Dr Manish Gupta
B. Pharmacy (2003), Rajiv Gandhi Proud yogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal, India
M. Pharmacy (2006), Dr Harisingh Gour University, Sagar, India
Ph.D.(2010), The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Post-doc (2013) on European Union funded 'Bio design Project' at The University of Nottingham, Malaysia
Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (GCHE) (2018), Monash University
Adjunct Appointment: Monash University, Malaysia
Area of Specialisation:
1. Nano/Microparticle for Drug delivery and tissue regeneration applications
2. Nanoparticles for biological problems
Research & Publications:
1. Rehan, F.; Ahemad, N.; Islam, R.A.; Gupta, M.; Gan, S.H.; Chowdhury, E.H. Optimization and Formulation of Nanostructured and Self-Assembled Caseinate Micelles for Enhanced Cytotoxic Effects of Paclitaxel on Breast Cancer Cells. Pharmaceutics 2020, 12, 984. (Impact Factor: 4.421).
2. Li Ching Ng and Manish Gupta. Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems in Diabetes Management. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2020:15, 13-25 (Impact Factor: 3.968).
3. Rehan F, Ahemad N, Gupta M. Casein nanomicelle as an emerging biomaterial— A comprehensive review. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 2019;179:280-92. (Impact Factor= 4.389)
4. Neo M S.; Gupta M S.; Khan T M.; Gupta M. Quantification of Ethanol Content in Traditional Herbal Cough Syrups Pharmacognosy Journal 2017,9,6,821-827.
5. Gupta, M .; Aina, A.; Boukari, Y.; Doughty, S.; Morris, A.; Billa, N.; Effect of various porogens on porosity of PLGA microparticles in pH controlled environment. Pharm Dev Technol. 2017 Mar 24:1-4 (Impact factor=1.86)
6. Ibrahim S, Yee JC, Gupta M, Murugiah MK, Ming LC. Safety and efficacy of health supplement for weight loss. Arch Pharma Pract 2016;7:S11-5.
7. Nuri TH, Yee JC, Gupta M, Khan MA, Ming LC.A review of Panax ginseng as an herbal medicine. Arch Pharma Pract 2016;7:S61-5.
8. Ab Rahman WA, Lee KS, Yee JC, Gupta M, Ming LC. Evidence of Garcinia cambogia as a fat burning and appetite suppressing agents. Arch Pharma Pract 2016;7:S22- 8.
9. Soni, M; Gupta M,: Namdeo K,P; Chemical Paper, 2016 ,70,1556-1567 (Impact factor=1.46)
10. Ngan Y.H; Gupta M; Arch Pharma Pract, 2016, 1, 1-13.
11. Aina, A.; Gupta, M .; Boukari, Y.; Morris, A.; Billa N.; Doughty, S.; Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2016, 24, 227-231 (Impact factor =3.110)
12. Aina, A.; Morris, A.; Gupta M.; Billa N.; Sharma R.; Shah V.; Madhvani N.; Doughty S.; Boukari Y.; UK Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biosciences Vol. 2 (1),2014, 1 -6.
13. Pingale, P.; Apte, K.G.; Gupta, M.; Chakraborthy, G.S.; Pharmacologyonline 2011, 2, 279-286 (Impact factor = 0.6).
14. Soni, M L.; Namdeo K.P.; Jain, S.K.; Gupta. M.; Dangi, J.S.; Kumar, M.; Dangi,.Y.S.; Chem. Pharm. Bull. 2011, 59, 191—195 (Impact factor = 1.507).
15. Barr, T.A.; Krembuszewski, M.; Gupta, M.; Gray, D.; Mareque-Rivas, J. C. Mol.BioSyst., 2010, 6, 1572 - 1575 (Impact factor = 3.859).
16. Gupta, M.; Caniard, A.; Touceda-Varela, A.; Campopiano, D. J.; Mareque-Rivas, J. C. Bioconjugate Chemistry 2008, 19, 1964-1967 (Impact factor = 5.002).
1. Rehan F, Ahemad N, Gupta M. Chapter 17 - Other Polymer Nanoparticles as Promising Tools for Anticancer Therapeutics. In: Kesharwani P, Paknikar KM, Gajbhiye V, editors. Polymeric Nanoparticles as a Promising Tool for Anti-cancer Therapeutics: Academic Press; 2019. p. 373-88.
2. Faiz Ahmed Shaikh, K.C. Bhuvan, Thet Thet Htar, Manish Gupta and Yatinesh Kumari (October 24th 2019). Cognitive Dysfunction in Diabetes Mellitus [Online First], IntechOpen, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.85940. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/online-first/cognitive-dysfunction-in-diabetes-mellitus
1. Received research competitive grant from AEP, Monash University Malaysia in April 2015 (MYR 10,000).
2. Received research competitive grant from Halal Ecosystem, Monash University Malaysia in August 2015 (MYR 10,000).
3. Received research competitive grant from GA 21 on formulation of halal medicine, Monash University Malaysia in June 2017 (MYR 20000).
4. Received research competitive grant from GA 21 on Health and Well-being Monash University Malaysia in June 2017 (RM 10000).
Ph.D.- 1 awarded, Guiding one student
Post Graduate: 9 Students
Professional affiliations in Journals
1. Working as Associate Editor of Archives of Pharmacy Practice (From 4th Feb 2015 to present). Link: http://www.archivepp.com/editorialboard.asp
2. Editorial Board Member in Pharmacognosy magazine (https://www.phcog.com/editorialboard.asp)
Honors and Achievements:
1. Awarded by DIT University, Dehradun, India for excellence in research during academic Year 2018-19.
2. Awarded by Oriental University, Indore, India as an International Education Icon of the year 2018 in recognition of his contribution in the field of scientific research and innovations.
3. Awarded Post-doctoral fellowship from European Commission (EU FP7) on Bio design project at Nottingham University, Malaysia.
4. Awarded PhD fellowship by The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
5. Received All India Council of Technical Education Junior Research Fellowship during M. Pharmacy.
6. Qualified GATE-2003 in pharmacy discipline conducted by IIT Bombay for M. Pharm. Admission.