Dr. J Deva Raju
B.Sc., 1989, (Chemistry, Botany and Geology) Yuvaraj’s College Mysore.
M.Sc., 1991, (Geology) University of Mysore.
Post M.Sc., 1992, Diploma in Hydrogeology, University of Mysore.
Ph.D in Geology, 1997, University of Mysore.
Post Doctoral Fellow in Geology, 1998-2003, IIT Roorkee.
Area of Specialization:
Igneous, metamorphic and Sedimentary Petrology & Petroleum Geology
Methods of petroleum exploration & Structural Geology
Pedology & Remote sensing & GIS
Paleontology & Palynology
Environmental Sciences & Engineering Geology
Rock Mechanics & Geotechnical Engineering
Surveying technique & Fluid inclusion and geochemistry
- Post Doctoral Fellow IIT Roorkee 1998-2003
- Lecturer /Curator University of Mysore. 2004-2009
- Assistant Professor PEES-UPES 2009-2015
- Associate Professor PEES-UPES 2015-2018
- Professor PEES-UPES 2018-till date
Award and Fellowship:
- The collaborative Project (UPES-ONGC) on shale gas, awarded from DST (2016).
- Integration of IOT and Soil investigation to predict landslide detection Patent published In Patient office Journal No.14 dated 6//4/2018 PN:12055
- Young Scientist Project awarded from DST (2004).
- JRF fellowship awarded from UGC-DST project (1993-1997)
- PDF fellowship awarded from DST project IIT ROORKEE (1999-2003)
- Contribution: More than 15 years of research experience in the field of Petrology, Geochemistry, Petroleum exploration, Fluid inclusion studies and Field Geology
- Interest: Petrology, Geochemistry, Environmental engineering, Surveying, Rock and Soil mechanics and Petroleum exploration.
- Shubhangi Kala a , Venkata Yasaswy Turlapati b , J. Devaraju a,* , M.A. Rasheed c , N. Sivaranjanee a , Arun Ravi; Impact of sedimentary environment on pore parameters of thermally mature Permian shale: A study from Kommugudem Formation of Krishna Godavari Basin, India; Marine and Petroleum Geology Volume 132, October 2021, 105236 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2021.105236.
- Shubhangi Kala1 | Javaregowda Devaraju1 | Devleena Mani Tiwari2 | Mohammed Abdul Rasheed3 | Nongmaithem Lakhan4; Organic petrology and geochemistry of Early Permian shales from the Krishna-Godavari Basin, India: Implications for Gondwana palaeoenvironment and climate; Geological Journal. 2021;1–21. 05 September 2021 https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.4262.
- Shubhangi Kala1 | Javaregowda Devaraju1 | Sanjukta De2,3 | Mohammed Abdul Rasheed4, Multiproxy geochemical characterization of Kommugudem Formation, Krishna Godavari Basin, India: Implication on hydrocarbon potential and shale brittleness. Geological Journal. 2021;1–18. December 2021 https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.434
- 4. Vinaya Babu and J Devaraju (2021) Evaluating chemical weathering of sediments using “R” programing environment- A possible Alternative spreadsheets application, WEENTECH Proceedings in Energy, vol. 7(1), pp. 155-179.
- One Patent: Land slide detection system using integrated IOT model: Patent first Examination Report of Patent Application-201811009881 And Mail Reference-PATEXAMFER-333978 waiting for final results.