ADMISSION OPEN FOR 2021
WHY STUDY M.DES. AT UPES?
- 100% Placement* record
- Unmatched Global Opportunities
- State of the art deisgn labs and studios (Mac, CAD, Cintiq, Clay and Paint studio)
- Free access to 3900+ global courses on Coursera
- Industry Collaboration with Pixel Galaxy and Lakshya Digital
20% Scholarship for Girl Students*
20% Scholarship for Girl Students for intake in Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programs at UPES for Academic Year 2021.
* For further details, refer T&C on https://www.upes.ac.in/scholarships
Up to 50% merit based scholarships
* For further details, refer T&C on https://www.upes.ac.in/scholarships
E-Learning - Learning Never Stops
- 11000+ Students Attending Online Classes
- 150+ Masterclasses with Industry Experts till Date
- 2300+ Online Internships
- 85% of graduating students completed exams online
100% School of Design Placements* in 2019-20
90+ Students placed* in 2019-20
40+ recruiters in 2019-20
M. DES. COURSESWITH SPECIALIZATION IN
|(Choice based in 2nd Year)||(Choice based in 3rd Year)|
|M.Des.||Product Design||Service Design|
|Film and Video / Photography|
|Social Impact Design|
|Robotics, Accessory Design|
|Transportation and Mobility Design||Exhibition Design|
|Interaction Design||Artificial Intelligence|
|Fashion Design||Immersive Media Design|
|Graphic Design||Any of the specialisations can also be opted as minors|
ABOUT MASTER OF DESIGN COURSE
Increasingly, Design is becoming a fundamental need in almost every field. as it propels the innovation and development of different domains The employment opportunities in this sector are rising with time and the future will see high demand for designers who possess the skills required for innovative execution and are well-versed with modern design tools and concepts.
Master of Design (M. Des.) program at UPES, gives the students the flexibility to work in multi – disciplinary environments. The course will teach you to address contemporary issues in an independent and creative way, in order to participate in a most stimulating and gratifying career.
About M. Des courses
All the M. Des courses at UPES are offered by the nationally recognised School of Design which focuses on nurturing design entrepreneurs with special encouragement for adoption of the latest technology, design thinking and digital transformation. The courses promote multidisciplinary learning through a mixture of customized course work and practical projects. Another benefit of the M. Des courses is the exposure to live classes conducted in partnership with leading industry specialists and designers in India. The School of Design offers seven M. Des courses covering several relevant disciplines in the design world.
- M. Des Fashion Design
- M. Des Product Design
- M. Des Transportation and Mobility Design
- M. Des Interaction Design
- M. Des Graphic Design
Who is the M. Des course for?
The M. Design course in India is suitable for the students who want to explore the global designing industry in depth after their bachelor’s degrees in design. These design courses are also appropriate for those who want to specialize in a specific designing domain such as graphic designing, fashion designing, product development, or UI/UX designing.
The courses can also be pursued by young people interested in pursuing a career in automobile designing or development and want to work for renowned companies like Tesla or Harley Davidson.
EXPERIENCE OUR BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS
- Sports International level playing fields
- Food Options Multi cuisine food options
- Library 200,000 Publications
- Advanced Labs With State-of-the-art facilities
- Medical Facility 24x7 team of doctors
- Transport Facility Safe and Secure buses
- Auditorium 3 world-class auditoriums
- Secured Campus Round-the-clock monitoring by guards and CCTV
LIFE AT SCHOOL OF DESIGN
Minimum of 50% in class 10th and 12th.
B.Tech./ B.E. in any relevant discipline/B. Arch/ BFA/Interior Design/B.Des./BVA
3 year degree such as B.Sc./ BA/BFA/ BVA in Applied Art/Design of any other relevant disciplines (with min. 50% marks) + 1 year of relevant industry experience.
