- Ph.D. – Pharmaceutical Chemistry - University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Doctoral thesis research on “Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of Lantadene Derivatives as Potential Anticancer Agents” - 2022
- M.Pharm. - Medicinal Chemistry - Jay Pee University of Information Technology, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India. - 2014
- B.Pharm. - L.R. Institute of Pharmacy, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India - 2012
- The area of my research work includes isolation of secondary metabolites from the plants; Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship (QSAR) inspired designing & synthesis of novel medicinal compounds; molecular docking; absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, and toxicity (ADMET) predictions, Structure Activity Relationship (SAR) development, hit identification and biological evaluation against skin cancer
- Assistant Professor
Feb 2022 – continued
School of Health Sciences and Technology, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Papers published in journals: 22
Papers presented in conferences: 10
- Lantadene ethers of formula (i), process for their preparation and a pharmaceutical composition thereof. Indian Patent Application No.: 202111005035, Filed on: 05/02/2021
- Monika, Ankesh Sharma, Vaibhav Aggarwal, Manu Sharma and Neelima Dhingra. Lantadenes Targeting NF-κB in Cancer: Molecular Docking and ADMET Predictions. International Journal of Life science and Pharma Research. 2021, 11(2), 114-122.
- Neha Sylvia Walter, Varun Gorki, Monika, Neelima Dhingra, and Sukhbir Kaur. Sinigrinin combination with artesunate provides protection against lethal murine malaria via falcipain-3 inhibition and immune modulation. International Immunopharmacology. 2021, 101(1), 108320-108335.
- Ripandeep Kaur, Varun Gorki, O. P. Katare, Neelima Dhingra, Monika, Ranjot Kaur, Niroshini Nirmalan, and Bhupinder Singh. Improved biopharmaceutical attributes of lumefantrine using choline mimicking drug delivery system: Preclinical investigation on NK-65 P. berghei murine model. Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery. 2021, 18(10), 1533-1552.
- Gorki, Varun, Neha Sylvia Walter, Monika, Manninder Kaur, Neelima Dhingra, Upma Bagai, and Sukhbir Kaur. Ethanol extract of Bergenia ciliate (Haw.) Sternb.(rhizome) impedes the propagation of the malaria parasite. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2021, 280(2), 114417-114435.
- Suthar, Sharad Kumar, Ajay Hooda, Ankesh Sharma, Sumit Bansal, Jitender Monga, Monika and Manu Sharma. Isolation optimisation, synthesis,
molecular docking and in silico ADMET studies of lantadene A and its derivatives. Natural product research. 2020, 35(21), 1-6.
- Varun Gorki, Neha Sylvia Walter, Rahul Singh, Monika, Neelima Dhingra, Deepak B. Salunke, and Sukhbir Kaur. β-Carboline Derivatives Tackling Malaria: Biological Evaluation and Docking Analysis. ACS omega. 2020, 5(29), 17993-18006.
- Neerja Saini, Ansab Akhtar, Monika, Neelima Dhingra, and Sangeeta Pilkhwal Sah. Protective effect of indole-3-carbinol, an NF-κB inhibitor in experimental paradigm of Parkinson’s disease: In silico and in vivo studies. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 2020, 90(1), 108-137.
- Ravi Ranjan Kumar, Monika, D K Dhawan, Neelima Dhingra Passi, Vijayta D chadha. 99mTc labeled N-Acetyl Neuraminic Acid a New radio complex for cancer: In silico and in-vivo studies. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Research Sciences. 2020, 11(3), 1224-1231.
- Sunil Kumar Bose, Monika, Neelima Dhingra, Sanjay Chhibber, and Kusum Harjai. Terpinen-4-ol attenuates quorum sensing regulated virulence factors and biofilm formation in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Future Microbiology. 2020, 15(2), 127-142.
- Book chapter: Monika, Neelima Dhingra. A perspective on therapeutic potential of an invasive weed: Lantana camara; Phytochemical Genomics. Springer
- Himachal Pradesh State Pharmacy Council- Registered Pharmacist (31406)
Honours and Achievements:
- University gold medal for standing First position in M. Pharmacy (Medicinal Chemistry), at Jay Pee University of Information Technology, Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- DST-Inspire Fellowship (IF-150722) 2014, DST-Inspire Program, Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, India
Awards for Presentation
- 2nd best poster presentation award at the ICONICA-2020, held at Panjab University –Chandigarh
- 2nd best oral presentation award at the CHASCON-2019, held at Panjab University Chandigarh
- 4th best poster presentation award at the IBRO APRC-2017, held at Panjab University-Chandigarh
Hiking & Cooking