Dr. Sunil Kr. Khare
B.Sc. (Physics), University of Allahabad.
M.Sc. (Applied Geology),University of Allahabad
Ph.D. (Geochemistry),IIT(ISM) Dhanbad
Area of Specialization:
Onshore and offshore Drilling Operations, Drilling Analytics, Petroleum Geology, Big Data and Analytics for Upstream, RTOC services, software solution development and support, Igneous Petrology and Geochemistry.
Research & Publications:
International and National Journals:
- Asthana D., Khare S.K., Pophare A.M., Dash M.R. (1997): Comments on Geochemistry of the Dongargarh volcanic rocks, Central India: implications on Precambrian mantle: Precambrian Research 84, 105-107.
- Asthana D., Dash M.R., Pophare A.M., Khare S.K. (1996): Interstratified low Ti and high Ti volcanic in arc-related Khairagarh Group of Central India. Current Science, vol. 71, 304-306.
- Asthana D., Dash M.R., Pophare A.M., Khare S.K. (1997): Reply to comments of H.K. Pandey on Interstratified low-Ti and high-Ti volcanic in arc-related Khairagarh Group of Central India. Current Science Vol. 72, No 3, 165-166.
- Asthana D., Dash M.R., Khare S.K., Pophare A.M., (2001): Paleoproterozoic Hi-Mg Andesite and related igneous rocks from Central India and their geodynamic implications. Gondwana Research 4 (4), 565-566.
- Sunil Kumar Khare, Chunling Gu Coffman, John Christian Luppens: (CA 2907557 A1 (Canada), US 20150371344 A1 (USA), CN 105074128 A (China), EP 2978936 A1 (Europe), WO 2014160561 A1) Automated Rig Activity Report Generation. A method for automatically generating a drilling rig activity report while operating the rig includes receiving sensor measurements from a plurality of surface sensors deployed on the drilling rig.
- Sunil Kumar Khare (2016): EP3263831A1 EP Application System and Method for Drill String Slip Status Change Detection for Efficient Drilling Operation in Oil & Gas Rigs. Patent filed for Wipro Technologies
Computer Vision for Drilling
- Sunil Kumar Khare (2018): A computer vision and AI enabled system and method for drilling efficiency optimization. Work in progress.
Developed software “Rig soft” for basic and advanced drill operation computations.