Dr. Gagan Anand
Sr. Associate Professor
PhD (Physics) 2012 from JNTUH, Hyderabad. India
Master of Science (Physics) 2000 from Osmania University, Hyderabad. India
B.Sc. (Physics) 1997 from Osmania University, Hyderabad. India
- Sr. Associate Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehardun. India. July 2011- Till Date.
- Assistant Professor, Vignan Institute of Technology and Science, Hyderabad, India. July 2009 - June 2011
- Assistant Professor & Controller of Examinations, St.Martin’s Engineering College, Dhulpally, Hyderabad.India. September 2003 - June 2009
- Assistant Professor & Controller of Examinations, Sreenivas Reddy Institute of Technology, Nizamabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. July 2001 - August 2003
No. Papers published in journals: 27
No. Papers presented in conferences: 15
No. Citations: 117
Honours and Achievements:
- UCOST Young Scientist Award (Team Lead) 2016.
- Interest- Key interest in research and development strategies, consulting to understand business requirements to achieve successful completion in desired outcomes.
Journal Publications (SCOPUS/ SCI Index):
- Gagan Anand (ORCID-0000-0001-7837-0114), Jonathan Yick & Shabab Nahian Kabir (2021).Rheological and Tribological Properties of Jatropha curcas Biolubricants at Various Blend Concentrations (ID: 1833410 DOI:10.1080/17597269.2020.1833410).Journal: Biofuels.
- G Anand, M Putier, AR James, P Sarah (2021). Modeling of dielectric data of mechanically milled strontium calcium bismuth titanate using modified Lorentz equations.Ferroelectrics 570 (1), 94-99
- Harsh Gupta, Santosh Rai, Piyush Kuchhal & Gagan Anand (2020). Characterization and Experimental Investigation of Rheological Behaviour of Oxide Nanolubricants. https://doi.org/10.1080/02726351.2020.1792018.
- Gagan Anand, Morgan Putier & P. Sarah (2020). Modeling of dielectric data of Strontium Calcium Bismuth Titanate using Modified Lorentz equations. https://doi.org/10.1080/10584587.2020.1803679.
- U.Ravikiran, Elizabeth Zachariasa, Gagan Anand, and P.Sarah (2019). Influence of Na, Sm substitution on dielectric properties of SBT ceramics. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.06.172.
- G. Anand and A. Singla and A. Sharma. Ecological synthesis of CuO nanoparticles (2018). Nanotechnology Perceptions. (Scopus Indexed)
- Shilpi Jindal, Ajay Vasishth, Sheela Devi, Gagan Anand (2018).A review of tungsten bronze ferroelectric ceramics as electrically tunable devices. https://doi.org/10.1080/10584587.2017.1369315
- Gagan Anand and Piyush Kuchhal (2016) Experimental and theoretical investigation of viscosity, density and sound velocity of jatropha diesel and pure diesel blends, Biofuels http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17597269.2016.1249736
- S. K. Nippani, Piyush Kuchhal, Gagan Anand, and Vijay Kumar Kambila (2016), Structural, thermal, and conductivity studies of pan-libf4 polymer electrolytes”. Journal of engineering science & technology (JESTEC). volume 11, issue 11 http://jestec.taylors.edu.my/Vol%2011%20issue%2011%20November%202016/11_11_7.pdf
- Gagan Anand, Piyush Kuchhal & P. Sarah (2015) AC and DC Conductivity Studies on Lead-Free Ceramics: Sr1–xCaxBi4Ti4O15(x = 0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8), Particulate Science and Technology: An International Journal, 33:1, 41-46, DOI:10.1080/02726351.2014.933146, 2015. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02726351.2014.933146
- Satya Krishna Nippani, Piyush Kuchhal and Gagan Anand, Pressure-dependent viscosity and free Volume in liquids through melting Temperature approach. International Journal of Advanced Technology in Engineering and Science, Volume No.03, Special Issue No. 02, February 2015 http://ijates.com/images/short_pdf/1421736769_261.pdf
- Piyush Kuchhal, Gagan Anand and Manoj Bansal, Pressure-dependent viscosity, and free volume of activation in hydrocarbons and other liquids. International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.6, No.14, pp 5503-5509, Nov-Dec 2014 http://www.sphinxsai.com/2014/ch_vol6_no14/2/(5503-5509)%20014.pdf
- Gagan Anand, Piyush Kuchhal and P. Sarah, The Structure and Complex Impedance Spectroscopy of Sr1-xCaxBi4Ti4O15 (x=0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8) Ceramics, Materials ScienceVolume 10, 2015, Pages 533–541.
