Dr. Dipak Maity
- Papers published in journals: 38
- Papers published in journal proceedings: 3
- Conference paper presentation: 32 [16 (India) + 16 (Abroad)]
- Citations: ~2400 (h-index: 20 / i10-index: 25)
- Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy), 2011, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- M.Tech. (Master of Technology), 2004, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, India
- B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) 2002, University of Calcutta, India
- B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) 1999, University of Calcutta, India
- 2021 – Ongoing: Associate Professor, Nanomaterials & Materials Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, UPES,
- 2018 – 2021: Assistant Professor, Nanomaterials & Materials Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, ICT Mumbai, OD
- 2012 – 2018: Assistant Professor, Nanomaterials & Nanomedicine, Department of Mechanical Engineering, SNU, UP
Honours and Achievements:
- Secured GOLD MEDAL in Chemistry Honours, Narendrapur Ramakrishna Mission, India
- Job offer of Scientist C position at Satellite Centre, ISAC, ISRO, Bengaluru, India
- BEST POSTER, ICONSAT 2010 conference, IIT Bombay, India
- BEST POSTER, MRS-S 2010 Trilateral conference, IMRE, Singapore
- UGC Faculty Recharge Award, UGC-sponsored (Job offer of Asst. Prof. position, JNU)
- BEST PAPER, ICONN 2013 conference, SRM University, India
- IAAM MEDAL in the field of Advanced Materials Science & Technology,IAAM, Sweden
- BHARAT VIKAS AWARD in the field of Nanomedicine, ISR, Bhubaneswar, India
- YOUNG INNOVATOR AWARD in the field of Advanced Materials,IAAM, Sweden
His research area mainly lies on Synthesis and Characterization Metal, Metal Oxide, Polymer, Inorganic Nanoparticles and their Applications for example, Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles (SPIONs) based Nanomedicine in Theranostics, Drug Delivery in cancer treatment. During the past twenty years (2001-2020) of his research career, he has published more than forty peer-reviewed research articles in scientific journals like Biomaterials, Nanomedicine, Chemical Communication, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Journal of Applied Physics, Journal of Colloidal Interface Science, Journal of Molecular Liquids and several others (total citations ~2400 with cumulative impact factor, CIF ~ 157). He has also one patent and 6 book chapters. Furthermore, he has participated in several international conferences on Nanotechnology/Nanomaterials area worldwide (USA, UK, Australia, UAE, Singapore, and others countries). and also received several prestigious awards in the area of Nano-biomaterials/Nanomedicine/Advanced Materials. He also served as a potential Reviewer and Editorial board member in many Scientific Journals in the field of Nanomaterials/Nanotechnology. And has supervised a couple of PhD, UG/PG students in the area of nanomaterials in targeting and multi modal cancer diagnosis and therapy and nanoparticles based agricultural applications.
- Nanomaterials and Nanoparticles: Synthesis, Characterizations and Applications
- Green Synthesis of Nanoparticles in Nanomedicine and Biomedical Applications
- Magnetic Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery and Targeting
- Multifunctional Nanoplatforms in Cancer Theranostics (Diagnostics & Therapy)
- Nanomaterials in Solar-Thermal (Heat Transfer Fluid) Applications
- Nanoparticles based Agricultural (Nanofertilizer) and Nanocatalysts Applications
- K.Ganeshlenin and D. Maity* “Recent Advances in Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles (SPIONs) for In Vitro and In Vivo Cancer Nanotheranostics” International Journal of Pharmaceutics 496 (2015) 191- 218.
- K. Ganeshlenin, S. Surendran, A. Chakrabarty, S.N. Kale, D. Maity*, “Facile Synthesis of Novel Hydrophilic and Carboxyl-Amine Functionalized Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications” RSC Advances 6 (2016) 99948–99959.
- P. Sundarraj, R. A Taylor, D. Banerjee, D. Maity, S.S. Roy, “Experimental and theoretical analysis of a hybrid solar thermoelectric generator with forced convection cooling” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 50 (2017) 015501.
- G. Bhattacharya, K. Ganeshlenin, S. Deshmukh, N. Soin, RK Upadhyay, S. Deshmukh, D. Maity, J. McLaughlin, S.S. Roy, “Novel π-conjugated iron oxide/ reduced graphene oxide nanocomposites for high performance electrochemical supercapacitors” RSC Advances 7 (2017) 327–335.
- S. Deshmukh, K. Ganeshlenin, R.K. Upadhyay, G. Bhattacharya, D. Banerjee, D. Maity, M.A. Deshusses, and S.S. Roy, “Terepthalic acid capped iron oxide nanoparticles for sensitive electrochemical detection of heavy metal ions in water” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 788 (2017) 91–98.
- K. Ganeshlenin, A. Sudame, P. Bhati, A. Chakrabarty, S.N. Kale, D. Maity*, “Systematic Magnetic Fluid Hyperthermia Studies of Carboxyl Functionalized Hydrophilic Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles based Ferrofluids”, Journal of Colloid Interface Science 514 (2018) 534-543.
- K. Ganeshlenin, A. Sudame, P. Bhati, A. Chakrabarty, D. Maity*, “Systematic Investigation on Heating Effects of Carboxyl-Amine Functionalized Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles (SPIONs) based Ferrofluids for in vitro Cancer Hyperthermia Therapy”, Journal of Molecular Liquids 256 (2018) 224-237.
- K. Ganeshlenin, A. Sudame, T. Luthera, K. Saini, D. Maity*, “Functionalized Hydrophilic Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Magnetic Fluid Hyperthermia Application in Liver Cancer Treatment” ACS Omega 3 (2018) 3991-4005.
