Dr. Kush Kalra
BA LLB (Hons.) - Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
LL.M – Kurukshetra University
Ph.D – Sharda University
Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights - National Law School of India University
Constitutional Law, Legal Aid, Criminal Law, Matrimonial Disputes, Gender and Law, Election Law
- Casebook on Right to Information Act, 2005, Thomson Reuters, 2019 Edition, ISBN 978-9389046458
- Role of Judiciary as a Catalyst of Social Change, Thomson Reuters, 2019 Edition, ISBN 978-9389407334
- Landmark Judgments of Supreme Court, Bloomsbury, 2021 Edition, ISBN 978-9389867459
- Death Penalty for Rape and Murder in India, Bloomsbury, 2020 Edition, ISBN 9789390176496
- Member, Indian Youth Delegation to China, 2012
- Attended 3rd UNAOC Summer School organized by University of Aveiro and the Euro-Mediterranean University, Coimbra, Portugal,5 to 12 August, 2012.
- Study Tour to Columbia University, Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, New Delhi,12-18 October, 2015
Essay Competitions Won:
- Awarded Second Prize in Vision Draft Gnosiomania 2009 held at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad from 16th-18th January, 2009.
- Awarded Second Position in India Calling Spring Fest held at IIT, Kharagpur in 2009.
- Awarded Best Entry by First Year Student From all Law Schools in Manupatra Annual Essay Competition 2008.
- Won Second Prize Participated in the 6th All India Lawz Essay Competition 2009, initiated by Ganesa Venkatasubramaniam Public Charitable Trust and organized by Lawz, Magazine
- Adjudged as Best Essay in Giri and Giri Legal Research Competition 2009 on the topic Global Warming: Concerns and Challenges and has been selected for publication.
- Secured Third Position in D.M. Harish Annual National Essay Writing Competition 2009-2010.
- Won Second Prize in Manupatra Annual Essay Competition, 2010 on the Topic “Can Human Rights be Universal and Have respect for Cultural Relativism”
- Won First Prize in essay competition organized by Liberal Youth Forum, RGNUL, Patiala on the topic “Youth Representation in Elected Bodies: Role in Well Functioning Democracy”
- Won First Prize in Essay Writing Competition on the topic “Surrogate Arrangements: Legal and Social Issues” organized by Law Centre-I Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
- Won Second Prize in the 4th NLSIR-Palkhivala Foundation Taxation Law Essay Competition held in February, 2011
- Winner of the West Law Award for the BLOG POST Writing Competition, 2011 organized by Mighty Laws.in and sponsored by Westlaw India.
- Won First Prize in competition success review essay contest no. 608 held in October for the entry titled “The role of Media in Society”
- Won First Prize in Third CSR Super Brain Essay Contest 2012 (SB-3) for the entry titled “Why do I like Aviation Industry”
- Won Third Prize in the 5th NLSIR-Nani Palkhivala Foundation Taxation Law Essay Competition, 2012.
- Won First Prize in Advocate Rajendra Mehta Memorial All India Legal Essay Competition, 2012 organised by TILER for the essay titled “Legal Education in 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities for India”.
- Participated in professional advancement training for middle-level advocates on constitutional law practice and human rights advocacy held in Delhi, 7-11 November, 2012 organised by IBA-CLE Chair, NLSIU and Menon institute of legal advocacy training.
- Completed a course on “How to Engage in Broadband Policy and Regulatory Processes” organized by LIRNEasia and IJLT, NLSIU on 5-8 April, 2013 at Hotel Citrus Bangalore, Supported by Ford Foundation.
- Participated in 4thIPCS workshop: Contemporary Nuclear Discourses: Doctrines, Deterrence and Disarmament organized by Institute for Peace and conflict Studies, 16-20th November, 2012
- Participated in professional development training for Lawyers and Law Teachers on Fighting Corruption: Role of Law Schools, Lawyers and Courts held in Patiala, 02-05 October, 2014 organised by IBA-CLE Chair, NLSIU and Menon institute of legal advocacy training.
- Completed an Advanced Course in Corporate Laws organised by National Academy of Law Teachers and Centre for Corporate Law and Governance, National Law University, Delhi held from June 13 to June 18, 2016.
- Attended the two day National Workshop on ADR Methods organised by the National Academy of Law Teachers (NALT), Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of National Law University, Delhi with the Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law on October, 20-21, 2016
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme on “Multidisciplinary Approaches to Research” organized by University School of Law and Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector 16C, Dwarka from 15th July to 31st July, 2017
- Attended the Capacity Development Programme on Advanced Labour & Industrial Laws from December 12th to 18th, 2016 at National Law University, Delhi
- Attended the one week national workshop-cum-faculty development programme from 17th -22nd July, 2017 organised by the Ideal Institute of Managment and Technology & School of Law, Karkardooma affiliated to GGSIP University.
- Attended the one day workshop on Dispelling Rhetoric: Law of Divorce and Gender Equality in Islam held on 29th April, 2017 organised by Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Participated in Professional Development Workshop on “New Ways of Teaching and Research for better delivery of Legal Services” organised by Bar Council of Kerala M.K. Nambyar Academy for Continuing Legal Education, Kochi organised at LLOYD Law College, Greater Noida from 7th- 10th September, 2017
Member of the International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ICADR), New Delhi
Honours and Achievements:
- National Youth Award, Ministry of Youth Affairs, Government of India. 2012-13
- Attained Gold Standard, International Award for Young People, The Duke of Edinburgh Award on 1-11-2011
- Regional Finalist (Punjab), International Climate Champions, 2009 Organised by British Council & TERI.
- Record Holder, Most Human Rights Awareness Programs (India Book of Records)
- Record Holder, Most Books on Law Published in a Year (India Book of Records)
- Record Holder, Most Books on Law Published in a Year Limca Book of Records
- Awarded the Best Law Scholar by Legaldesire at Ansal University
- Felicitated by the Hon’ble Chief Justice of India on 26th Nov, 2020 for writing books.