2 years M.Sc./ M.Tech. in Computer Science, CSE, IT subjects / domains (only for Interaction Design). Or equivalent
Exam Pathway – Online UPES DAT (Design Aptitude Test) followed by interview and portfolio presentation
Non–Exam Pathway – Students with valid CEED score could directly sit at interview and portfolio presentation
Minimum 60% 10th, 12th, and Graduation
Scholarship Percentage (%) – Only Tuition Fee for 1st semester and Number of Seats
50% waiver on 10% seats in each program
**UPES - DAT Test Details
Name of Program
Name of Test
Mode of Test
Last Date to Apply
14th and 15th May 2021
11th May 2021
Entrance test for M. Des courses
UPES University conducts a pan-India entrance test for its M. Des courses named the UPES Design Aptitude Test or UPESDAT for those students who do not have a valid CEED score. Only the students who are selected in this entrance test can appear for the Interview and Portfolio round.
The test determines the knowledge and skills of students in different design theories and techniques. The exam is conducted online and lasts for 60 minutes. The applicants need to answer correctly as many objective type questions as they can in the time allotted. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. The candidates can check their UPESDAT results on the UPES website with their application numbers.
|Sem 1||Sem 2||Sem 3||Sem 4|
|Tuition Fee||2, 12, 000||2, 12, 000||2, 30, 250||2, 30, 250|
|Academic Service Fee||69, 500||69, 500||74, 250||74, 250|
|Total Fee||2, 81, 500||2, 81, 500||3, 04, 500||3, 04, 500|
100%* Placements in 2020 in companies such as:
- Tata Elxsi
- Infosys Limited
- Siemens Technology Services
- IDE Autoworks
- Royal Enfield
- Escorts Ltd
- Abhikalp Design Studio
*Disclaimer – Placements statistics refer to the number of students who have opted for and are eligible for placements
What are the career opportunities available with an M. Des degree?
A M. Des degree can open up career opportunities across diverse domains that include internet and communication technologies, fashion and textiles, visual merchandising, TV production and Animation among other things. An advanced degree in designing can also expose you to an impressive set of transferable skills like logical thinking and analytical prowess that can be useful even if you switch career domains.
Here are some interesting career opportunities for each of the M. Des specialization offered at UPES in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- M.Des Fashion Design: Fashion designers, textile designers, runway coordinators, boutique owners, and accessory designers.
- M.Des Transportation Design: Automobile designers, car designers, automobile engine consultants and racing car designers
- M.Des Product Design: Product integration planners, product designers, product developers and development consultants.
- M.Des User Experience and Interaction Design: UI/UX specialists, UI designers, UX designers, website developers and website design consultants.
- M.Des Transportation and Mobility Design: two-wheeler mobility specialists, four-wheeler mobility specialists, heavy vehicle manufacturing consultants and mobile design streamline consultants.
- M.Des Interaction Design: User interface designer, web-based developers, interface designers for online transactions, chat-bot designers, and interface designers for smart phones.
Reasons to study Master of Design in 2021
There are several good reasons to join an M. Des course at UPES Dehradun in Uttarakhand. Apart from a world class academic infrastructure and highly trained faculty, UPES also boasts of 100% overall placements with more than 30 recruiters including Escorts Ltd., Siemens Technology, Royal Enfield, Bosh, Titan and Wildcraft.
In addition to customised curriculums, the students can also take advantage of more than 3800 global courses on Coursera and professional courses on IBM’s Design Thinking, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The students also get an opportunity to study for 4 weeks in Berlin and Vancouver if they can afford the travel and lodging costs.
With a M. Des degree in fashion design, you can explore a career as a fashion designer, textile designer, runway coordinator, boutique owner, and accessory designer among many other interesting positions in the fashion industry.
As a part of the personal interview round, you can present your work portfolio in any of the following formats:
- Hand-drawn sketches and drawings showcasing variety of techniques using markers and colour pencils (10-15 sheets)
- Digital drawings and sketches rendered using digital tools and media (2D and 3D)
- A physical model or prototype of fabric or construction design
You can check your UPESDAT result on the UPES website with your designated application number.