Dr. Sachin Pathak
Associate Professor, Selection Grade
B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics), M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, UP, India.
M.Sc. (Physics), M. J. P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, UP, India.
Ph.D. (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT DELHI), New Delhi, India
CSIR-NET-2008 (Physical Sciences)
Researcher (August 2013 – January 2014)- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi), Delhi, New Delhi, India.
Researcher (May 2014 - August 2018)- Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea.
Research Professor (September 2018 – December 2019) - Korea University, Seoul, South Korea.
Area of Specialization:
Condensed Matter Physics: Magnetic Properties of Materials, Spintronics, Magnetic materials, Ion irradiation, Theoretical modeling and micromagnetic simulations for magnetic nanostructure and magnetic tunnel junctions
Research & Publications:
- Munish Kumar, Ratnesh Kumar Pandey, Sachin Pathak, Vandana, Sunil Ojha, Tanuj Kumar, and Ramesh Kumar, Surface Engineering of Pt Thin Films by Low Energy Heavy Ion Irradiation, Applied Surface Sciences, 540, 148338 (2020).
- Sachin Pathak, Chanyoung Youm and Jongill Hong, Impact of Spin-Orbit Torque on Spin-Transfer Torque Switching in Magnetic Tunnel Junctions, Nature Scientific Reports, 10, 2799 (2020).
- Varsha D. Phadtare, Vinayak G. Parale, Taehee Kim, Kyu-Yeon Lee, Sachin Pathak and Hyung-Ho Park, Facile synthesis of a lightweight three-dimensional polymer scaffold dip-coated with multiple layers of TiO2 aerogel for X-band microwave absorption applications, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 823, 153847 2020).
- Vishakha Kaushik, Sachin Pathak and H. Sharma, "A Systematic Study of the Growth and Characterization of Few-Layer Graphene on Ni Foils, Materials Today: Proceedings, 28, 15 (2020).
- Vishakha Kaushik, Sachin Pathak, H. Sharma, A. K. Shukla, and V. D. Vankar, Growth of hydrophilic graphene oxide layers using continuous laser ablation, Vacuum, 182, 109721 (2020).
- Rohit R. Powar, Varsha D. Phadtare, Vinayak G. Parale, Sachin Pathak, Kallapa R. Sanadi, Hyung-Ho Park, Devidas R.Patil, Pravina B. Piste, and Dnyandevo N. Zambare, Effect of zinc substitution on magnesium ferrite nanoparticles: structural, electrical, magnetic, and gas sensing properties, Materials Science and Engineering B, 262, 114776 (2020).
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, Sachin Pathak, Manvendra Kumar, Udai B Singh, Saif A Khan, Tanuj Kumar, Shikha Awasthi, D K Avasthi, and Avinash C. Pandey, Surface Erosion of BaF2 thin films under SHI irradiation: Angular Distribution and Role of Different Substrates, Applied Surface Sciences , 149343 (2021).
- Rohit R Powar, Varsha D Phadtare, Vinayak G Parale, Sachin Pathak, Devidas R Patil, Pravina B Piste and Dnyandevo Zambare, Magnetic and Structural Properties of Cr-Zn Nanoferrites Synthesized by Chemical Co-Precipitation Method, Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society, 56 5 (2019).
- Rohit R.Powar, Vinayak G.Parale, Hyung-Ho Park, Varsha D. Phadtare, Sachin Pathak, Pravin R. Kamble, Pravina B. Piste, Dnyanashwar N. Zambare, Structural, Morphological and Magnetic Properties of ZnxCo1-xFe2O4 Prepared by Chemical Co-precipitation Method, Ceramics International, 44 20782 (2018).
- Tanmay Dutta, Sachin Pathak, Mohamed Asbahi, Kubra Celik, Jong Min Lee, Ping Yang, M. S. M. Saifullah, Ahmet Oral, C. S. Bhatia, Jongin Cha, Jongill Hong, and Hyunsoo Yang, Non-Destructive Patterning of 10 nm Magnetic Island Array by Phase Transformation with Low-Energy Proton Irradiation, Applied Physics Letters, 111 152401 (2017).
- Sachin Pathak, Jongin Cha, Kangwook Jo, Hongil Yoon and Jongill Hong, Fast and Efficient STT Switching in MTJ using Additional Transient Pulse Current, Applied Physics Letters, 110 232401 (2017).
- Soogil Lee, Sanghoon Kim, Jangyup Son, Jongin Cha, Sachin Pathak and Jongill Hong, Effect of Tunnel-spin-polarization on Spin Accumulation in the n-type Ge(001)/MgO/Co40Fe40B20 Spin-tunnel Contact. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 55 090303 (2016).
- Sachin Pathak, Jongill Hong, Jai Choudhary and Manish Sharma, MOKE Characterization of Electrodeposited Y-Junction Magnetic Nanostructures, Journal of Applied Physics 117 17A751 (2015).
- Lalat Indu Giri, Sachin Pathak and Suneet Tuli, Thermal Diffusivity of Electrodeposited Ni and Co Nanowires using Infrared Thermography, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 75 921-926, (2014).
- Sachin Pathak, Sukhvinder Singh, Rajmani Gaur and Manish Sharma, Experimental Studies and Micromagnetic Simulations of Electrodeposited Cobalt Nanotube Arrays, Journal of Applied Physics 116 053904 (2014).
- Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, Polar Magneto-Optical Kerr Effect Instrument for 1-Dimensional Magnetic Nanostructures, Journal of Applied Physics 115 043906 (2014).
- Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, Magneto-Optical Kerr Effect Measurements on Highly Ordered Nanomagnet Arrays, Journal of Applied Physics 111 07E331 (2012).
- Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, Electron Spin Resonance in Electrodeposited Cobalt Nanowire Arrays, Advanced Materials Letters 3(6) 441 (2012).
- Sachin Pathak, Sukhvinder Singh and Manish Sharma, Synthesis of Magnetic Nanotubule Arrays and Characterization of Magnetization Dynamics, International Journal of Nanoscience 10 641 (2011).
- Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, Study of Magnetization Dynamics in Electrodeposited Magnetic Nanostructures. American Institute of Physics Conference Proceeding 1512 352 (2013).
- Monika Sharma, Sachin Pathak, Sukhvinder Singh, Manish Sharma, and Ananjan Basu, Highly Ordered Magnetic Nickel Nanowires: Structural Properties and Ferromagnetic Resonance Measurements, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceeding 1347 153 (2011).
- Sukhvinder Singh, Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, Synthesis and Characterization of Magnetic Nanowires and Nanotubules, Proceedings of 15th International Workshop on the Physics of Semiconductor Devices (IWPSD)-2009, Dec. 15-19, New Delhi, 280 (2009).
- Manish Sharma, Sachin Pathak and Monika Sharma, FMR Measurements of Magnetic Nanostructures. InTech publishers ISBN: 978-953-51-1186-3, DOI: 10.5772/56615.
- Sachin Pathak, Kangwook Jo, Jongill Hong and Hongil Yoon, Magnetic memory device with enhanced write performance and operation method thereof, Patent Filed, US Patent US20180268889A1.
- Jongill Hong, Hongil Yoon, Sachin Pathak and Kangwook Jo, Magnetic memory device with improved write performance and method of operation by application of transient pulse (Korean Language Document). Patent filed, Korean Patent (KR20180104819A) as file number 10-2017-0031561 (reception number 1-1-2017-0249948-64) (2017)
- Journal of Applied Physics
- Applied Physics Letters
- Electronic Materials Letters
- Yonsei University Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Seoul, South Korea, 2016-2018
- Brain Korea (BK21) Plus Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Seoul, South Korea, 2014-2016
- Proficiency Award, SEM IIT Delhi, 2012
- Senior Research Fellowship (CSIR-SRF), 2010-2013
- Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR-JRF), 2008-2010
- National Eligibility Test (NET) India, 2008
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), 2008
- Institute Gold Medal for securing the First position in M.Sc. (Physics), 2006
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) C & B-certificate, 2001-2004
Professional Presentations (Oral)
- Sachin Pathak and Jongill Hong, Fast and efficient STT switching in MTJ using additional transient pulse current, 5th International conference of Asian union of magnetic society at the Ramada, Jeju in Jeju, Korea (3rd-7th June 2018).
- Sachin Pathak and Jongill Hong, Significant Reduction in Switching Current by Transient Pulse Current for P-MTJ, 61th Annual Magnetism and Magnetics Materials (MMM) conference at the New Orleans Marriott in New Orleans, Louisiana (31st October-5th November 2016).
- Soogil Lee, Sachin Pathak and Jongill Hong, The Relation between Crystal Structure and Spin Accumulation of the n-Ge/MgO/Co40Fe40B20 Spin-tunnel Contact KPS 2016 Fall Meeting conference the Kimdaejung Convention Center in Gwangju, South Korea. (19th - 21stOct 2016).
- Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, MOKE Characterization of Electrodeposited Y-Junction Magnetic Nanostructures, 59th Annual Magnetism and Magnetics Materials (MMM) conference the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort in Honolulu, Hawaii (3-7 Nov 2014).
- Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, Synthesis and High Frequency Characterization of Co/Pd Multilayered Nanowire Arrays, 55th Annual Magnetism and Magnetics Materials (MMM) conference in Atlanta (Georgia) USA (14-18 Nov 2010).
- Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, Static and Dynamic Micromagnetic Simulations of Nanotubules Arrays, 11th MMM-Intermag conference in Washington (DC) USA (18-22, Jan 2010).
- Sachin Pathak and Manish Sharma, Electron Spin Resonance in Electrodeposited Cobalt Nanowire Arrays, ICNANO-2011 conference in University of Delhi, New Delhi, India (18-21 Dec 2011).
- ICM-2018, at The Mosco Centre, San Fransisco, CA (USA). (15-21 July, 2018).
- ISAMMA-2017, at Novotel Phu Quoc Resort Vietnam (10-13 Dec, 2017).
- MagMA-2013, at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (05-07 Dec 2013).
- 7th ICMAT-2013, at International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Singapore (30 June -5 July 2013).
- 57th DAE-SSPS-2012, at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India (3-5 Dec 2012).
- INTERMAG 2012, Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, Canada (7-11 May 2012).
- Workshop on SEM Training, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India, (8-9 Nov 2012).
- InterMag-2011, at Taipei International Convention Centre (TICC), Taipei, Taiwan (25-29 April 2011).
- I-ConQuEST-2010, at National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi, (20-23 Dec 2010).
- EU-India Workshop and EICOON School organized by Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi at India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi, India (1-4 Nov 2010).
- ICMM-2010 at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, (25-29 Oct 2010). I2 Tech, Open house of Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India, (24th April 2010).
- ICONSAT-2010, at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, (17-20 Feb 2010). IWPSD-2009, at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, (15-19 Dec 2009).