- Sudame, K. Ganeshlenin, D. Maity*, “Single and Dual Surfactants Coated Hydrophilic Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Magnetic Fluid Hyperthermia Applications” Journal of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology 19 (2019) 3991-3999.
- G. Kandasamy, S. Soni, K. Sushmita, N. S. Veerapu, S. Bose, D. Maity*, “One-Step Synthesis of Hydrophilic Functionalized and Cytocompatible Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles (SPIONs) based Aqueous Ferrofluids for Biomedical Applications” Journal of Molecular Liquids 274 (2019) 653-663.
- G. Kandasamy, S.V. Khan, J. Giri, S. Bose, N.S. Veerapu, D. Maity*, “One-pot Synthesis of Hydrophilic Flower- Shaped Iron Oxide Nanoclusters (IONCs) based Ferrofluids for Magnetic Fluid Hyperthermia Applications” Journal of Molecular Liquids 275 (2019) 699-712.
- G. Kandasamy, S. V. Khan, A. Sudame, K. Sushmita, N. S. Veerapu, S. Bose, D. Maity*, “Multifunctional Magnetic-Polymeric Nanoparticles based Ferrofluids for Multi-modal in vitro Cancer Treatment Using Thermotherapy and Chemotherapy” Journal of Molecular Liquids 293 (2019) 111549.
- Sudame, Kandasamy, D. Singh, C. V. Tomy, D. Maity*, “Symbiotic Thermo-Chemotherapy for Enhanced HepG2 Cancer Treatment via Magneto-Drugs Encapsulated Polymeric Nanocarriers” Colloids & Surfaces A: Physicochemical & Engineering Aspects 606 (2020) 125355.
- G. Kandasamy and D. Maity* “Multifunctional Theranostic Nanoparticles for Biomedical Cancer Treatments - A Comprehensive Review”, Materials Science & Engineering C (2021) 112199
- Title: Multifunctional Magnetic Nanoparticles for Cancer Theranostic Applications
Funding Agency: Nanomission, DST, Govt. of India
Budget: INR 50 Lakhs
PI: Dr. D. Maity Co-PI: Dr. S.N. Kale (DIAT) Duration: 3 Years (9th Sept 2016 - 8th Sept 2019 - Completed)
- Title: Development of Cost Effective and High-Efficiency Solar Thermal System
Funding Agency: Shiv Nadar Foundation
Budget: INR 20 Lakhs
PI: Dr.D. Maity Duration: 3 Years (15th Jul 2014-14th Jul 2017 - Completed)
D. Maity,G. Zoppellaro, R. Zboril, K. Polakova “Superparamagnetic Iron oxide nanoparticles with enhanced T2 relaxation indices for magnetic resonance representation and process for preparing thereof” Patent Number: CZ306167B6 (Published on: 07.09.2016)
PhD STUDENTS (Completed)
- Atul Murlidhar Sudame
Thesis Title: “Magnetic Nanoplatform for Drug Delivery & Magnetic Hyperthermia Applications”
- Ganeshlenin Kandasamy
Thesis Title: “Multifunctional Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications in Cancer Treatment”
- Pradeepkumar Sundarraj
Thesis Title: “Design, Development, Theoretical and Experimental Analyses of Advanced Hybrid Solar Thermoelectric Generator”
- D. Maity*, A. Sudame and G. Kandasamy, Chapter 7 "Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles based Drug Delivery in Cancer Therapeutics", WILEY book series: Nanobiotechnology in Diagnosis, Drug Delivery and Treatment, 129-151 (2020), Wiley DOI: 10.1002/9781119671732.ch7. Editors: M Rai, M Razzaghi-Abyaneh, A P Ingle.
- D. Maity*, G. Kandasamy and A. Sudame, Chapter 12 "Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles for Cancer Theranostic Applications", Page 245-276 (2019) SPRINGER book series: Nanotheranostics: Applications & Limitations, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-29768-8_12 Editors: Mahendra Rai and Bushra Jamil.
- D. Maity* and G. Kandasamy Chapter 7 "Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles for Cancer Hyperthermia Treatment", Page 299-332 (2019) SPRINGER book series: Nanotechnology Characterization Tools for Tissue Engineering and Medical Therapy, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-59596-1_7 Editor: SSR Kumar Challa.
- D. Maity*, G. Kandasamy, A. Sudame, Chapter 4, "Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles (SPION) based Magnetic Hyperthermia: A Promising Therapy in Cancer Treatment", Advances in Medicine and Biology, Page 99-160, Volume 117 (2017) NOVA Science Publishers, ISBN: 978-1-53610-896-5 (eBook ISBN: 978-1-53610-931-3) Editor: Leon V. Berhardt.
- D. Maity et al, Chapters 39-41 “Chemotherapeutic Engineering”, (2014) Pan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd, Singapore, ISBN: 9789814463140 (eBook ISBN: 9789814463157) DOI: 10.4032/9789814463157 Editors: Feng Si-Shen, Jenny Rompas and Stanford Chong.
- Active Member: American Chemical Society (ACS), American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), Current Research in Nanotechnology group (CRN), Materials Research Society, Singapore (MRS-S)
- Lifetime Member: International Association of Advanced Materials (IAAM), Institute of Self Reliance (ISR) Leaders Club, International Society for Research & Development (ISRD)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials (RCPTM), Palacky University, Czech Republic
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Yoga & Meditation