Govind Narayan Sinha
Industry Fellow equivalent Professor
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
- B.Sc. (Chemistry, Zoology, Botany), St. Andrews College, University of Gorakhpur, UP (1975).
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), University of Gorakhpur, UP (1977).
- Availed Junior Research Fellowship (Organic Chemistry) Granted by CSIR (1977-1979) at Chemistry Department Gorakhpur University.
- Availed Senior Research Fellowship (Organic Chemistry) Granted by UGC (1981-84) at Chemistry Department, BHU
- LL. B, HNB Garhwal University, Uttarakhand (1994-1997).
- LL.M (by research) University of Birmingham, United Kingdom (2001-2003)
Area of Specialization
Indian and International Environmental Policy & Law, Comparative Environmental Law, Land Laws including provisions for tribal areas, Administrative Law., Law of Torts, Legal & Constitutional History
- Joined Indian Forest Service (IFS) in 1983 Batch (AGMUT Cadre)
- Served under Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Government of NCT of Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Administration and Government of India.
- Also served at Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy as Associate Professor on deputation from 1993-97.
- Retired as Principal Chief Conservator of Forest (PCCF), Government of Arunachal Pradesh in 2017 (equivalent to special secretary to Govt. of India).
- After retirement in 2017 served as Advisor to Government of Arunachal Pradesh and held position of Nodal Officer, SDG and XV Finance Commission.
- Joined as Professor, School of Law, UPES on 7 January 2019.
Research & Publications:-
- “Bridging Juristic Gaps in Development of Rights Based Approach Towards Animals” published at the Indian Journal of Law and Legal Research, Volume III Issue II, ISSN: 2582-8878
- “Regulation and Control of Biopiracy to Protect Traditional Knowledge as IPR” published at “PEN ACCLAIMS” bearing e-ISSN 2581-5504 in Volume 17/November/2021.
- “Some reflections on research methodologies in Public Policy and Law” published at IJLRA ISBN:978-81-948082-7-5
- “Electronic Waste Management: National and International Perspectives” published at INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INTEGRATED STUDIES AND RESEARCH [eISSN 2582-743X], Volume 1, Issue 4, Pages 212 - 220.
- “Land Reforms Regulation to Unlock Potential of Land Resources for Development in Аrunаchаl Prаdesh” published at INDIAN JOURNAL OF LAW AND JUSTICE, Vol. 12 No. 2 September 2021 ISSN: 0976-3570, Pages 15-32
- “Revisiting Imperatives of Changing Laws on Marital Rape in India to Incorporate Changing Social Norms and Judicial Pronouncements from Other Jurisdictions” by Dr. Anju Pandey and G.N. Sinha in Nyayshastram's Book titled "The contemporary dimensions of Criminal Justice system in India" Bearing ISBN: 9798414012603.
- Other publications can be seen at- https://ugfhhhjkjkoll.academia.edu/GNSinha
- Sinha, G.N. (2008) India and International Energy Law in Patel, Bimal M (ed) India and International Energy Law, Vol.2, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, The Netherlands (http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=10&mcid=10&pid=28405)
- Publications: Papers & Book Chapters –
- Social Planning for India: An approach Paper Page 163-170 "Planet Protection" Mittal Publications, New Delhi, 1997.
- Amended Draft Forest Bill 1995 by voluntary organizations - A Forester's comments. National Workshop on new Draft Forest Act at Dehra Dun, 14-15 February, 1997.
- Comparison between Government & NGOs Draft Forest Bills - An Appraisal Page xxvii - xxxiii in Indian Forest Act, 1927 by Natraj Publishers, Dehra Dun, 1997.
- Judicial Intervention to conserve Bio-diversity, Page xxxiv - xi - Indian Forest Act 1927, Natraj Publishers, Dehra Dun, 1997-98
- Sinha, G.N. (2012) ‘Decentralized forest governance and green federalism’, paper presented in the workshop on Greening the Indian Federal System in TERI on July 6.
- Sinha, G.N., Srivastava, Nidhi and Chandra, Subhash (2014) Evolution of Legal Framework for Multiple-Values Sustainable Management of Forests in India in Bhojvaid, P.P. and Khandekar, Neena (2014) Sustainable Forest Management for Multiple Values-A Paradigm Shift, Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, PP. 307-330. This can be found on http://www.academia.edu/9104187/Evolution_of_Legal_Framework_for_Multiple-Values_Sustainable_Management_of_Forests_in_India
- Kundra, Ashish, Sinha, G.N., Beda, Joram (2017). Changing Dynamics of Socio Economic Planning in the State of Arunachal Pradesh, Conclave on Dream Change Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. This can be found on https://www.academia.edu/36018348/Changing_dynamics_of_Socio_Economic_Planning_in_the_State_of_Arunachal_Pradesh
- Sinha, G.N. (2017). Primer on Regulation on Land in Arunachal Pradesh and Need for Reforms, Conclave on Dream Change Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. This can be found on https://www.academia.edu/36018322/Primer_on_Regulations_on_Land_in_Arunachal_Pradesh_and_Need_for_Reforms
- Sinha, G.N. and Srivastava, Nidhi (2018). An Enquiry into the Jurisprudential Basis of Early Indian Forest Law and its Relevance in Modern Times (under Peer Review)
- Attended Forestry Conferences in France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherland.
- Attended Tourism Conferences in Amsterdam, Rome, Venice, London, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Nepal.
- Attended Conference on Public Policy in the University of Syracuse, USA.
- Arunachal Pradesh: Environmental Planning and Sustainable Development – Opportunities and Challenges (Edited by R.C. Sundriyal, Trilochan Singh, G.N. Sinha) published by Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, Dehra Dun, August, 2002. (This is the only book of its kind on planning and development in the context of Arunachal Pradesh).
- Sinha G.N. (2010) Strengthening Indian Environmental Laws-New Lessons and Approaches, published by Mahendra Singh Bishen Pal Singh, Dehradun. This book has been listed as a reference book on environmental governance by IUCN in 2010. Information about this book can be found in Google search engine.
- Sinha, G.N. (2014) (ed.) An Introduction to the Delhi Ridge, Department of Forests and Wildlife, Government of NCT of Delhi, Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, Dehradun, available online at https://www.academia.edu/7367070/An_Introduction_to_the_Delhi_Ridge
- Sinha, G.N. (Ed.) (2015). Manual of Management of Captive Elephants in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Department of Environment and Forests, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair.
- Sinha, G.N. (2017). Prosecution of Forest Offenders in Arunachal Pradesh, Department of Environment and Forests, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
- Academy of Forest and Environmental Science, Dehradun
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
- Leaders of Learning | HarvardX
- Private Equity & Venture Capital | Universita’ Bocconi
- Contract Law: From Trust to Promise to Contract | HarvardX
Game Theory | Sanford Online
- Successful Negotiations: Essential Strategies & Skills | University of Michigan
- Introduction to Philosophy | The University of Edinburg
- Finance for Non-finance Executives | IIT Delhi
- Verified Instructor | Wharton Interactive
- Lecture notes on Forest Law for IFS probationers.
- Training and Education of IFS probationers.
- Reading materials for senior IFS officers on Policy & Legal issues in Forestry – 2 Nos.
- Service Laws, Forest Accounts etc.
- Forest and Forestry in Arunachal Pradesh, 2008.
- State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan, (abridged and updated), 2008.
- Many bulletins on forestry research, NTFP during 2007 and 2008.
- Arunachal Pradesh State Action Plan on Climate Change, 2011.
- Memorandum of the Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh for Fifteenth Finance Commission in April 2018 (Member of Drafting Committee).