Dr Raj Kumar Tiwari
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
B. Pharm, RGUHS University, Bangalore, 2004
M. Pharm, RGUHS University, Bangalore, 2007
Ph.D. Jaypee University of Information Technology, Wakhnaghat, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, 2018
Area of Specialisation:
- The area of my research work includes natural product chemistry, focuses on standardization and validation of plant metabolites (Primary and secondary) for establishing markers. Moreover, I am also involved in the area of biological activity of herbal drugs through traditional claim, with emphasis on globalization of traditional medicines
Papers published in journals: 14
Papers presented in conferences: (International conferences)
- Participated and presented papers on “Formulation and Evaluation of Gastro-Retentive Tinidazole Loaded Floating Microsphere for Sustained Release” Materials Today: Proceedings, IEEE International Conference on Nanoelectronics, Nanophotonics, Nanomaterials, Nanobioscience & Nanotechnology (5NANO 2021)29th, 30th April, 2021
- Participated and presented papers on “HPLC method validation of Clerodendrum Serratum (L.) for Ursolic acid, 7th International congress of the society for Ethnopharmacology, India, Jamia Hamdard,16th -18th Feb, 2020, New Delhi, India.
- Participated and presented papers on “Quantification of Ursolic Acid in Bharangi by Using Analytical Tool” at International conference on “Globalization of traditional medicines” on December 6-7, 2018 at Mae Fah Luang University, Chiang Rai, Thailand.
- Manisha Singh, Shriya Agarwal , Raj Kumar Tiwari, Silpi Chanda, Kuldeep Singh , Prakhar Agarwal, Aishwarya Kashyap, Pranav Pancham, Shweta Mall, Rachana R. and Shalini Sharma Neuroprotective Ability of Apocynin Loaded Nanoparticles (APO-NPs) as NADPH Oxidase (NOX)-Mediated ROS Modulator for Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Oxidative Neuronal Injuries Molecules 2021, 26, 5011.
- Kumar A, Chanda S, Agarwal S, Singh M, Sharma S, Bonde GV, Tiwari RK. Formulation and evaluation of tinidazole loaded floating microspheres, Materials Today: Proceedings, (2021), 46(17)
- Raj Kumar Tiwari, Silpi Chanda, Udayabanu M, Manisha Singh, Shriya Agarwal Anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic potential of standardized extract of Clerodendrum serratum L. Frontiers in Pharmacology
- Silpi Chanda , Raj Kumar Tiwari, Arun Kumar , and Kuldeep Singh Nutraceuticals: A Better Solution to Current Health Issues, Advances in Pharmacological Sciences, 2019, Article ID 6908716, 5 pages
- Silpi Chanda, Lokesh Deb, Raj Kumar Tiwari, Kuldeep Singh and Sayeed Ahmad “Targeted Metabolite Analysis of Iridoids of Paederia foetida: A Popular Tribal Edible Plant of Northeast, India”, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2017, 29(8), pp 1713-1717.
- Nanoemulsion of synthetic coumarin derivatives and its therapeutic efficacy, Australian patent no. 2021105591, 11/3/2021
Projects or Ph.D.s guided Undergoing 1
- Tiwari R.K., (2010) Traditional and ethnobotanical investigation of some edible plants among the tribes of Tripura, India, In Choudhury M.D., Choudhury S., Sharma G. D. Sharma Status and conservation of biodiversity in North East India. (ISBN 978-93-81084-10-6).
- Tiwari R.K., (2010) Ethnobotanical plants used by the peoples of Kadipur Dist. Faizabad, UP India, In Choudhury M.D., Choudhury S., Sharma G. D. Sharma Status and conservation of biodiversity in North East India. (ISBN 978-93-81084-10-6).
- Pharmacognosy for D.Pharm by Prof. (Dr.) S.K Panda, Mr Raj kumar Tiwari, Thakur publication, Lucknow, ISBN No.- 978-93-88280-10-5
- Collaborative research projects between Oil India Limited on the Exploration of Himalayan hot-springs for microbes with biohydrogen production capabilities in the area of Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun cities. (Ongoing)
- Life member of the Indian Society of Pharmacognosy
- Registered Pharmacist – Uttar Pradesh State Pharmacy Council
- Member Society of Ethnopharmacology
Travelling, Playing cricket and volleyball