Dr. Sravendra Rana
Associate Professor (DOJ - 15.06.2016, Regular)
B.Sc. (Ch. Charan Singh University), Meerut
M.Sc. (Ch. Charan Singh University), Meerut
Ph.D. (Konkuk University Seoul), South Korea
Area of Specialization:
Self-healing composites/coatings, functionalization of carbon nanomaterials (CNT/graphene/C) and their polymer composites, heterogeneous catalysis, electrospinning.
Research & Publications:
Research Projects :
Development of self-healing polymer nanocomposites based on functionalized nanofillers, Funding Agency: SERB-DST- India; Budget: 54.89 Lakhs INR (2017-2020)
Self-healing graphene/polymer nanocomposites for structural applications,Funding Agency: Swiss National Foundation (SNF); Budget: 12,000 US$ (2018-2019)
- L. Guadagno, L. Vertuccio, C. Naddeo, G. Barra, A. Sorrentino, W. H. Binder, P. Michael, S. Rana, Self-healing epoxy nanocomposites via reversible hydrogen bonding, Composites Part B, Vol. 157, 1-13 (2019) (IF: 4.92)
- Sandeep, S. R. V. Prasanna, M. Karakoti, C. Tewari, B. S. Bhushan, A. Srivastava, N. G. Sahoo, S. Rana* (Corres. author), Dispersion and stability study of carbon nanotubes in pH and temperature responsive polymeric matrix: Experiment and dispersion-corrected DFT study, Materials Today Communications, Vol. 17, 187-193 (2018) (IF: 1.86)
- M.S. Goyat, S. Rana, S. Halder, P.K. Ghosh, Facile fabrication of epoxy-TiO2 nanocomposites: A critical analysis of TiO2 impact on mechanical properties and toughening mechanisms, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, Vol 40, 861-873 (2018) (IF: 6.0)
- V. D. Punetha, S. Rana, H. J. Yoo, A. Chaurasia, N. G. Sahoo and J. W. Cho, Functionalization of carbon nanomaterials for advanced polymer nanocomposites: A comparison study between CNT and graphene, Progress in Polymer Science, Vol. 67, pp. 1-47 (2017) (IF: 26.3)
- S. Rana, D. D?hler, A. S. Nia, M. Nasir, M. Beiner and W. H. Binder, “Click” Triggered Self-healing Graphene Nanocomposites, Macromolecular Rapid Communications, Vol. 37, pp. 1715-1722 (2016) (IF: 4.6) (Cover Picture).
- D. D?hler, S. Rana, H. Rupp, H. Bergmann, S. Behzadi, D. Crespy and W. H. Binder, Qualitative sensing of mechanical damage by a fluorogenic “click” reaction, Chemical Communications Vol. 52, pp. 11076-11079 (2016) (IF: 6.6)
- S. Rana‡, A. S. Nia‡, D. D?hler, F. Jirsa, L. Guadagno, E. Koslowski, M. Bron and W. H. Binder, Carbon supported copper nanomaterials: Recyclable catalysts for Huisgen [3+2] cycloaddition reaction, Chemistry A European Journal Vol. 21, pp. 10763-10770 (2015) (IF: 5.7)
- A. S. Nia, S. Rana, D. D?hler, O. Wilton and W. H. Binder, Nanocomposites via a direct grapheme promoted click reaction, Polymer Vol. 79, pp. 21-28 (2015) (IF: 3.5)
- A. S. Nia, S. Rana, D. D?hler, X. Noirfalise, A. Belfiore and W. H. Binder, Click chemistry prompted by graphene supported copper nanomaterials, Chemical Communications Vol. 50, pp. 15374-15377 (2014) (IF: 6.6)
- S. Rana, J. W. Cho and L. P. Tan, Graphene-crosslinked polyurethane block copolymer nanocomposites with enhanced mechanical, electrical, and shape memory properties, RSC Advances Vol. 3, pp. 13796-13803 (2013) (IF: 3.5).
- S. Rana, S. D. Kim and J. W. Cho, Conducting core-sheath nanofibers for electroactive shape memory applications, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, Vol. 24, 609-614 (2013) (IF: 1.75).
