Dr Jyoti Upadhyay
- PhD (2019) Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumaun University, Nainital
- M.Pharm (2008) Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun
- B.Pharm (2006) SGRRITS, HNBGU, Dehradun
Area of Specialization:
- Clinical Research (Pharmacy Practice)
- Key Research Area: Pharmacovigilance, Maternal and Child Health, Pharmacology
Honours and Achievements:
- Awarded Academic Excellence Award 2022.
- Awarded Best Researcher Award Year 2021
- GATE’ O6 Qualified with 92% all India rank 1136.
- I Rank Holder in M. Pharm (Clinical Pharmacy) from Uttarakhand Technical University in 2008.
- The area of research work includes Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacology and Toxicology focuses on drug trials, drug interactions, preclinical studies, toxicity studies
- Jyoti Upadhyay, Mohd Nazam Ansari, Abdul Samad, Ashutosh Sayana. Dysregulation of multiple signalling pathways: A possible cause of cerebral palsy. March 2022 Experimental Biology and Medicine 247(9):153537022210810 Impact Factor: 3.66
- Gaurav Upadhyay, Nidhi Tiwari, Harikesh Maurya, Jyoti Upadhyay, Rohit Joshi & Mohd Nazam Ansari. In vivo wound-healing and antioxidant activity of aqueous extract of Roylea Elegans leaves against physically induced burn model in Wistar albino rats. 3 Biotech. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205- 021-02993-4 Impact Factor: 3.203
- Sandip K Nandi, Deepanmol Singh, Jyoti Upadhyay, Nayan Dhiman, Sanjeev Kumar Mittal and Neeraj Mahindroo. Identification of tear-based protein and non-protein biomarkers: Its application in diagnosis of human diseases using biosensors. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2021.10.198 Impact Factor: 6.953
- Jyoti Upadhyay, Jeevan Patra, Nidhi Tiwari, Nilima S. Fulmare, Mohd Nazam Ansari. Dysregulation of Multiple Signaling Neurodevelopmental Pathways during Embryogenesis: A Possible Cause of Autism Spectrum Disorder. SCI, April 2021. Cells MDPI DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/cells10040958 Impact Factor: 6.6
- Nidhi Tiwari, Jyoti Upadhyay, Mohd Nazam Ansari*, Syed Shadab Raza, Wasim Ahmad, Mohammad Azam Ansari. Experimental Rodent Models of Vascular Dementia: A Systematic Review. January 2021. Bentham Science, CNS Neurological Disorders and Drug Targets. Jan 2021 SCIDOI: https://doi.org/10.2174/1871527319666210108123438. Impact Factor:4.388
- Nidhi Tiwari, Jyoti Upadhyay, Mohd Nazam Ansari, Rohit Joshi. Novel β-Coronavirus (SARS-CoV- 2): Current and Future Aspects of Pharmacological Treatments. August 2020. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal 28(10). (2020) 1243–1252. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsps.2020.08.015 (Impact factor: 2.879)
- Jyoti Upadhyay, Nidhi Tiwari, Mohd Nazam Ansari. Cerebral Palsy: Etiology, Pathophysiology and Therapeutic Interventions. 13, July 2020. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology
;00:1–11.https://doi.org/10.1111/1440-1681.13379. (Impact factor: 2.456)
- Jyoti Upadhyay, Nidhi Tiwari, Mohd Nazam Ansari. Role of inflammatory markers in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients: A review. July 2020. Experimental Biology and Medicine 245(15):153537022093947, DOI: 10.1177/1535370220939477. (Impact factor: 3.139).
- Rana M, Upadhyay J*, Rana A, Durgapal S, Jantwal A, 2016. A Systematic Review on Etiology, Epidemiology, and Treatment of Cerebral Palsy. International Journal of Nutrition, Pharmacology and Neurological Diseases Vol 7 (4): 76-83.
- Upadhyay J, Joshi R, Singh B et al., 2017. Application of Bioinformatics in Understanding of Plant Stress Tolerance. Plant Bioinformatics. 347-374.
- Upadhyay J, Rana A, Upadhyay G. 2016. A Prospective Study on Prevalence of Epilepsy Disorders And Drug Utilization Pattern. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. Vol. 10 (3): 1-4.
- Upadhyay J and Joshi Y, 2011. Observation of drug utilization pattern and prevalence of diseases In Elderly patients through home medication review. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. Vol. 4 (1): 143-145.
- Shabir H Wani, Prateek Tripathi, Abbu Zaid, Ghana Shyama Challa, Anuj Kumar, Vinay Kumar, Jyoti Upadhyay, Rohit Joshi, Manoj Bhatt 2018. Transcriptional regulation of osmotic stress tolerance in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Plant Molecular Biology 97(6):469-487.
- Jyoti Upadhyay*, Mahendra Rana, Amita Rana, Sumit Durgapal and Satpal Singh Bisht 2018. Congenital anomalies prevalence in Kumaun Region of Uttarakhand, India. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. Vol 9(10): 94-100.
- Upadhyay J, Upadhyay G, Joshi R, Juyal V. 2014. Effect of rhododendron flower juice on the bioavailability of Amlodipine in rats. International Journal of Bioassays. Vol 3 (2): 1734-1737.
- Rana M, Rana A, Bisht SS and Upadhyay J*, 2017. Neural Tube Defects, Its Etiology: Environmental Exposures and Genes, Possible Risk Factors. Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. Vol 9 (2): 131-138.
- Upadhyay J, Rana M, Juyal V, Rana A, Bisht SS. 2017. Effect of pesticide exposure on the Female Rats and their pups throughout their Gestation Period. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. Vol 10 (8):2535-2537.
- Jyoti Upadhyay*, Mahendra Rana, Amita Rana and Satpal Singh Bisht. 2018. Birth disorder prevalence in the hilly region of Uttarakhand. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. Vol 7(5): 665-661.
- International Conference on Viruses and RNAi, October 04-06, 2018 held at International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi, India.
- International Conference on Global Initiative of Academic Networks, held on 2-7 April 2018, Food for a Healthy Planet at School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Attended International Conference on Potential Impact of Pesticides on Environment and Human Health (ICPIPEHH-2017) 2nd –4th November 2017 held at Dayananda Sagar University, Bangalore and Presented oral presentation on the topic Effect of glyphosate-based herbicide in female Wistar rats and their pups throughout their gestation period.
- Worked on the Project “Pharmacognostic, Phytochemical and Ethnopharmacological Investigations of Marchantia Species growing in Kumaun Himalaya” UGC approved Project from August 2018 to March 2019.
- Status of the Health and Pharmaceutical Care in the Hills of Uttarakhand, Centre for Excellence in Medicinal Plants and Nanotechnology, Kumaun University, Approved by Department of Economics and Statistics, Dehradun from August 2014 to April 2015. A stratified random sampling approach was used in this survey and identifies the health status of the population of the Nainital district. School visits, hospital visits (including Community Health Centres, Primary Health Centres, State Allopathic dispensaries and Pharmacies) and community-based surveys were performed.
- Working as Co-PI on the project “Establishment of Community Covid Resilience Resource Centre (CCRRC) in Doiwala Block, Vikasnagar Block and Sahaspur Block, Dehradun District of Uttarakhand State” sponsored by the Government of India Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology Science for Equity Empowerment and Development (SEED) Division
- Life member of Society of Biological Chemists, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Third Prize winner in scientific writing of Cosmic Biotech.