engineering, Reservoir characterization and Reservoir simulation & modelling, Oil & Gas field development for conventional/Unconventional reservoir, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Network in EOR and guided Major & Minor Projects of B. Tech., M. Tech. and Ph. D. students research works.
- Guided Students guidance for Petrel Ocean Plug-In Schlumberger Competitions (India, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh). Students won the 2nd Prize (1 Lakhs) in 2013 & 2014
- Guided Students for Theme: Oil and Gas Policy Framework of India-Cairn ACE (Amazing Champions of Energy) III Challenge, which was organized by Cairn India in the UPES Campus. The Campus Finals were organized for the Top 5 teams that were selected from all the entries from the University. Team Nuevo (Shivam Saxena, Amritansh Tripathi, Agam Rawat, Shreya Singh) Emerged victorious winning a cash prize of Rs. One Lakh.Team Petrocrats (Aamir Lokhandwala, Rupal Ranjan, Parth Singh, Jaya Srivastava) came second winning a cash prize of Rs. Fifty Thousand. Team Nuevo was select to represent the university at the national finals.
- Book Chapter-Optimization Techniques for History Matching and Production Forecasting” Manuscript (Ref. no. 2020/BP/7815D), Published as a chapter in the International Publication, London, U.K., book New Ideas Concerning Science and Technology, Vol. 12, 1 May 2021, Page 123-140 https://doi.org/10.9734/bpi/nicst/v12/7815D
- MATPR MATPR-D-21-04902R1-Analysis of Cathodically protected steel pipeline corrosion under the influence of Alternating Current, Material Today Proceeding, Accepted for Publication in Conference and Publication in ICFMMP-2021, Scopus 2.47
- MATPR-S-21-04412_25.03.2021- Rheological Study of Fluid Flow Model through Computational Flow Dynamics Analysis and Its Implications in Mud Hydraulics Material Today Proceeding, Accepted, Presented in AICTE Sponsored International Conference on Sustainable materials, manufacturing and Renewable Technologies (i-Smart2021, on 22-23 April 2021)
- Ajit Kumar Thakur*, Adarsh Kumar Arya and Pushpa Sharma, “The science of alternating current-induced corrosion: a review of literature on pipeline corrosion induced due to high-voltage alternating current transmission pipelines”. Published in Corrosion Reviews 2020; aop, DE GRUYTER https://doi.org/10.1515/corrrev- 2020-0044, Received May 9, 2020; accepted August 27, 2020 published online October 23, 2020, SCI Journal, Impact Factor 3.06.
- Giridhar Vadicharla, Pushpa Sharma Optimization Techniques for History Matching and Production Forecasting’, published in ‘International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE)’, ISSN: 2277-3878 (Online), Volume-8 Issue- 4, November 2019. Page No.: 106-116, B Impact Factor 5.92 for the year 2018, https://www.ijrte.org/download/volume-8-issue-4/ Scopus
- Dr. Pushpa Sharma, V. K. Kudapa and Manish Kumar, “Screening criteria for selecting appropriate EOR method”, , Published in International Edition, Dew Journal, ISSN 0971-7242, Oil & Gas Section, Volume 27, Number 10, August’ 2018, Page no.39-45 (UGC approved Journal).
- 7. Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Mr. Manish Kumar and Dr. D. K. Gupta 3D numerical simulation of clastic reservoir with bottom water drive using various IOR Techniques for maximizing recovery, Published in Springer Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology, ISSN 2190-0558,J Petrol Explor. Prod. Technol. https://DOI 10.1007/s13202-018-0523-7, Published online 30th July’2018. SCI, Impact Factor 1.10.
- Mandira Agarwal, Mandar Rampure, Abhijit Todkar, Pushpa Sharma, Ethanol from maize: an entrepreneurial opportunity in agribusiness, Published in Biofuels, 18th April’2018,Taylor & Francis, Taylor & Francis Group, UK Limited. ISSN: 1759-7269 (Print) 17597277 (Online), https://doi.org/10.1080/17597269.2018.1457310. Scopus 1.0
- Mr.Vamsi Krishna, Dr.Pushpa Sharma, Vibhor Kansal and Dr.D.K.Gupta, Paper Published in 2nd Feb.’2017, SPRINGER Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology, “Modelling and simulation of gas flow behavior in shale reservoirs”, Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology (PEPT), Vol. 7, No., DOI 10.1007/s13202-017-0324-4 2nd Feb’2017.http://rdcu.be/oYXu SCI, Impact Factor-1.1
- Mr.Vamsi Krishna Kudapa, Dr.D.K.Gupta and Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Paper Accepted for Publication in May’2017 in One Petro (SPE-187473-MS) “Modelling of Gas Production from Shale Matrix to Fracture Network” , SPE Intelligent Oil and Gas Symposium held in Abu Dhabi, UAE, 9-10 May 201. Scopus, Impact Factor-2
- Mr.Vamsi Krishna Kudapa, Dr. D.K.Gupta and Dr. Pushpa Sharma, "Modeling of gas production from shale matrix to fracture network", Published in Springer Transactions in Civil & Environmental Engineering, Springer Nature Singapore, Ptc. Ltd. 2018, N. A.Siddiqui etal., Advanced in Fire and processing Safety. Page nos. 21-43, January’2018. (ISSN 2363-7633 and ISSN 2363-7641 electronics) https://doi.org/10.1007/798-981-10-7281-9_3, Scopus
- Fracture analysis and strike orientation through XRMI logs by Shashank Lele,
Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Mandira Agarwal and Dr. D.K. Srivastava, International Edition, Drilling & Exploration World Dew Journal, ISSN 0971-7242, Petroleum Engineering Section, Volume 26, Number 09, July’ 2017, Page no. 49-51.