- H. Yu, Y. S. Lui, F. Wen, S. Xiong, H. Nurkahfianto, S. Rana, D. T. Leong, K. W. Nie and L. P. Tan, Insights into the role of focal adhesion modulation induced cardiac myogenic differentiation of hMSCs, Stem Cells and Development Vol. 22, pp. 136-147(2013) (IF: 4.67).
- S. Rana and J. W. Cho, Core-shell morphology and characterization of carbon nanotube nanowires click coupled with polypyrrole, Nanotechnology Vol. 22, pp. 275609/1-7 (2011) (IF: 3.8).
- I. Kumar, S. Rana and J. W. Cho, Cycloaddition reactions: a controlled approach for carbon nanotube functionalization, Chemistry A European Journal Vol. 17, pp. 11092-11101 (2011) (IF: 5.7).
- S. Rana, H. J. Yoo, J. W. Cho, B. C. Chun and J. S. Park, Functionalization of multi-walled carbon nanotubes with poly(ε-caprolactone) using click chemistry, Journal of Applied Polymer Science Vol. 119, pp. 31-37 (2011) (IF: 1.64).
- S. S. Mahapatra, S. Rana, and J. W. Cho, Synthesis of s-triazine-based hyperbranched polyurethane for novel carbon-nanotube-dispersed nanocomposites, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol 120, 474- 483 (2011) (IF: 1.64).
- S. Rana and J. W. Cho, Functionalization of carbon nanotubes via cu(I)-catalyzed Huisgen [3+2] cycloaddition click chemistry, Nanoscale Vol. 2, pp. 2550-2556 (2010) (IF: 7.39).
- S. Rana, J. W. Cho and I. Kumar, Synthesis and characterization of polyurethane-grafted single-walled carbon nanotubes via click chemistry, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Vol. 10, pp. 5700-5707 (2010) (IF: 1.34).
- N. G. Sahoo, S. Rana, J. W. Cho, L. Li and S. H. Chan, Polymer nanocomposites based on functionalized carbon nanotubes, Progress in Polymer Science Vol. 35, pp. 837-867 (2010) (IF: 26.3) (one of the top ten most highlighted review articles 2010-2014).
- I. Kumar, S. Rana, J. W. Cho and C. V. Rode, Synthesis of hybrid 1,2,3-triazolo-δ- lactams/lactones using Huisgen [3+2] cycloaddition click-chemistry in water, Tetrahedron Asymmetry Vol. 21, pp. 352-355 (2010) (IF: 2.15).
- S. Rana, S. Y. Lee and J. W. Cho, Synthesis and characterization of biocompatible poly(ethylene glycol)-functionalized polyurethane using click chemistry, Polymer Bulletin Vol. 64, pp. 401-411 (2010) (IF: 1.43).
- S. Rana, I. Kumar, H. J. Yoo and J. W. Cho, Assembly of gold nanoparticles on single walled carbon nanotubes by using click chemistry, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 9, pp. 3261-3263 (2009) (IF: 1.34).
- N. Karak, S. Rana and J. W. Cho, Synthesis and characterization of castor-oil modified hyperbranched polyurethanes, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 112, pp. 736-743 (2009) (IF: 1.64).
- S. Rana, N. Karak, J. W. Cho and Y. H. Kim, Enhanced dispersion of carbon nanotubes in hyperbranched polyurethane and properties of nanocomposites, Nanotechnology, Vol. 19, pp. 495707/1-7 (2008) (IF: 3.8).
- I. Kumar, S. Rana, C. V. Rode and J. W. Cho, Functionalization of single-walled carbon nanotubes with azides derived from amino acids using click chemistry, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 8, pp. 3351-3356 (2008) (IF: 1.34).
- B. Kumar, S. Rana and R. P. Singh, Photo-oxidation of EPDM/layered double hydroxides composites: Influence of layered hydroxides and stabilizers, eXPRESS Polymer Letters, Vol 1, pp. 748-754 (2007) (IF: 2.76).