- Sandeep Pal, Akriti Agrawal, S.K. Nippani and Gagan Anand, Synthesis of N-S Doped Graphene for Hydrogen Storage, Materials ScienceVolume 10, 2015, Pages 103–110
- Ajay Vasishth, Piyush Kuchhal, and Gagan Anand, Study of Rheological Properties of Industrial Lubricants, Hindawi Publishing Corporation. Conference Papers in Science Volume 2014, Article ID 324615, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/324615
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James and P. Sarah “Dielectric and Impedance Spectroscopy of Ca substitution in Bi4SrTi4O15 Ceramics” Journal of Integrated Ferroelectrics, 116:137–144, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/10584587.2010.489411
- Gagan Anand, T. Radha Krishna, A.R. James and P. Sarah “Synthesis and Characterization of Strontium Bismuth Titanate ceramics via High – Energy Mechanical milling.” Defence Science Journal, Vol. 57, No. 1, January 2007, pp. 29-34. https://doi.org/10.14429/dsj.57.1725
- Gagan Anand, T. Radha Krishna, A.R. James, and P. Sarah “Ca doping effect in Bi4SrTi4O15 ceramics prepared via high - energy mechanical milling” National Conference on Ferroics NCF-06, Hyderabad. July 2006.
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James and P. Sarah “Properties of Calcium – dopedBi4SrTi4O15 ferroelectric ceramics” National Seminar on 15th Ferroelectrics Dielectrics NSFD-15, Conducted by Thapar University, Patiala. Punjab. November 2008.
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James and P. Sarah “The structure and ferroelectric properties ofBi4Sr1-xCaxTi4O15 ceramics” National Conference on Nanomaterials, Applications and Nanotechnology Developments NAND -2009 September 2009. Conducted by Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad.
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James and P. Sarah “Study and dielectric properties of Bi4SrTi4O15 and Bi4Sr0.9Ca0.1Ti4O15 ceramics” Indian Singapore Joint Physics Symposium ISJPS -10 conducted by Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad. February 2010.
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James, and P. Sarah International Conference on Materials Science and Engineering Applications (ICMSEA 2011) held at Xi'an, China during January 2011.
- Gagan Anand and P. Sarah “Impedance-fatigue associated studies on SrBi4Ti4O15” The International Conference on Advanced Material Research (ICAMR 2011) held on 21-22, January 2011, Chongqing, China.
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James and P. Sarah “The structure and piezoelectric properties of (CaxSr1-x)Bi4Ti4O15 ceramics” 5th International Conference on Electroceramics School of Materials Science and Engineering The University of New South Wales UNSW SYDNEY, NSW 2052 Australia 12th – 16th December 2011.
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James and P. Sarah“The Structure and Electrical Properties of Bi-Layered Piezoelectric Ceramics Sr1-xCaxBi4Ti4O15 [x=0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 & 0.8]” theInternational Conference on Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (ICNANO) held at Delhi University, New Delhifrom December 18th - 21st 2011
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James, and P. Sarah “The Dielectric behavior of Bi-Layered Piezoelectric Ceramics Sr1-xCaxBi4Ti4O15 [x=0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 & 0.8]” International Conference on Key Engineering Materials (ICKEM 2012) Singapore. February 26-28, 2012
- Gagan Anand, A.R. James and P. Sarah “The Dielectric studies of Piezoelectric Ceramics Sr1-xCaxBi4Ti4O15 [x=0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 & 0.8] International Conference on Applied Physics and Mathematics, ICAPM 2012, will be held during 28-29 April 2012, in Chennai, India.
Projects or Ph.D.’s guided:
- Mr. Harsh Gupta (SAP ID: 500048422)
Ph.D. Thesis Title: “Study of Rheological and Tribological Properties of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles Blended Lubricating Oil”. Completed 2021.
- Indian Physics Association – Life Member (IPA)
Personal interests: Chess