- 13. Mr. Manish Kumar, Dr. Pushpa Sharma , Dr. D. K. Gupta , Published in Feb.’ 2017. “Optimization of vertical well completion in a saturated reservoir with Bottom Water Drive for maximizing recovery”, “Biofuels” (Taylor & Francis) ISSN: 1759-7269 (Print) 1759-7277 (Online) Journal homepage: http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/tbfu20. Published on 9th February'2017. Scopus, Impact Factor-1
- 14. Mr. Manish Kumar, Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Dr. D. K. Gupta, 2016. Application of Inflow control devices in Horizontal well in bottom water drive reservoir using Reservoir Simulation, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJER), ISSN 2278-0181, Volume 04, Issue 04, April’2015, Page No. 861-869. Scopus Impact Factor:7.87
- Mr. Manish Kumar, Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Dr. D. K. Gupta, 2016. Completion design optimization of multilateral well to maximize hydrocarbon production in a bottom water drive reservoir, International Journal of Engineering Development and Research (IJEDR), (www.ijedr.org), 2016 IJEDR | Volume 4, Issue 2 | ISSN: 2321-9939.
- Mr. Manish Kumar, Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Dr. D. K. Gupta, Published in April’ 2017. Integrated approach for maximizing recovery from Oligocene reservoir under bottom water drive, International Journal of oil, gas and coal technology J. Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, Vol. 15, No. 2, Page No. 121-150, Online Publication Date on: Tuesday, 18 April’ 2017. Scopus Impact Factor-1.68
- Mr. Manish Kumar, Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Dr. D. K. Gupta , Accepted in April’2017 “Sensitivity study of horizontal length, offset from water oil contact and withdrawal rate of Horizontal well in Bottom Water Drive reservoir", Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology (PEPT), SPRINGER Journal, Published Online 29th April 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13202-017-0348-9, Scopus Impact Factor-1.1
- Well Sickness Diagnosis and Treatment Techniques, By Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Dr. Saurabh Mittal and Dr. D. K. Gupta, Published in International Edition, Dew Journal, ISSN 0971-7242, Oil & Gas Section, Volume 25, Number 03, January’ 2016, Page no.47-52.
Papers Presented and Published at Conference/Seminars/Workshops
- Blending Effects of High Ash Coal and Biomass on Co-gasification" by Alka D. Kamble, Manas Mudoi, Pushpa Sharma, and Prakash D. Chavan International Seminar on 5-7th Feb 2020 (AdChe 2020) to be held by at UPES.
- Stress condition modeling to optimize mud weight window for efficient drilling(STMP20OP111) Authored by Dr. Dharmendra Kumar Gupta, Kamal Chandra Dani and Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Virtually Presented on 8th August 2020 Time 2.30PM to 3.45 PM, Name of conference: Sustainable Management of Environment & Natural Resource through Innovation in Science and Technology SMTST 2020”, organized by UPES from 7 to 8 August’ 2020.
- Mr. Manish Kumar, Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Dr. D.K.Gupta , 2016. Investigation of water breakthrough in a bottom water drive reservoir using reservoir simulation: a case study of oligocene sand of upper assam basin, India , The paper published and was also presented at Chemcon-2015 , 27-30 December 2015 , IIT-Guwahati ,Assam.
- Mr.Vamsi Krishna Kudapa, Dr.D.K.Gupta and Dr. Pushpa Sharma. 2016. A New Model for Flow of Gas in Shale Matrix Using Matrix Compressibility Concept, The paper were presented at International Shale Oil and Gas Workshop, 7-10 January 2016, Annamalai University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Mr.Vamsi Krishna Kudapa, Dr.D.K.Gupta and Dr.Pushpa Sharma,2016. Modeling of Gas Production from Shale Matrix to Fracture Network. The paper was presented at International Conference on advances in the field of health, safety, fire, environment, allied sciences and Engineering, 18-19 November 2016, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun.(Achieved Best Paper Award).
- Dr. Pushpa Sharma and Shivam Saxena, “Coal Bed Methane Geo-mechanics - Field Experiences & Developing a Computer Application”, Published & Presented in Oral presentation in SPG, India Conference, 4th to 6th December’ 2015 at Jaipur.
