The Famous Indian Sports Stars: Singh Sisters
The Singhs Sisters -- Priyanka, Divya, Prashanti (Padmashri Awardee and Arjuna Awardee), Akanksha and Pratima -- are a force to reckon with in the field of basketball. Hailing from Varanasi, four of the five sisters have played for the Indian National Team, and two of them have even been national captains. Priyanka has played for the UP State team and Divya, now, is blossoming into one of India’s finest young basketball coaches.
The accomplishments of the Singh sisters are many, to list just a few:
• Prashanti Singh, is a Padmshri and Arjuna awardee
• Divya Singh, is a former captain of the Indian National Women's Basketball Team and is presently working as coach with the Sports authority of India
• Akansha Singh, runs her own Basketball Academy in Bengaluru
• Pratima Singh, was a National Institute of Sports Gold Medallist and is pursuing her PhD in Sports.
• Priyanka Singh, is currently working in South Korea as MYP PHE teacher and a varsity basketball coach at an prestigious International school ( Chadwick International school)