Kumargaurao Dnyaneshwar Punase
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade (DOJ - 01.08.2009, Regular)
B.Tech (Chemical Engg.), Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur University
M.Tech (Chemical Engg.), IIT, Roorkee
Ph.D (Chemical Engg.), University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, India
- Graduate Engineer Trainee at Jubilant Organosys Ltd., Nira (July 2006 – July 2007)
- Assistant Professor at UPES, Dehradun (August 2009 – June 2013)
- Assistant Professor – Senior Scale at UPES, Dehradun (July 2013 – December 2016)
- Assistant Professor – Selection Grade at UPES, Dehradun (January 2017 – Till Date)
Area of Specialization:
Process Design, Modelling and Simulation, Heat Transfer, Engineering Economics, Renewable Energy
- Contribution: I have worked in both industry and academia having more than 13 years of experience. I have taught several Chemical Engineering subjects and labs during these years. I have performed various administrative duties including Course coordinator, Activity coordinator, Placement and Internship coordinator, Lab In-charge. I have successfully led NAAC audit from Chemical Engineering department and have also participated in NBA audits of two programs from Energy Cluster. I have delivered the ‘Plant Design Economics’ course for Diploma Engineers at Finolex Industry Ltd., Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- Interest: I am involved in the R&D activities in the areas of Process Modelling, Simulation and Optimization. I am also working on the hydrogen production methods and its applications to fuel cell technology.
Research & Publications:
- Rai A., Punase K.D., Bhargav R. and Mohanty B. (2014) Evaluation of Models for Supercritical Fluid Extraction. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 72, 274–287.
- Punase K.D., Rao N. and Vijay P. (2019)A review on mechanistic kinetic models of ethanol steam reforming for hydrogen production using a fixed bed reactor. Chemical Papers, Vol. 73, No. 5, 1027-1042.
- Punase K.D., Rao N., Vijay P. and Gupta S.K. (2019)Simulation and multi‐objective optimization of a fixed bed catalytic reactor to produce hydrogen using ethanol steam reforming. International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 43. No. 9, 4580-4591.
Honours and Achievements:
- UPES Research Reward – 2019 for International Journal Publication.
- UPES Long Service Award – 2019.
- UPES R&D C3 Award – 2014 for International Journal Publication.
- UPES - ‘Dedicated Service Award’ – 2014.
- President (2007-2008), Chemical Engineers Students’ Society (ChESS), IIT Roorkee.
- All India Rank-511 in GATE-2006
Projects or Ph.D.’s guided:
05 (M. Tech) and 15 (B. Tech)
Reading spiritual and self-motivating books, Listening Music