Hartej Singh Kochher
B.A. LL.B. (HONS.), University School of Law and Legal Studies, GGSIP University, New Delhi, 2016
LL.M. (Corporate LAWS), National LAW University, Jodhpur, 2019
UGC NET Qualified
PhD (Pursuing), GD Goenka University, Gurgaon
- Officer Cadet at Officers Training Academy Chennai (2017 -2018) Spent 15 Months at the Academy, undergoing training to become an officer of the Indian Army. This training helped me imbibe qualities like - time management, self-discipline, patience, reasoned decision making, leadership, strategic thinking etc. Was discharged from the Academy on medical grounds after suffering an injury under unfortunate circumstances during training.
- Assistant Professor of Law at ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University, Hyderabad (August 2019-October 2021)
- Assistant Professor of Law at SRM University, Sonepat (October 2021-June 2022)
- Joined as Assistant Professor of Law at UPES, Dehradun – June 2022
Competition Law, Constitutional Law, Right To Information Law.
- Chapter in Book: “Case analysis on Peru- Additional duty on Import of certain Agricultural products”, Proceedings of Two-Day National Conference on “International Trade and Investment Laws: Emerging Trends”(ICFAI University Press)(ISBN: 9788131427903) (Jan, 2020)
- Chapter in Book: “Denial of Liberty: Habeas Corpus and Abrogation of Article 370”,Genesis to Terminus of Article 370: Socio-Legal Perspective (DME Law School, New Delhi) (ISBN:9788194481218) (Jan, 2020)
- Journal Article: “Violations of Model Code of Conduct and Accountability of ECI: An Analysis”, National Law University Odisha Law Journal (Special Issue on Election Laws) (ISSN:23488913) (Aug. 2020) [(2020) 7 NLUO LJ 113]
- Journal Article: “Buyer’s Cartels – Two Differing Opinions By The Competition Commission of India”, VIPS Student Law Review, Volume 2 [ISSN 2582-0311 (Print) and ISSN 2582-0303 (Online)] (Aug. 2020)
- Online Article: “Buyer’s Cartels: An Amendment too Late”, Indraprastha Law Review Summer 2020: Vol. 1: Issue 1, Available at- https://rb.gy/gzlzzf
- Book Review: Kochher, Book Review: Sixteen Stormy Days by Tripudaman Singh, 5(1) COMPARATIVE CONST. L. ADMINISTRATIVE L. QUARTERLY (2021). Available at: shorturl.at/nEHU6 (ISSN 2347-4351) (UGC CARE LIST)
- Case Comment: RE CARTELISATION IN INDUSTRIAL AND AUTOMOTIVE BEARINGS. (UNDER PRINT – DELAYED DUE TO PANDEMIC – CONFIRMATION OF PUBLICATION RECEIVED) The Kerala University Journal of Legal Studies (KUJLS) – Peer Reviewed/Refereed Journal of the Department of Law, University of Kerala. (12th ed. Of the Journal)
- Journal Article: ‘Overrun By The Executive? – A Look Into the Proposed Institutional Design of the CCI Under the Draft Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2020’ Vol. 4 Issue No. 1 of JIMS Journal of Law (Jan-June 2020). [ISSN-2581-6837]
- Journal Article: ‘The Control Conundrum: A Study On The Proposed Definition Of ‘control’ Under The Draft Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2020’ Vol. 4 Issue No. 1 of JIMS Journal of Law (Jan-June 2020). [ISSN-2581-6837]
- Chapter in Edited Book: “An Analysis of Dispute Resolution in ‘Peru-Additional Duty on Imports of Certain Agricultural Products”, (ALT Publications, Hyderabad)[ ISBN: 978-93-90255-14-6]
- Journal Article: “The question of “Control” under the Competition Act with special emphasis on the amended definition under The Draft Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2020”, Vol. 2 Issue No. 1, September – November 2021, (ISSN 2582-7820) Available at: https://www.juscorpus.com/journal/issue-1-aug-21/
- “Anti-Competitive Agreements: Competitive Law Dynamics” (ALT Publications, Hyderabad)ISBN: 978-93-90255-00-9 (Year-2020)
Conferences Attended and Papers Presented:
- National Conference on ‘Genesis to Terminus of Article 370: Socio-Legal Perspectives’ at DME Law School, New Delhi on 24th Jan 2020. Paper presented - “Denial of Liberty: Habeas Corpus and Abrogation of Article 370”.
- Two-day National Seminar on ‘International Trade and Investment Law: Emerging Trends’ on 10th and 11th January 2020 at ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad. Paper presented - “Case analysis on Peru- Additional duty on Import of certain Agricultural products”.
- One-day National Seminar on ‘Competition Law 2.0: A Way Forward’ on 29th February 2020 at ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad. Working paper presented - “Buyer’s Cartels – Two Differing Opinions By The Competition Commission of India”.
- Two-day virtual National Conference on "Changing Paradigm of Corporate and Commercial Laws" by Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University on 19th and 20th June 2021 (in collaboration with Taxmann). Paper presented - “The Control Conundrum: A Study On The Proposed Definition Of ‘Control’ Under The Draft Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2020”.
- National Conference on ‘Contemporary Issues in ADR Techniques’ at School of Legal Studies, K.R. Mangalam University, Gurugram on 3rd Dec 2021. Paper presented – “Arbitrability of Competition Law Disputes in India”.
- Panelist - Panel Discussion on 'Impact of Modern Techniques on the Existing System of Competition' organised by The Centre for Corporate and Competition Law at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad. (28th Nov 2021)
Technical Session Chair:
- Chaired a session for - One Day National Conference on the topic "Changing contours of the Market Regulation- What Lies Ahead of the Big Antitrust Investigation" organised by The Centre for Corporate and Competition Law at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad. (28th Nov 2021)