- An Integrated Approach For Sustainable Development of Mature Field Using IOR Techniques: A Case History Of Oligocene Sand Of Upper Assam Basin, India By M. Kumar, Pushpa Sharma, A. Dutt,; D. K. Gupta, A. Pandey, S. Yomdo Paper accepted in Kuwait Oil & Gas Show & Conference 2015, SPE.
- Study of the various EOR Methods (Chemical Injection and Steam Flooding with case) by Saahil Vaswani, Md. Ismail Iqbal and Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Presented in International Conference on Science, Technology and Management (ICSTM-2015), New Delhi, Organized by AR Research Publication and Published in International Journal of Science, Technology and Management (ISSN-2394-1537) IN Volume 04, Special Issue 01, February’ 2015.
- Integrated Reservoir Characterization for Field Development by Pushpa Sharma, Anubhav Kohli and Palak Arora, (ID Number 2005114), University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Energy Acres, Bidholi Campus via Prem Nagar, Dehradun – 248007, Uttarakhand, India. Paper Published & Presented in GEOINDIA 3rd South Asian Geoscience Conference GEOINDIA Conference 11-14 January’ 2015.
- Carbonate complexities affecting hydrocarbon recovery and overview of recovery optimization techniques by A. Rawat, P. Sharma (ID Number: 2005173), University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, PO Bidholi, Energy Acres Via Prem Nagar, Dehradun 248007, Published & Presented in GEOINDIA 3rd South Asian Geoscience Conference GEOINDIA Conference 11-14 January’ 2015.
- Disposition of Tectonically Controlled Hydrocarbon Reservoirs and Integrated Approach for Simulation in Cambay Basin Rift basin exploration (DIVERGENT MARGINS) by Pushpa Sharma and K. S. Misra (ID Number: 2012757) Published & Presented in GEOINDIA 3rd South Asian Geoscience Conference GEOINDIA, 11-14 January’ 2015.
- Use of Artificial Neural Network to Select the Appropriate EOR Method for a Reservoir Field by K. Steffones and P. Sharma (ID Number: 20011180), UPES, PO Bidholi, Energy Acres Via Prem Nagar, Dehradun 248007, Published & Presented in GEOINDIA 3rd South Asian Geoscience Conference GEOINDIA Conference 11-14 January’ 2015.
- Numerical Modelling to optimize CO2 injection for enhancing gas production from coal and shale reservoirs.” Principal Investigator: Dr. Pushpa Sharma and Co- Principal Investigator: Dr. Vamsi Krishna Kudapa.[upes] Studied Petrophysical parameters and coal samples of slim holes at reservoir stress conditions and identified drilling fluids for prevention of formation damage in high permeability zones.
- Prepared Reservoir Simulation models for evaluation of production potential of Neelam, Heera, and Marginal fields i.e. WO-5, WO-15, WO-16, B-134/B-37, B-147, B-172, B-192, B-193, B-59, B-121/ B-119 & B-22 structures through CMG-IMEX Simulator & Black oil simulator (Workbench).
- Reservoir characterization of South Heera field through GRIDSTAT and Sand distribution and potential evaluation of Panna formation of Heera & South Heera fields.
- Compositional study of B-55 field through CMG-WIN PROP & IMEX Simulators.
- Development study of Vasai East field through Eclipse Simulator.
- Performance evaluations of Neelam, Heera-South Heera through Reservoir Simulation.
- Prepared Reservoir Simulation model for evaluation of production potential of Bassein field.
- Performance Review of gas fields, B-23A, C-22, C-24, C-39, D-33 through FORGAS Software.
- Seismic to Simulation of B-173A Field through Petrel-RE software
- Established Permeability from well logs by using ACE and ANN methods for better Reservoir Characterization of various Onshore and Offshore (Mumbai High) Fields.
- E-facies Characterization of Mumbai High South, Basement, Basal Clastic, Shale Gas, Tight Gas Reservoirs and Onshore fields.
- Performance Review of oil and gas fields of onshore fields (Ankleshwar, Cauvery Basin, Gandhar &Cambay Basin) by using CMG and FORGAS Software.
Faculty at ONGC:
- Delivered the Lectures on various topics of Reservoir Engineering (Petrophysical studies, Reserves estimation EOR, Reservoir Simulation and Modeling, E-facies and Reservoir Characterization) to GT’S, Summer Trainees of Petroleum Universities and Executives at ONGC Academy, Reservoir Group, KDMIPE Dehradun and IRS, Ahmedabad.
Faculty members of three courses in ONGC
- Basic concepts of wire line log interpretation and its integration with core derived parameters, Venue: RTI, Chennai (Certificate of Merit in December’2000).
- Exploration and exploitation of natural gas hydrates, IMD, Dehradun (Certificate of Merit in May’2001).
- Delivered lectures on Reservoir Engineering, Reservoir Simulation, Core, PVT, EOR and Reservoir Management to Senior Executives (E-1 to E-4) in GL-64 Course (February’ 2011) at IMD, ONGC Academy, Dehradun
- Member of Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Member of SEG
- Travelling; Photography, Reading Cultural and Sports activities. Participated in various Quiz competitions cultural and sports activities and received the various awards