- S. Rana, S. R. V. Siva Prasanna, K. Balaji, Click triggered self-healing graphene nanocomposites, International Conference on Nanotechnology: Ideas, Innovation & Initiatives-2017 "ICN:3I-2017", IIT Roorkee, India from December 06-08, 2017.
- D. Dohler, S. Rana, A. S. Nia, W. H. Binder, From carbon-supported copper nanomaterials to self-healing nanocomposites, ICSHM 2017: Sixth International Conference on Self-healing Materials, Friedrichshafen, Germany, June 25-28, 2017.
- S. Rana, J. K. Pandey, Graphene promoted self-healing nanocomposites, 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology-2016 "ICRANN-2016" JNU, India, December 19-20, 2016.
- S. Rana, A. Shaigan Nia, D. Döhler, O. Wilton and W. H. Binder, Synthesis of catalysts immobilized carbon nanomaterials for self-healing polymer composites: ICSHM 2015: Fifth International Conference on Self-healing Materials, Durham, USA, June 22-24, 2015.
- A. Shaigan Nia, S. Rana, D. Döhler, O. Wilton and W. H. Binder, Carbon Supported Copper Nanomaterials for Self-healing Polymer Composites, European Polymer Federation, Dresden, Germany, June 21-26, 2015.
- A. Stojanovic, A. Shaigan, S. Rana and W. H. Binder, Optimizing Cu(I) catalyst onto nanoparticles for enhanced reactivity in self-healing polymers: ICSHM 2013: Fourth International Conference on Self-healing Materials, Ghent, Belgium from June 16-20, 2013.
- J. K. Kwon, S. Rana, H. J. Yoo and J. W. Cho, Conducting composite nanofibers based on carbon nanotubes and conducting polymers: ICCM18: 18th International Conference on Composite Materials, Jeju, South Korea, August 21-26, 2011.
- J. W. Cho and S. Rana, Carbon nanotubes dispersion in stimuli-responsive polymers: PPS-26: 26th Regional Meeting of Polymer Processing Society, Istanbul, Turkey from October 20-23, 2010.
- S. Rana, H. H. Kim, J. W. Cho, Impact of hyperbranched polymer on conductivity and mechanical properties of carbon nanotube-polymer nanocomposites: APME 2009: 8th International Conference on Advanced Polymers via Macromolecular Engineering, Dresden, Germany from October 4-7, 2009.
- S. Rana, S. S. Mahapatra and J. W. Cho, Synthesis of rigid and flexible hyperbranched polyurethanes and their selective interactions with multi-walled carbon nanotubes: APME 2009: 8th International Conference on Advanced Polymers via Macromolecular Engineering, Dresden, Germany from October 4-7, 2009.
- J. W. Cho, S. Rana and S. D. Kim, Synthesis and characterization of biocompatible Poly(ethylene glycol)-functionalized polyurethane using click chemistry: POLYCHAR 17: World Form on Advanced Materials, Rouen, France from April 20-24, 2009.
- S. Rana, J. W. Cho and H. J. Yoo, Dispersion and characteristics of carbon nanotubes in hyperbranched polymer matrix: PPS-24: 24th Regional Meeting of Polymer Processing Society, Salerno, Italy from June 15-19, 2008.
- H. J. Yoo, S. Rana and J. W. Cho, Poly(ε-caprolactone)-functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes using ring opening polymerization and click chemistry: 30 APS: 30th Australasian Polymer Symposium, Melbourne, Australia from 30 November to 4 December, 2008.
- S. Rana and J. W. Cho, Synthesis and characteristics of shape memory polyurethane-carbon nanotube nanostructures using click chemistry: SmartMat08: Smart/Intelligent Materials and Nano Technology, Chiang Mai, Thailand, from April 22-25, 2008.
- “Handbook of polymer nanocomposites. Processing, performance and application, Vol. B: carbon nanotube based polymer composites” Book Editors: K. K. Kar, J. K. Pandey, S. Rana, Springer USA, 2015 (http://www.springer.com/physics/book/978-3-642-45228-4).