Nitu Kumari Thakur
Bachelor of Technology 2011-2015) Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering & Technology (DUIET), Department of Petroleum Engineerings CGPA of 8.48 on a 10 point scale.
Master of Technology)2015-2017)Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Department of Petroleum Engineering) CGPA of 9.21 on a 10 point scale
- Currently working as Assistant Professor, Energy Cluster in University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun since July, 2018.
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering in Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad from August, 2017 to June, 2017. Experienced in teaching subjects like Reservoir Engineering, Well completion and Petroleum Product Testing Lab. Supervising 6 undergraduate students for their final year dissertation.
- Two year experience as a Teaching Assistant under the supervision of Dr. Shivanjali Sharma session 2015-17 at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology.
Honours and Achievements:
- Currently working on “Performance Evaluation of Ionic Liquids as Shale Inhibitor”.(2022)
- RISE project on “Synthesis and testing of Nano-based polymeric surfactant displacing nuid for enhancing residual oil recovery”. (2019)
- RISE project on “Flow improvement of Indian waxy crude oils for transportation through pipelines”.(2019)
- Worked on Govt. of India DST Project, “SB/S3/CE/067/2015”.
- Effect of Bismuth Ferrite on the rheological and fluid loss properties of drilling mud. Under the guidance of Dr. Shivanjali Sharma performed experiments to determine the effect of bismuth ferrite (metal oxide) on the properties of drilling mud. Further investigated its application in HPHT wells.
- Application of Nanoparticles Prepared by Calcining the Electrospun Solution in the Synthesis of Drilling Mud and its effect on wellbore stability for unconventional wells. Experimental determination of the effects of various nanoparticles and its further application on shale formations.
- Wax and its effect on petroleum industry Description: Under the guidance of Mr. Bhaskar Saikia studied about the adverse effect of wax in petroleum industry focussing on upstream and midstream and various ways to combat it. Also studied about the pipeline simulator and its various units.
Area of Specialization:
- Rheological properties of Drilling fluid
- Shale stability
- Unconventional Reservoir
- Research Publication: “Enhancing the properties of water based drilling fluid using bismuth ferrite nanoparticles”, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects”, IF=4.99
- Clay-Water Interaction Inhibition Using Amine and Glycol-based Deep Eutectic Solvents for Efficient Drilling of Shale Formations, Journal of Molecular Liquids IF=6.25