Ms. Shubhangi Kala
DST-INSPIRE FELLOW (SRF)
Ph. D. (Earth Science) University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India. Ongoing
M.Sc. (Geology) The M.S. University of Baroda, India 2015
B.Sc. (Geology) The M.S. University of Baroda, India 2013
- I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in mineralogical, pore and organic geochemical characterization of gas shale at the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India. My research interests involves geochemical and petrophysical characterization of gas shale for understanding the hydrocarbon potential, pore attributes and depositional environment conditions in the source-reservoir rocks
- I have experience in field and laboratory (XRD, SEM, XRF, AAS, ICPMS, Rock-Eval, FTIR, GC-MS, GC-IRMS and BET) analysis and interpretations. The experiments conducted to fulfill the Ph.D. objectives were accomplished by collaboration with various institutions like ONGC, NGRI, BSIP, WIHG, GERMI, IIT-Roorkee and IIT-Kharagpur.
- My work experience also extends towards teaching laboratory-based (Surveying Lab) and theoretical (Introductory Geology) subjects.
- DST-Inspire Fellowship (2017-2022)
- European Association of Geochemistry (EAG)
- European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE)
- Goldschmidt, 2019 (Barcelona, Spain)